Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (amber_nicole)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2007, 5:39 PM Reply   
After i ride for about 30 min it is hard for me to get up. any tips on how to put the rope ,body or anything like that
Old     (sonironi)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
I'm a newbee, so it's hard for me to answer. I do know that I've felt the same thing. for me, I think it's I'm just out of shape and my body getting used to things and need to build more endurance. how long have you been riding?
Old     (amber_nicole)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
i have only been out like 8 times so not long i started at the end of the summer last year. so i am still a beginer
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-10-2007, 6:35 AM Reply   
Just remember to put your knees on the inside of your elbows with arms slightly bent. Keep the board out in front of you and let the boat pull you up. This is how i teach anyone to get up and it has never let me down. Just taught a 60 something year old this past weekend using this technique and he got up his first time and every other time after that.

Hope this helps.
Jay
Old     (amber_nicole)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2007, 7:25 AM Reply   
thanks do you put the handle right on the board. cause i seen a girl get up with the handle right on the board.
Old     (futurerx)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-10-2007, 1:06 PM Reply   
where are you feeling tired or muscle burn when it starts to get harder?? if you are able to get up for the first 30 minutes, what is changing??
Old     (amber_nicole)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2007, 1:49 PM Reply   
i feel a muscle burn in the forarm and my shoulder blades.
Old     (amber_nicole)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
nothing is changing i was just seeing if there was easier ways to get up without geting worn out so fast.
Old     (tobs2)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-10-2007, 2:06 PM Reply   
Well make sure that your handle is in a relaxed good position arms around the outside of your knees works best for my begginers....but whatever is relaxed for you......heels to you butt, rope over the center of your board.....and do not try to get up to soon or you will dig the board deep into the water and have to fight it to get up and it will tire you out.......be patient and let the board plain out on the water for women this is much easier.....do not fight it relax and it will work...alot of it has to do sadly as well with the boat driver and the boat....having a tower helps alot for everything....as well as having a good boat driver who can watch you in the mirror and slowly pull you up but not to slow....you add speed as you see the board start to plain on the water.....once you are up you need to put a little extra weight on the back foot that is your right foot if you are regular and left if you ride goofy.....make sure that your lead hip is pushed out like you are aiming your belly button at the ski.....knee's bent slightly and stand tall with the rope low in a relaxed positions closer to your body and not above the chest........once you want to turn you just look right to go right and look left to go left....you can also push pressure on toe edge or heal edge to help a bit too......I hope this all helps out a bit...... Have a great one... Tobin ......this all will help your form and you will be less tired and sore...
Old     (amber_nicole)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
how long have u been ridin?O did u get my e mail yet?
Old     (futurerx)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-10-2007, 4:23 PM Reply   
amber-i get that burn in my forearm so fast!! i think i was gripping the handle too tight..i also started rolling up a towel when i was sitting watching tv to start to work those muscles..it's really helped a little so i can ride longer before my arms start burning and shaking!!
Old     (amber_nicole)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-11-2007, 7:04 AM Reply   
how does that help? will it ever go awy at all?
Old     (lfs56)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-13-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
do everything "cbass" said, and the rope question, just put the rope right between ur knees, the biggest thing is to let the boat pull you up and not to try and stand up too fast, once u let the boat do most the work, it gets way easier
Old     (amber_nicole)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-13-2007, 6:33 PM Reply   
yea that is how i began riding is that way..