Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (wake_nurse)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-15-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
Yes, I know they're not the same place, but I live in the Twin Cities, but have a place up in Barnes WI. Looking for riders in both places! I ride on both Medicine and Owasso Lakes in the Cities, and Middle Eau Claire Lake in Wisconsin (which, other than holiday weekends, is empty - pure butter!). Willing to pay for gas and drinks, etc.

Thanks!

(Message edited by wake_nurse on June 15, 2007)
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-18-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
i ride/live on Medicine and go about 3 to 4 times a week. you are more than welcome to join us. we actually have one other girl that comes with quite a bit.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-18-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
Hey Dawn - Which board are you riding? I am working in Maple Grove a few weeks this summer. I am going to try and meet up with Jay in July when I am there.
Old     (wake_nurse)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-19-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
Bsflower, I ride last year's Hyperlite Devine 134.
Our boat isn't here in the cities, but up in NW Wisconsin; I'm pretty new at this, but have been snowboarding for 10+ years, and have found wakeboarding to be a lot like that. Went out on Medicine Lake 2x last week with my daughters, had a great time!
Old     (aliw2w)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-05-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
Hey Dawn. I Sometimes ride on Owasso Lake.. I ride with a lot of guys. So if you ever want to ride you can.. Its so hard to fine another girl to ride with.
Old     (wake_nurse)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-09-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
Hey Allie, let me know when you're riding next. I have my board here this week, and would love to ride on Friday afternoon if possible.
Drop me a line.
Old     (aliw2w)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2007, 8:50 PM Reply   
Hey Dawn, I would love to go on friday but i have to work till 6pm. Ill talk to some of the guys and see whats going on.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-17-2007, 9:03 PM Reply   
Dawn/Allie - You guys should hook up and ride with Jay. He has a great setup going on there at Medicine Lake. I just got to go out with Jay and his friend's girlfriend, Kate, (she landed several w2w). We also Surfed and the conditions were unbelievable for this Washington girl. I have pics and will post later.

If either of you are around next week, I hope to get out again next week with Jay. I hope....
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-17-2007, 10:17 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (aliw2w)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
Bsflower.. That would be fun. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun the other day.. How long are you in town for?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-18-2007, 4:30 PM Reply   
I am in town next Monday through Friday.
Old     (aliw2w)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
Oooh ok.. We should try to ride when your back in town.
Old     (wake_nurse)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-18-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
I should have my LF Angel in town next week. I'm off MTW, maybe then?

Great pics bsflower!
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-18-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
Dawn - That would be great if we could all hook up. Do you let other people ride your board? Kate (the one in the pic above) is looking for a new board and demoing around MN is slim pickings it appears.
Old     (aliw2w)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-18-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
Dawn.. The Angel. Hows Angel working for you and hows the slingshot.. I got a chance to ride one over the weekend and it was a crazy board. We need to try to go riding when your in town.
Old     (wake_nurse)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-19-2007, 7:29 PM Reply   
My husband loves the Slingshot! The Angel was awesome - really light and responsive, and I came thisclose to getting air off my heelside. Lovelovelove this board!

Oh sure, I'd be happy to share with Kate! When are you going to be back in town?
Old     (aliw2w)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-19-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
Ooh thats so good to hear. Im getting some demo boards in soon from some reps and I cant wait to see how different they be from the angel.
Old     (wake_nurse)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-21-2007, 7:09 PM Reply   
I have to work this weekend, but my oldest rode the Angel today up in Barnes, and loved it! Finally got out of the wake too!

Allie, shoot me an email, let's see if we can get something going this week.