Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (xtremebordgurl)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-16-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
Just wondering if any other girls have a tough time with getting vests to fit comfortably, I find that I always feel like I can't breath cause the ladies get in the way, if ya know what I mean. Are there any vests out there that give some extra room in the chest that anyone knows of?
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-16-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
Have you tried the Jet Pilot Comp?
Old     (xtremebordgurl)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-17-2006, 5:21 AM Reply   
no I haven't, does it have extra room in the chest? I just looked it up on the jetpilot site, didn't look like it did, but then again looks can be decieving when it comes online catalogs.
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-17-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
Won't mention names but one of JP's Team Riders is blessed in that area and it seems to look fine on her. Hope this helps.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-17-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
I have the same problem. I can't find anything that covers the assets either! If you find something, let me know. :-)
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-17-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
I have the Oneill Outlaw for women and I love it! Im not very gifted in the chest area, but friends that are have worn it and they also thought it was comfortable. It is very flexible, and even though it is non cga, I think it floats a lot.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-17-2006, 3:23 PM Reply   
I just recently bought the O'neill Outlaw (non-CG approved) for women and I am "cursed" with 38D's. So far, I have only worn the vest this winter under my dry suit with 2 long sleeve shirts under it, it is still VERY comfy and allows me to bend move easily. I can't wait for the freedom of just a bathing suit on under it!

Previously, I wore a Wet Tech CG approved vest and I felt like I was humpty dumpty. It certainly held me in, but I was squished.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-17-2006, 3:34 PM Reply   
Renee - There is hope! I too am around a D.. so it's really tough. Glad to know something might actually work for me!
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-17-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
Since it's non-CG approved, the BIG question is how will it float me when just wearing a bathing suit. Hopefully my "other" floatation devices will help. Otherwise I will have to go back to the other jacket.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-17-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
hahaha I think my "other" flotation devices are substantial enough that I should be okay!
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-17-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
Sorry i can't help, my girls fit under any vest just fine. Except for the bikkini I don't look much different than a 12-year old boy. In fact, I share an Outlaw with my 14-year old nephew.
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       03-18-2006, 6:19 AM Reply   
The JP comp floats me,could be my large chest also.I'm wondering why LF hasn't got a comfy comp vest for the ladies like they have for the guys.
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-18-2006, 6:56 AM Reply   
Lf has a new ladies vest out now. It is called the Slick Hinge or they make a standard neoprene also. They advertise "cut specific for women" }Hope this helps Knelems. Try this link to check it out.
http://www.liquidforce.com/maven_slick-hinge.htm
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       03-20-2006, 5:57 AM Reply   
Thanks Taylor, I have them in stock but they aren't as thin as the JP's.LF has really stepped up the ladies line the past couple of years but could do a few more items.I think they have three or four comp vests for the guys.
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-20-2006, 3:06 PM Reply   
Wish I had that problem with having a hard time finding a vest to fit my 38D's
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-20-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
Hahahahaha good point.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-20-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
No you don't... they're a pain in the ass to fit into a bathing suit. Everything cute comes with PADDING which you don't need, and doesn't leave room for your boobs and nothing supports you other than granny suits. I would rather have a pair of B+'s and be able to make them look like D's with push up's and padding.
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-20-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
Welp. We dont have a wide variety of push up bikinis? or padded bikinis. The padding in those bikinis moves around and even just falls out in the wash. I end up removing the padding and then im back to me ol' B's again. Theres even more to this situation than I care to elaborate on but anyways.
Its a no win situation. Finding a confy, well fitted girly vest aint easy for us either.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-21-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
For the record, I'd rather have your B's anyday. Don't even get me started on all the reasons why!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-21-2006, 2:56 PM Reply   
Has anyone tried the Hyperlite Profile? It seems like it might be a pretty good vest for the well endowed bunch.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-21-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
I tried one of the hyperlite women vest, and it looked more comfortable than it fit. It was kind of tight in the chest area. Then I tried the oneill outlaw and bought it even though it was a bit more expensive... money well spent