Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-08-2016, 8:39 AM Reply   
What is going on with our country right now? Can't we all just get along? Don't shoot those who are protecting you and enforcing the laws that keep you safe!

I feel bad for this guy who was exercising his 1st and 2nd Amendment rights at the same time and the police and media identify him as a suspect and plaster his picture all over the news but then they don't plaster this video of him cooperating with the police:
https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/751293228284915712

He says that he is now receiving death threats. Hope the police gave that gun back to him so he can protect himself!
Old    TheWakeIsReal            07-08-2016, 8:57 AM Reply   
Isn't this along the lines of exercising their rights? To use guns to stand up against a tyrannical government? Doesn't have that nice of a ring to it when it happens does it?

RIP to the officers. Senseless violence all around.

Last edited by TheWakeIsReal; 07-08-2016 at 9:01 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-08-2016, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Isn't this along the lines of exercising their rights? To use guns to stand up against a tyrannical government? Doesn't have that nice of a ring to it when it happens does it?
Who ever said it would have a nice ring to it? You're crazy if you think that - or if you think gun owners are looking forward to having to "rise up" against the government.

Very few gun owners ever think that way and those that do are not exactly giddy thinking about it.

You're also crazy to think that a government that has nothing to fear from its citizens will act in the very best manner toward them and put them first in every decision.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-08-2016, 12:07 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure they were Muslims
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-08-2016, 12:32 PM Reply   
It had been 12 hours since he’d lost his son to one of the country’s worst mass police shootings, and he still couldn’t understand why.

Dallas police officer Patrick Zamarripa had survived three tours in Iraq, one of the world’s most dangerous places, his father, Rick Zamarripa, said Friday. And then this.

[Five police officers killed in Dallas, and seven others wounded during shooting at protest]

“He comes to the United States to protect people here,” his dad said. “And they take his life.”

Rick was watching television Thursday night when news broke that someone had opened fire on downtown Dallas around 9 p.m. after a peaceful protest in the city. He knew that his son had in recent months begun working as a bike officer in the downtown area, an assignment he enjoyed.

“Hey Patrick,” his father texted. “Are you okay?”

Rick had asked his son that question before, because he knew Zamarripa’s job was dangerous. The response usually came quickly: “Yes, dad. I’ll call you back.”

Not this time.

“I didn’t hear nothing,” Rick said.

He contacted Zamarripa’s wife, Kristy Villasenor, whom he believes was at a Texas Rangers game with their 2-year-old daughter, Lyncoln. She didn’t initially know anything either, he said, but soon was told they should get to the hospital.

Rick sped east from his home 40 miles outside the city. He was the first family member to arrive.

“How’s Patrick?” he asked an officer.

“He wouldn’t tell me,” Rick said. “He had that look on his face. I knew.”

Patrick Zamarripa’s entire adult life had been devoted to service. He entered the Navy soon after high school, his father said, and saw combat during his time in Iraq. When he got out about five years ago, he joined the Dallas Police Department.

He just liked to help people, his father said.

His interests, outside of an avid devotion to the Rangers and Cowboys, were few.

But he adored his daughter.

He tweeted photos of Lyncoln on the day of her birth in 2013.

“Daddy’s got you,” he wrote. “My new reason for… life.”

Daddy's got you #Lyncoln. pic.twitter.com/xtZ8oScWB4

— Patrick Zamarripa (@PatrickEZ01) December 16, 2013

Lyncoln Rae. 12-14-13, 7.15 lbs 20 1/2".

My new reason for for life. #daddysgirl#princesspic.twitter.com/jcD6SjkRm1

— Patrick Zamarripa (@PatrickEZ01) December 15, 2013

On Thursday night, Rick said, the family was briefly allowed to see his face through a glass window.

Lyncoln, Rick said, called out for her father.

“Da da,” he heard her cry. “Da da.”