Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-30-2008, 6:31 PM Reply   
Here are some shots I took at Phoenix, 113 degrees on Sunday.

Upload

JD, Nice job in finals

Upload

Julian cooling off, but not on the rails

Upload

Upload

Upload

Jacob Valdez

Upload

Upload

Eddie

Upload

Harley

Upload

Don't try this at home...

Upload

Upload

Upload

Jr. Winner

Upload

Riders

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Nicola

Upload

Upload

UploadUploadUploadUpload
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-30-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
Thanks Randy.As always. Wish I could see the junior men and womens finals.
Old     (ds3)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-30-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
Great shots. I needed a bigger lens! It was HOT out there. I stopped by for a few hours on Sunday. It was cool to see some runs.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-30-2008, 9:15 PM Reply   
Randy,
How was the crowd considering the 110+ heat?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-30-2008, 9:35 PM Reply   
Eric, pretty light, smallest of the year I would guess.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-01-2008, 5:45 AM Reply   
Chris- Dave said he will be posting video later.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-01-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
The wake looks like doodoo.
Old     (sjohnson)      Join Date: May 2007       07-01-2008, 7:53 AM Reply   
"The wake looks like doodoo."

Its probably because that venue is in salt water...so lots of salty suds make it decieving.
Old     (bucnoles)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-01-2008, 8:06 AM Reply   
Plus it's a Mastercraft.
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-01-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
Just in case any officials read this, what was with all the banners, shelters etc etc in front of the bleachers? The view from up there was crap, the best place to view was right up next to the fence, but there was no cover there.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-01-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
damn that bawting nicola's doin is legit as hell...
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-01-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
Who is the girl on the rooftop rail???
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-01-2008, 12:09 PM Reply   
Chris, not 100% sure but it might be Andrea AKA parkgirl from wakeworld. CIE can you guys confirm?
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-01-2008, 12:18 PM Reply   
I thought about that. Looks so small though. Thought maybe Danni?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-01-2008, 12:23 PM Reply   
Don't think that is Andrea. I culd be wrong though.
Old     (blondesrule)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-01-2008, 1:11 PM Reply   
i have to second gobigorgohome. the placement of tents, banners, and such made it horrible for the view of the boarding. took my daughters to watch and could stay long due to not being able to see from the bleachers and having to watch while in the hot sun.
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-01-2008, 2:17 PM Reply   
yea I agree on the lack of visibility. The admin stuff should have been in the middle island or on the other side of the lake like they do with the IHBA events. They also do a lot of the race stuff at night with the lights on so the spectators survive the event. Arizona would be a good beginning location maybe a qualifier here and one on the east coast instead of two on the east. I am sure the qualifiers would be a heck of a lot more interesting having the butter we had here versus the chop in Actworth.

The water in that lake is flat nasty! It was balls hot I don't know how people like ricky g were in that all day in head to toe black. Takes a tough person a lot of time in that heat to live through an entire day like that.

(Message edited by w00taz on July 01, 2008)
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-01-2008, 3:42 PM Reply   
Okay i'll pipe in on this a little bit. I talked to alot of the riders and there were alot of complaints about the heat obviously and the water ie the water was nasty, stinky and the salt content was twice as much as ocean water so it was stinging riders eyes and what not. The salt water also seemed to play a role in the stickiness of the rooftop rail as i saw a number of competent riders literally stick and go down. I spent alot of time on the boat on Sat. and i'll say that i drank probably 5 gallons of water that day.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-01-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
A few more, from Friday before the contest at lake Barlett. I got to tag along with Greg Weatherall shooting some Jr men's riders. The 210 that was lined up broke the night before so these shots were the boys riding behind a Moomba direct drive and still making it work. My pic's are pretty crapy, I'm sure Greg's well be the real deal, can't wait to see them.

Phillip Aslinger

Upload

Upload

Steven Cahail

Upload

Upload

Ryan King

Upload

Upload

Upload

Alex

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-01-2008, 7:50 PM Reply   
Randy, Phil said he really enjoyed the day despite the boat situation. I'm looking forward to seeing pics and learning more about the day. Phil said something about hitting Greg with his board trying to get a shot. No injuries I assume.

Thanks for posting the pics.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-01-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
George, he landed right on top of Greg, it was crazy, he ducked at the last minute. Greg's shots will be very good. You going to Reno?
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-01-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
Despite what the pics look like the wake was awesome. A ton of riders came up and told me how good it was.

But, yes, it was unbelievably hot. I had few really good friends that live there that came out for an hour or so, and told me that if I wasn't there, there is no way they would be there. And, they are in to wakeboarding.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-02-2008, 7:23 AM Reply   
Randy, Unfortunately I have to be in Asheville, NC on Monday morning, I would have to leave Reno Sunday Morning to make it back east. I decided that I would stay here since I could not stay for the finals.
Old     (krazywake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-03-2008, 3:50 AM Reply   
hey guys, great pics.

more pics and the highlight video from the event can be seen at my page http://www.krazywake.com. let me know what you think of the vid!
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-03-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
Blaine good meeting you out there....Great Video i thought it was very cool...I personally liked the excellent Wakeworld Sticker placement...Lol