Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (_vitty_)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-16-2009, 9:39 AM Reply   
Joe, you are correct. They were easy to remove so I did it anyways.
Old    shooter_08            10-16-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
This is a long thread, so I apologize if this was answered. For all the owners:

How do you like the transom speakers compared to a tower set up? Is this really a superior design? I saw people saying it’s a great wake with the stock 4k LBS tank. Does the tank have baffles so you can weight it left or right? Is this truly the first boat that you can say does not need weight on top of stock ballast? Looks like a sick boat.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-16-2009, 6:51 PM Reply   
The speakers really are sweet. You can have the rears turned all the way up, and still talk in the boat. With tower speakers, if it's loud enough for the rider to hear, it's killing the people in the boat.

The ballast is actually 3 different tanks. Each tank has 2 pumps. 1 to fill, and 1 to drain. I timed the fill/drain times last week. 10.5 min to move all that water.

The wake is big. Even without the ballast, it's bigger then most fully loaded boats.
Old     (pilsner31)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-17-2009, 6:38 AM Reply   
Joe's right shooter, sell your fat sacs if you buy an Epic.
Old    shooter_08            10-17-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
So much thought went into this boat. Twin rudder, hull design, transome speakers, under floor ballast that puts the other boats to shame The simple things also make a difference (like the anchor storage up front and the simple graphics). The more I look at this boat, the more I like it. I love my SANTE and I'm not currently in the market, but Epic may be my next boat purchase! Too bad they dont have more dealers.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-17-2009, 12:11 PM Reply   
I hear you shooter, we are a Nautique and Epic dealer and the Epic is a great boat.

We never use all 4000lbs, the wake is so good with around 3300lbs at 82 to 85 at 23.5
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-17-2009, 2:13 PM Reply   
Has anyone gotten pads for the guide poles? From where?
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-20-2009, 3:33 AM Reply   
I got my insurance bill today. I was really suprised to see that it went down $38. I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but I was expecting it to go way up. My last boat was an 01' Mobius V. I have the same coverage, except the dollar amount went up, but somehow the premium went down.

Anyone else have that happen?
Old     (_vitty_)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-20-2009, 5:19 AM Reply   
This is the first boat I have owned so I am no help. My premium is $600 a year through state farm.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-20-2009, 7:19 AM Reply   
Some have asked me about the status of Epic lately since their website is so dated. The word I got is that they kinda got screwed over by the web developer and are having a bit of trouble gaining access to the site.

In the meantime, here are other places to go:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/EPICBoats
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/epicboats
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=epic+boats&init=quick#/EPICBoats?ref=search&sid=1391498292.491549266..1
Epic Boat Owners: http://www.epicboatowners.com/
Epic Boats: http://www.epicboats.com/
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-20-2009, 11:02 PM Reply   
Tuneman, where did you hear this?
Old     (kenb)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-21-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
I am ready to buy the 23V but one thing is holding me back. I have two older kids and two younger kids. The younger kids are still tubing and one of the older kids likes to slalom (). Does the 23v have a ski post buried anywhere? If not, I'm gonnna have to get a Tige or MC...
Old     (roomservice)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-21-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
Ken,Epic does offer a ski attachment and grab bars for the bow if you need them.
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-21-2009, 5:36 PM Reply   
ken- i know this doesn't address the older kid that wants to slalom ski, but not having a ski pole or eyelet for tubing was a concern of ours as well, we have a 3 and 5 year old and numerous neices and nephews we take on the boat with us who tube. We just hook the tube rope to the tower, same place we hook waksurf/wakeboarding ropes to. It works just fine for tubes, its not too steep of an incline for the tube where it pulls the front of the tube out of the water. In fact, I have removed 'add eyelet to transom' from my winter 'to-do' list, its really not needed (at least for tubing).

DO NOT let that be the deciding factor of you not getting an Epic!
Old     (_vitty_)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-22-2009, 5:16 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I just joined up at the Epic Boat Owners website. The forum layout seems much better over there than here and I suggest you all join as well. In case you missed Tuneman's link(which is only 5 posts up from here) the link is http://www.epicboatowners.com
Old     (pilsner31)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-23-2009, 10:24 PM Reply   
Hey, any of you guys heard of Transhield covers. They make covers that go over your tower, then shrink with a heat gun for a more custom fit. They look like a perfect winter storage cover to take the sun and stress away from my epic cover. Anyone had any experience with them? I'm looking at the TRSF10780 that fits 24'-26', I figure that should cover the swim platform as well. Does that make sense or am I out to lunch? I also need to find a dealer in Canada or one that ships here.
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-26-2009, 7:51 AM Reply   
Fred- those transhield covers work pretty slick, our epic came with a really nice custom one from the factory that we r going to use for this winter. Did yours come wrapped in one? U may want to ask your dealer if they have it. Those things are about $300-$400. Mine fits the epic perfectly & has a piece that covers the swim deck, it has epic emblems on it too. It's identical to the one on the 23e boat pic pictured above.
Old     (_vitty_)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-24-2010, 4:16 PM Reply   
Lets revive this thread as the season is upon us and we need a place to congregate.
Old    ScottRobinson            04-19-2010, 9:39 PM Reply   
bump
Old    ScottRobinson            04-19-2010, 9:44 PM Reply   
Well, going to order tomorrow the new 2011 EPIC 23v. Can't wait. Soon as I get it I will post pics. Thanks Joe for talking again.

Anyway, love to talk to any other EPIC owners. hit me up!!
Old     (sdkid21)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-23-2012, 4:25 PM Reply   
Just noticed the new epic 2012 line is up and the website has been completely revamped....

Wish I could pick up one of these bad boys, but I love my 08' Epic.

-Matt

www.epicboats.com
Old     (kimberlyb06)      Join Date: May 2016       06-06-2016, 12:24 PM Reply   
I have a 2008 Epic 23v and am having issues filling the tank with fuel. It only lets me pump about 1/4 gallon at a time and I have only ever been able to pump about 12 gallons into the tank. 12 gallons does not last very long when out on the lake. It seems like there is some sort of venting problem, but when I looked down in the tank area, I couldn't even find a vent hose. Does anyone have any information on this for me?
Old     (timmay208)      Join Date: Jul 2016       07-19-2016, 2:58 PM Reply   
Guessing this thread is dead lol. I have a 08 23v also
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-17-2017, 10:09 AM Reply   
All-
Dont know if this thread is still alive or not? However, it's time for a new cover for our '09 23v that has the stock Samson Razor tower. Anybody out there have a lightly used one thats in good shape or know where i can get a new one? I have a message into Epic and waiting to hear back, however, now that Epic doesnt produce wakeboats any longer, im doubting Epic has any for purchase...Any help or direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks!