Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-15-2010, 3:39 PM Reply   
This was earlier this summer about a mile from my house on I-84 outside of Boise, ID. I saw the smoke during my commute home but got off the freeway about a 1/2 before this.

Sounds like the guy had everything he owned in truck and boat and was moving from one state to another. PWC was in the back of the truck too. Truck over heated, luckily, no one was hurt.

Uggghhh...I feel for the guy...Hope insurance kicked in and took care of him

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Vehicle-fir...ry=y&img=0&c=y
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       10-15-2010, 3:53 PM Reply   
Holy hell how does that happen? **** don't just catch on fire if your truck overheats. I feel bad for the guy. I had a truck burn one time, but it was sitting in the driveway. No idea how it happened. I hope he has a good policy on the truck and boat.

I always wondered how things work between truck and boat policies when an accident happens. Supposedly my boat policy covers the boat if, for example someone rear-ends me while towing, or a hub goes bad catastrophically and a tire comes off the trailer and you hit someone or boat is damaged, but I've heard of cases where they try to pass it off to your auto insurance. Though I have both my truck and boat with the same company... When I hear about these kind of things it makes me read through my policy again.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-15-2010, 4:40 PM Reply   
Wow that really sucks..... Next time, don't buy a FORD!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-15-2010, 6:34 PM Reply   
Bummer. Looks like the truck caught fire first.

Man, that site sucks too. What a PITA to go thru the pics... and their out of order.
Old     (rbrandon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-16-2010, 9:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7X_LSV_23 View Post
Wow that really sucks..... Next time, don't buy a FORD!
Let me guess your a GM fan
Attached Images

Old    jdgreen1            10-18-2010, 6:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrandon View Post
Let me guess your a GM fan
That Z71 burned because it was parked next to a Ford....that caught on fire. True story, I was there.