Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (blondesrule)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-24-2009, 12:05 PM Reply   
I am looking to get a more torquier prop put on my 05 Supra 21V. Dealer here says he does not have any acme 1235s, but has a four blade 16 pitch. He claims it will give me better torque plus better top end, which I am not worried about. Does anybody know if this is true for the torque, if it will help at all? I am currently running original 3 blade, the 4 blade is what they are putting on the 22ssv and 24ssv.
Old     (sacmule)      Join Date: May 2007       02-24-2009, 6:08 PM Reply   
There is a give and take relationship between torque and top end; you cannot have both. If you a higher torque prop you will have to sacrifice top end, which sounds like what you want. I would go 4-blade; the lower the pitch the better torque. A 16 pitch prop is a good compromise between torque and speed. Work with your dealer to ensure the prop will work with the gearing ratio in the Supra 21V (you probably have a 1.5-1 ratio as opposed to a 1-1 as typical in a direct drive). Find out what the Supra Tournament Boats are using; they might be down in the 14 to 15 pitch range and may increase diameter to 14 or 14.5, check it out. I hope this helps a bit. I have a VLX and just bought the stock 4-blade prop (16P); the current stock prop is a 17.5P, I opted for the lower torque prop that was stock for my year boat. My rationalization was that the manufacturers spend a lot of time and $$$ to find the best prop for all occasions and some top end was desired and did play into my decision. During my prop hunt, I did learn that some tourney VLXs are running a 14.5x14.25 prop, this is a full inch larger than the stock prop. Spoke with one guy, he loved the larger diameter, lower pitch prop and said he would not be going back. Again work with your Supra dealer and try calling the dealers that provide the tourney boats for the events in your area to see what they use for their setup.
Old     (paulw)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-25-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
Call Acme direct to get the info. They know which props are best on a lot of boats
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-26-2009, 4:43 AM Reply   
I agree with Paul, call Acme and they should be able to tell you the different props available for your ride and how each one will perform. Good Luck!
Old     (ej_ojprop)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-26-2009, 7:11 AM Reply   
We,, OJ PROPS, supply Skiers choice the propellers for the Supra and Moomba boats. We offer our #468 14.25 X 14 LC 1 1/8" XMP EDGE 4-blade for your application. We also have the #475 14.25 X 14.5 LC 1 1/8" XMP EDGE 4-blade that would work well.

Feel free to give me a call if you have any other questions.

Eric 800-359-9730
Old     (paulw)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-26-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
O yeah call Eric at OJ props they know what there doing, sorry Eric