Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-27-2008, 2:40 PM Reply   
Anyone else out forced to sell their boat? My wife lost her income so we had to sell our B52 Team Edition. I held out as long as I could. I am really starting to feel bummed since the weather is warming up.
Late$
Wadd$
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-27-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
sorry to hear... it is a tough economy out there right now.. hope it bounces back soon
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-27-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
Agreed - Im sorry to hear that too.
Old     (alex2012)      Join Date: May 2003       03-27-2008, 4:20 PM Reply   
That sucks! Drop me a line when your near sactown. We're always looking for a third.
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-27-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear that bud...
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-27-2008, 4:58 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-27-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
Hate to hear, good luck to you.
Old     (steveotx)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-27-2008, 5:12 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear it. I was forced to sell mine last spring due to being laid off and being the only income provider for a family of 4. Toys come and go. Just think of it as being closer to your next boat. I bummed rides last summer and probably rode as much as ever. It was kind of a nice break from having to do all the work. It also made paying for a tank of gas look cheap compared to the boat note.
Old     (blondesrule)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-27-2008, 5:41 PM Reply   
I had to get rid of my Tige and my 05 Ford F-250 due to my wife going back to school and me having to pick up all the slack. Definitely know where you are coming from.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-27-2008, 5:47 PM Reply   
I almost sold mine and may still, but hanging in there for now! Times are tough and having to help out my retired parents.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-27-2008, 8:53 PM Reply   
I may have to switch jobs if it doesn't get any better where I work. I am hoping to stay put till the economy gets better.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-27-2008, 11:41 PM Reply   
luckily enough I saved and bought my boat cash so getting rid of it wouldn't save me any money. My tow vehicles is also my full time car so I have to have that. I feel for you guys having to give up your toys that really sucks.
Old     (ride900)      Join Date: May 2007       03-28-2008, 1:35 AM Reply   
Rick, Who says that they didn't pay for their stuff cash and just need the $. MAn talk about hittin a guy when their down. Might think about that next time you want to brag about being able to keep something that someone else can't.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-28-2008, 3:41 AM Reply   
well guys, one thing about having to sell toys to pick up the slack or make some cash or cut costs is that atleast you were fortunate enough to have the toys to sell. its a lot worse when the only thing you can sell to make ends meet is your home. i feel for you guys, good luck this summer, and with your finances.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-28-2008, 10:31 AM Reply   
johny what up bro, you move back to s.c. yet? your always welcome in my boat brotha. drop me a line, lates B.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-28-2008, 11:15 AM Reply   
Johnny, keep your chin bro. Hopefully a new one isn't too far a way.

rick having something "paid off" is great. Having YOUR boat paid off and a B52 paid off are two ENTIRELY different things. Kinda like saying: "I paid off a '84 Ford Taurus last week!! woohoo!!" see what I mean?
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       03-28-2008, 2:06 PM Reply   
I think comparing Rick's boat to an 84 Ford Taurus is a little harsh.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-28-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
you get the point. i see what you mean nacho.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-28-2008, 3:29 PM Reply   
I don't think they made the Taurus in '84.

Seriously though... That's not what this thread is about. Keep it civil guys.

Johnny, look at the plus side. Now you can go ride with some different crews, meet some new people and enjoy a summer off from boat maintanence.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-28-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
"The Ford Taurus is an automobile manufactured by the Ford Motor Company in the United States. Initially a front-wheel drive mid-size car, it was introduced in December 1985, replacing the rear-wheel drive Ford LTD."
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-31-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
Thinking about trying to unload my boat too. I know I just bought it last June, but the wife and I are now coming to grips that we would like to live debt free. It could be accomplished in less than 2 years without the boat. This of course isn't completely debt free as I would still have a mortgage, but we wouldn't have any other monthly big ticket items. I've been tossing it around in my head all winter (of course)

If I could get what I owed on it or at least someone to take over payments, I'd probably drop it for a few years and pick back up later on when the kids are a little older. It wasn't the best financial decision I've made, but man is it fun!
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-31-2008, 2:41 PM Reply   
^^^^

Sounds like someone went to a Dave Ramsey seminar.Nothing wrong with debt free, and being financially sound. However, don't get caught up in the thought that all debt is bad.
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-31-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
IVE BEEN listening to the dave ramsey show,

and seriously i dont see how you can live debt free in cali?

I mean i have no boat payment or car payment, but dude who puts cash down on a house and pays all up front here? or better yet, who is going with a fixed 15 year loan on a home and having it only 25% of their net income?

i see the logic behind it but nor cal i dont see the reality.

I feel for ya bro, I actually sold my nauty last month to pay off the bills from my super ugly divorce.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-31-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
Dave's name has come up, but we are tired of living a little too tight. Our mortgage screw up is costing us $400 more a month right now and the pinch is hurting a bit. Just got my raise 20 minutes ago, so that will help a bit. Now it's time to hit them for the promotion!

I don't see how someone can live debt free at 35 years old owning a house. I guess it can be done, but not at my standards :-)
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-31-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
Don't take this the wrong way but why would you live in CA with prices the way they are?
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-31-2008, 6:50 PM Reply   
Funny... Ramsey told a dude the other day who had NO debt except his house and had $15000 cash saved he could not afford a boat...
I told my wife that Dave said we could not afford a boat.. she disagreed..
I listen to Ramsey on XM when travelling.. good advice but sometimes a bit drastic... My logic and his suggestions are always different.. (i.e. not paying the highest interest debt first...)
There are others who teach a little more realism.. Suze Orman, Larry Burkett was great..
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-31-2008, 7:16 PM Reply   
yeah ramsey is a mastercraft guy so he is a little off. i hope to be debt free , shortly