Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-18-2013, 11:40 AM Reply   
Any recommendations on a used an SUV in the $25-$30K range? This would be a daily driver for a family of four but also would be used to tow our Malibu. I've had an Expedition for a long time and it has actually been a decent vehicle for us...not fancy of course but has been fairly reliable. I'ts got 170K on it now so I think it's about time to start looking for a new ride. I know my options are limited in that price range to get something without a ton of miles and something that's not too old, but that's where we are currently. Thoughts?

Only things I've really considered thus far: Expedition, Tahoe, Sequoia. Explorers are nice as well but I like the room of the bigger SUV's and the towing capacity isn't great.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-18-2013, 12:07 PM Reply   
I absolutely love my trailblazer ss. It's a blast to drive and is an excellent tow vehicle for wakeboats (400hp plus really strong brakes). The only downside is the fuel economy - I probably average 13 to 14 mpg. But, since you can grab a really nice one in the 20K range, you can use all that extra money for fuel. Good luck!
Old     (Intrlaz)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-18-2013, 12:30 PM Reply   
Agreed, I love my TBSS. I've towed hundreds of miles with it and had no problems. It handled a highway blowout on my single axle trailer easily.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-18-2013, 12:34 PM Reply   
I love my 2006 Suburban 2500. For $12,000 its hard to beat! The 8.1 is known to go 300,000 miles so with 105,000 miles, I feel fairly certain mine will last a good while longer
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-18-2013, 12:59 PM Reply   
Just a thought Eubanks, but when I looked into spending 25,000 on a used truck, I found it more economical to buy a new one. GMAC was offering 5K off any new truck with their ****ty loan, and the dealer gave me 4K off. So I ended up with a brand new 2011 4x4 Sierra for $28,000, and then refi'd through a credit union for 3.9% which is a better rate than you can normally get on a used truck The one advantage to going used would be saving on the tax through a private party, but the trade off is the warranty.

GMAC does this once or twice a year.