Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old                11-04-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
I have set out to redo my amp rack. Last year at the last minute I decided to replace my amps. I found a smoking deal on some Arc Audio KS amps. I did not have time to build an amp rack like I wanted so had to suffice witha basic one.

This fall, I got around to doing the amp rack correctly. I still have some work to do with mounting it in the boat and wiring it all up, but I think you will get the idea.

I decided to do a floating setup with the amps mounted 1/2" off the capret nap so that all wires could come out from under the amp and into their respective recepticles. Very clean appearance.

Here is what all I did:

I started with 1/2 birch, sawed and sanded it to fit the shape of the hull and bulkhead in the observer passenger seat compartment. Once I got it shaped, two coats of epoxy resin were applied.

Next I marked where the amps would go and drilled out the holes where the thru-bolted stainless steel machine screws would mount.

I already has some marine carpet which I was not comfortable wrapping around the board. I took it up to Earmark in Lewisville and had David and his guys glue/wrap/staple carpet to the board for a very fair price. Turned out perfect. Thanks David

Next I mounted the hardware. Everything is stainless steel except for the off-white 1/2" nylon spaces to lift the amps of the rack. My next step will be to dye the spacers black.

I am going to wire with all grey (Stinger HPM) power and ground wire and all speaker wire will be black (Stinger pro). Will post more pics as progress is made. Amps shrouds are coming off and being sent to the powedercoater for a flat black finish and the Arc Audio badges will be re-applied.

Enjoy the pics!!

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old                11-04-2009, 1:05 PM Reply   
Once more picture

Upload
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-04-2009, 3:43 PM Reply   
Hey great job Murph. Are you gonna have the wires exposed or pulled through the rack?
Old                11-04-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
Pulled thru the rack. The rack has some 3/4 blocks of wood on the back so that I can space it off the bulkhead and feed wires thru the holes in the center of the amp rack.

The screws that hold the amp rack to the bulkhead will be hidden by the amps.

It should look really clean
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-04-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
Murphy-

Very nice work -you will be very happy with those amplifiers!
Old                11-04-2009, 4:05 PM Reply   
Thanks, I ran those amps last season and loved them.