Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-20-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
Gene- That team that beat the 'media baby' is now ranked.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-20-2009, 11:23 AM Reply   
Hell yeah Dawgs. I guess they should probably give coach of the year right now to Sark.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-20-2009, 11:43 AM Reply   
USC is now ranked #12 and the UW......#24! Go Dawgs!!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-20-2009, 2:52 PM Reply   
"10 points? TEN POINTS over unranked Tennessee?"

Dont forget they were in the swamp!
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-20-2009, 4:54 PM Reply   
My Bears survived! Jahvid looked very good. Look out USC.
Go Bears!!!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-27-2009, 6:26 AM Reply   
Wow, CAL got CLOCKED yesterday! PSU goes down. And that LSU game was close... anyone see that ending?

My Jayhawks are still undefeated but we've yet to play anyone either.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-27-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   

quote:

By E.J. (deuce) on Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 12:10 pm:

Cal can try to make me a believer, but until they do..... 1 Conference title(shared) in 30 years is statement enough. EVERY YEAR is supposed to be Cal's year to do something.....and then.....

....and then.....they go into Autzen Stadium and get crushed....

Hope Boise moves to 5 and doesn't get jumped...
Old     (dav51lin)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-27-2009, 9:19 AM Reply   
the dawgs get a reality beating by stanford
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       09-27-2009, 10:37 AM Reply   
I love it. Stanford always stirs things up over on the west coast. Actually Arizona State looks pretty legit this year. and Cal ..... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

LSU apparently has no running game or Miss St. running D is just top notch.

Kinda sucks that Tebow got hurt right as Fla. gets into the meat of their schedule. It would be nice to get a true best against the best of every team in the SEC. At least Florida has a two week lay off before LSU.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-27-2009, 10:38 AM Reply   
The bears of the 90s return... Sigh lol
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-27-2009, 12:07 PM Reply   
Gene - went to the uk florida game, tebow getting hurt sucked. He went down and stayed down for a long while. He left the hospital this morning and hopefully this concussion doesn't hold him out.

It was kinda pathetic seeing people cheer that he got hurt bad. Its expected i guess. Im all for getting jacked up but seeing someone laying on the ground motionless for 5 minutes and cheering is beyond me i dont care how much you dislike a player.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-28-2009, 12:16 AM Reply   
eh, you would've cheered had it been kobe. i'm pretty sure you did in an older thread.
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-28-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
Funniest college fb commentary of the weekend, courtesy of wb.com:

"holy crap, Tebow got knocked out."
"don't worry, he'll be up in three days."
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       09-28-2009, 1:55 PM Reply   
I hear ya Eric.
I am sure many people silently cheer about a player going down but to do it out loud is just in bad taste.

It cracks me up how quiet this thread is when the PAC-10 teams are struggling. Craig hasn't chimed in in almost 2 weeks.
Old     (baldboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-28-2009, 8:30 PM Reply   
I think Oregon is the team to beat in the PAC-10 since they play USC at home. Even though I think USC has the best players in the PAC-10, Oregon is the best team in the PAC-10 at this time. USC has to improve a lot, or else they will get beat by Oregon even if they get by at Cal, at Notre Dame, and Oregon State.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-29-2009, 7:14 AM Reply   
I just wish Oregon State and Alabama could play.... just so we could have a rivalry game between my wife and I.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       09-30-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
I thought this was interesting:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-bcs092909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-07-2009, 8:26 PM Reply   
Dez Bryant ruled ineligible....

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10183726/Oklahoma-State-All-American-Bryant-is-inegligible

quote:

STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) - All-America wide receiver Dez Bryant has been ruled ineligible by Oklahoma State, four days before the 15th-ranked Cowboys' first Big 12 game.

The university announced Wednesday that Bryant "failed to openly disclose to the NCAA the full details of his interaction with a former NFL player not affiliated with OSU." Oklahoma State (3-1) said it had already asked the NCAA to reinstate Bryant for the violation of bylaw 10.1(d), which prohibits players from knowingly providing false information to the NCAA regarding a possible rules violation.

"I made a mistake by not being entirely truthful when meeting with the NCAA," Bryant said in a statement released by the university. "I sincerely regret my mistake and apologize to my teammates, coaches, OSU fans and the NCAA."

A top NFL prospect, Bryant caught 87 passes for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns last season while also scoring twice on punt returns. He's the only one of last year's three finalists for the Biletnikoff Award that is still in school.

This season, Bryant leads the team with 17 catches for 323 yards and four touchdowns. He left Oklahoma State's 41-24 win against Rice after taking a hard hit and sat out a 56-6 win against Grambling State two weeks ago.

The Cowboys were off last week and open conference play Saturday morning at Texas A&M (3-1).

"We are certainly disappointed, but we are moving forward as we would with any challenge during the season," coach Mike Gundy said in a statement.

Oklahoma State said the situation "does not involve anyone associated with the OSU football or athletic department staffs, any employee of the university, alumni, donors, or any third-party affiliated with OSU."

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-11-2009, 9:44 AM Reply   
490 yards and 7 touchdowns!
not bad for the backup quarterback in his first start

GO Tech!

http://www.mywesttexas.com/articles/2009/10/11/sports/top_stories/doc4ad16a59b069d912807358.txt
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-11-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
Man that game was awesome last night! What a freak ending to beat U of A. Huskies are definitely fun to watch this year.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-11-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
I was at the Razorback game yesterday. I think our defense may be a tad better than we thought. Tubby predicted us to lose by the exact margin we won by. Success
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-11-2009, 10:52 AM Reply   
Not much chatter around here. A few big upsets in the SEC. Typical SEC canibalism. I bet everyone thought LSU was gonna get blown out.

I have to admit I thought Auburn was better than they showed. Good for the Hogs. I have to say it would be nice to see more top notch SEC teams play outside the conference to prove their worth.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-11-2009, 11:04 AM Reply   
I also have to admit that LSU was ranked a little high due to STUPID preseason polls but the media giving USC the media baby treatment still makes me ill. And Ohio State gets their ass kissed too. USC & Ohio State are the only disagreement I have with the top 10 rankings. Both their only real test was against each other. I cannot wait for bowl season when another top notch SEC team gets to embarrases one or the other ...... again.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-11-2009, 11:21 AM Reply   
Huskie's like to keep us on edge this year, but at least they are winning! That pick 7 last night was amazing, just having his head straight to grab the ball off his foot and run. GO DAWGS!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-12-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
I went to the Husky game. I left with 4:30 left in the game. I lose at life.
Old    mcbean7            10-12-2009, 10:13 AM Reply   
What a finish. I almost gave up also...almost. Way to hang in there Dawgs. Now, let's do the same to ASU!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-17-2009, 4:22 PM Reply   
The only reason Florida won that game, is because Tim "Second coming of christ" Tebow and the "Unbeatable" gators had the calls and spotting they wanted all day. On that last drive, tebow was down 2 yards short, and magically got the most amazing spot ever. Blown Pass Interference calls all game, bad spots, I mean seriously, that was terrible.

I will be starting a campus wide witch hunt for our kicker though.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-17-2009, 4:30 PM Reply   
^^ bitter a bit? cmon now florida played terrible and won. Call it what you want, but missed calls are a part of football. The one PI was could have gone either way. The other one was poor, ill agree.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-17-2009, 5:19 PM Reply   
From my point of view I have to agree. Bad calls both ways but down the stretch Florida got a ton of benefit from the officials. The Personal Foul call was an F ing joke.

Hogs are no joke. But their kicker is.... ;)
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-17-2009, 5:35 PM Reply   
All I know is watching/listening to games done by Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson makes me want to stick knifes in my ears.... It is more Danielson....80-20 at least....but the team DRIVES ME NUTS.
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       10-17-2009, 6:34 PM Reply   
Its the bye week but GO DUCKS!!!!
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-17-2009, 7:08 PM Reply   
How can anyone keep FL at #1 after this weekend?? I know the rankings are flawed, but that seems obvious.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-18-2009, 6:51 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-18-2009, 7:31 PM Reply   
USC almost gets beat and jumps to number 4 in the AP poll? what a joke.

Boise State #4 in the BCS? another joke.

Iowa jumps 5 spots? wtf?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-18-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/polls
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-21-2009, 2:27 PM Reply   
http://connect2utah.com/content/fulltext/?cid=57931

come on playoff system. If Obama gets this to happen then I am fine with him getting the Nobel peace prize for doing nothing.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-21-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
What the hell are they even doing screwing around with this and MLB doping crap when so many more pressing matters that have to deal with the vitality of this country are at stake?

It pisses me off that this is even a concern of theirs. I am not saying it does not need to be done just not a matter of national concern for everyone.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-24-2009, 8:04 PM Reply   
The weather was as bad as the cell phone pic... But that didn't keep LT and her friend from having a great time at the Utah vs Air Force game...

Upload
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-25-2009, 7:07 AM Reply   
First, I have never give a 2nd thought about football until my son started attending Miss State. But now, Go Dawgs! Florida did not ROLL. I thought the Dawgs gave them a good fight, but you are correct, the Gators won as expected.

Deuce: Great pic! Future heartbreakers!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-25-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
USC jumps 3 spots in the BCS after beating (and not to convincingly) an unranked Oregon St. team? WTF? Typical media bias in favor of USC .

Alot of teams struggled this weekend.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       10-25-2009, 3:01 PM Reply   
The UT Bama game made me sick. I cant believe our kicker missed a 47 yd FG and 2 other FG's blocked. We outplayed bama the entire 2nd half and lose because of special teams.
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-25-2009, 3:31 PM Reply   
Yeah, I almost lost it over the Alabama game. Thank goodness for Cody. I really don't understand our coaching staff. We run the wildcat and shove it down UT's throat in the first half. Then, when we have 2nd and 2 from the 4 yard line, we try to pass twice and settle for a field goal. The whole second half we don't even run the wild cat?? Crazy!

Anyway... ROLL TIDE! Looking forward to just chilling next weekend and enjoying football as we have a bye.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-25-2009, 6:33 PM Reply   
gene, i understand your frustration, but i'm more inclined to say that bsu and tcu fell past iowa and usc due to the weak teams they played. even if they win out, if others in the top 10 continue to win out as well, bsu and tcu may continue to fall. their schedules just don't help them.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-25-2009, 6:41 PM Reply   
I understand Iowa because they should have lost based on the way they played, but TCU kicked complete ass.

Is it based on future schedule or who they are currently playing?

Hell I am surprised that Alabama didn't fall two spots based on that crap play against Tennessee. My argument is that USC did not beat an unranked team convincngly enough to jump at all in the polls. Especially over TCU. Hell I am not a TCU fan but Boise State and TCU are fighting it out over a BCS bid and stuff like that hurts TCU bigtime.
Old     (jdrcrew8)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-26-2009, 9:27 AM Reply   
Gene - give the Beavs some respect man. This would be the unranked OrSt. team that:
- has won 2 of the last 3 against USC
- has won 8 straight bowl games
- has the most wins in the Pac10 of anyone not named USC in the last 3 years
- has finished in the top 25 the last 3 years

Just because the media gives the P10 no respect doesn't mean fans shouldn't. Look at the computers, more than half have the P10 as the nation's toughest conference right now.

PS - the OrSt. losses this year. To Cincinatti(#5) in a close game & to Arizona(22) in another pretty close game.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-26-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
Ok I am not denying that they have done well in recent years but the only year that counts is the current one.

All of their games look to be pretty close this year but when you are squeaking out a win at UNLV (3-5) by 2 points you are not a top notch team. Not trying to bash them but USC should have smoked them to deserve a #4 ranking.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-28-2009, 1:15 PM Reply   
interesting...

quote:

No longer living in a world where SEC rules

Oct. 27, 2009
By Gregg Doyel
CBSSports.com National Columnist

SEC football is overrated, and this is a dangerous position for me to take. Dangerous, because CBS has a working relationship with the SEC. At its highest levels, my company pays a lot more money to broadcast SEC football than it pays to publish me. Between SEC football and myself, one of us is expendable. And it's not Tim Tebow.

That said, I can't do it. Not for a second longer. I can't carry the water for a football conference that can't carry its own jock.

SEC football 2009 is not what it once was. It's certainly not SEC football 2008, when it had the best team in the country. That team was Florida, which laid a 24-14 whupping on Oklahoma in the BCS title game.

SEC football 2009 has been living off its past all season, and the backlash is coming. Maybe it's here already. Maybe, as I channel my inner Barack Obama, I am the change we've been waiting for.

It's certainly not the other 'Bama.

Alabama? That's the superpower we're tired of waiting for. Just like Florida.

Overrated, both of them.

Pollsters agree with me on this point, but pollsters being pollsters, they don't have the guts or independence of thought to come out and vote how they really want to vote. So they keep flip-flopping Florida and Alabama from one to two to one to two, unimpressed on a weekly basis with the Gators and Crimson Tide but still conditioned, in their Pavlovian heart of hearts, to believe SEC football 2009 is what everyone said it would be.

And it's not.

Our first clue came on Sept. 24, when No. 4 Ole Miss went to South Carolina and laid a rotten egg on national television. It wasn't the Rebels' fault they were ranked about 20 spots too high. They were undefeated, and they were an SEC team, so they were given the benefit of the doubt by pollsters who have been conditioned to believe SEC football is the best in the country without question amen.

SEC football 2009 was exposed that day, but only Ole Miss paid the price. The Rebels went hurtling down the rankings, never to be seen in the top 10 again. Which is fine, but not enough.

SEC football 2009 needs to go down the rankings, too. All of it. Every SEC school in the top 10? Yes. Every school.

Florida doesn't deserve to be No. 1. Alabama doesn't deserve to be No. 2. LSU doesn't deserve to be No. 9.

This isn't the preseason anymore. College football has a lot more to go on than hype and talk. We're almost into November, for crying out loud. College football has actual results, and the results for Florida and Alabama are not the results of the No. 1 and No. 2 teams in the country.

Both schools keep winning, yes, but they keep winning unimpressively. They keep scraping by other teams in their own league, ugly wins against ugly teams -- with Florida winning on officiating mistakes as much as anything -- but it has been enough to keep the Gators and Crimson Tide on top. It's like a black hole in reverse: The vortex of SEC football has sucked Florida and Alabama into the top spots, and it won't let them go.

So Florida gets rewarded for barely beating bad Tennessee and Arkansas at home, and for barely beating even worse Mississippi State on the road.

And Alabama gets rewarded for the flukiest -- along with Iowa's opener vs. Northern Iowa -- home victory of the season, a 12-10 squeaker on Saturday against Tennessee in which the Crimson Tide blocked two field goals in the fourth quarter. Alabama is No. 2 in the country today for one reason, and one reason only: Because Tennessee doesn't have a kicker who can lift a field goal over zero-jumping Terrence Cody.

Look, nothing against Tennessee. The Volunteers have been better under Lane Kiffin than I suspected they would be, but the Volunteers played Florida and Alabama as closely on the road as they played UCLA at home. And UCLA sucks. UCLA is 3-4. But UCLA beat Tennessee as easily as Florida and Alabama beat Tennessee.

Who should be No. 1? Maybe UCLA! Well, no. But how about Texas? The Longhorns are beating everybody, and they're beating the crap out of almost everybody.

If not Texas, maybe Southern California. Yes, genius, I know. USC lost to Washington. But the Trojans lost that game without their most important player, quarterback Matt Barkley, and he's back. If the goal of the BCS is to place the best two teams in the title game, well, USC with Matt Barkley deserves as much consideration as Florida or Alabama.

Hell, at this point, I'll listen to arguments for Cincinnati ... and I'm the guy who said the Bearcats were one half of the Boisinnati phenomenon that didn't belong in the BCS title game. I'm not changing my mind on Boise State -- not even a top-10 team, if I had a ballot -- but the Bearcats are destroying everybody they play, and if we want to compare apples to apples, Cincinnati beat Oregon State by more points on the road (28-18) than USC beat Oregon State at home (42-36). How 'bout them apples?

Cincinnati still has a lot of work to do. They'll need to demolish No. 20 West Virginia and No. 16 Pittsburgh, but the Bearcats could do it. And if they do, it should mean more to voters than Florida's last-second field goal to beat unranked Arkansas, or Alabama's last-second field-goal block to beat unranked Tennessee.

The wind's blowing, and it's up to the human element in the BCS system -- the voters -- to feel it blow. Or they could use another of their five senses. They could use their smell.

Because compared to its hype, the SEC stinks.

Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-28-2009, 1:28 PM Reply   
As a student at the University of Arkansas, I agree with the above article.

Is it just me? or does football look Ugly this season. No dominate players or teams, it's just ugly win after ugly win for everyone except TCU, Cinci, and a handful of others.

Heisman will be lame at best this year.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-28-2009, 1:29 PM Reply   
Good article but let's tap the brakes a bit on Texas being #1. Barely taking care of a Texas Tech team at home that got destroyed by the Aggies. Who have they beaten other than a now three loss Oklahoma team who played with their backup Quarterback. Florida and Alabama might not be as good as their ranking suggests, but you should be saying the same about Texas.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-28-2009, 1:49 PM Reply   
That is interesting.....
I wouldn't say the SEC stinks. They are definately alot of anemic offensive teams in the SEC ( all of the top teams included) and probably will not dominate the bowls like in years past but stink? The guy is stirring crap up. LSU doesn't deserve to be #9? I strongly disagree with that one but an argument for nearly all of the top 10 teams being #1 could be made. Nobody is dominant.

It is gonna be one of the most political battles the BCS has ever seen this year because nobody really stands out. Alabama did in the beginning but their offense has struggled.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-28-2009, 3:11 PM Reply   
My prediction: Oregon beats USC and leapfrogs LSU, Cincy, and maybe TCU.... basically trades places in the polls with USC. Sucks for everyone else.... except Boise State.

It should be an interesting quandry for the pollsters.
Old     (akman)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-31-2009, 11:02 PM Reply   
^^^^^

SC gets taken behind the wood shed and beaten like never before in the Pete era.

Let's just face it SC is a year or 2 away, they lost way too much on offense and defense.

TCU!!!

I would like to see Boise and Oregon play now, I think Oregon would put some big ugly numbers up.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-01-2009, 1:23 AM Reply   
I just want them to play again so I can rewatch highlights of that classless tool getting lit up again.
Old     (gerald_withanuuh)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-01-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
im not sure but i agree they are doin good
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-01-2009, 12:31 PM Reply   
I hate to say it because I am Husky fan and hate f'ing ducks, but they look like the bes tteam in the nation right now. They definately look like they are in the same class with Florida, Alabama and Texas.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-01-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
I can agree with that. Taking USC behind the shed deserves some recognition.
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       11-01-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
DUCKS DUCKS DUCKS!!!!! GO DUCKS!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-01-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
it's definately a site for sore eyes to see the Bearcats FINALLY in the spotlight. its about time they started getting the best players from the area to come there and play. hopefully this year is just a preview of years to come...

and EFF USC...i'm so happy the ducks put it on them...
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-01-2009, 5:29 PM Reply   
What if..
TX, AL, and FL all go undefeated. Who plays in the Championship?
My opinion..
TX and AL. FL has had a WEAK schedule and have been almost been beaten by a few unranked as well as being beaten by AR.
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-01-2009, 6:15 PM Reply   
GettingOlder - You don't have to worry about Florida and Alabama being undefeated. They would play each other in the SEC title game. As for the article above. We can't say whether the SEC is overrated or not until they play in the NC game. I mean, we have won every national title game we have played in over the past 10 years.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-01-2009, 6:15 PM Reply   
I hate that we even have to ask that question magellan. A playoff is well over due.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-01-2009, 6:52 PM Reply   
In my opinion they need to do away with preseason polls. It gives teams like Florida, Ohio State, Texas way to easy of a road to get to a national championship game. They should start coming out with polls after week 3 or 5 or something like that. I do think they need a playoff as well but I am not sure it will happen soon because of all the money involved with the Bowls.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-01-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
I totally agree with nixing preseason polls. There is so much bias it is gonna eventually hurt college football. I have to comment on the rankings and the fact that their are two obvious media baby teams that always seem to get preference. Who are the top 2 loss teams and where were they ranked when they were 1 loss teams? I makes me cringe to think about the bias. USC got their ass handed to them by a really good team and still are ranked 12? WTF?!!! ?
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-02-2009, 7:56 AM Reply   
Interesting:
http://crimsonconfidential.com/news/articles/2009/10/31/bama-pulls-off-rare-feat-in-sec
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-02-2009, 10:43 AM Reply   
Where is the Big 12 love? UTexas finally stepped up and show that they can bring some whoopass. Agreed their schedule is on the weak side but beating Okie State gave me a glimmer of hope for a Big 12 team that should be in the top 5

(Message edited by depoint50ae on November 02, 2009)
Old     (baldboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-02-2009, 9:56 PM Reply   
Read my post on September 28th.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-02-2009, 10:06 PM Reply   
wow, you're psychic! can you send me the winning lotto numbers?

Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-03-2009, 8:53 AM Reply   
Not a very bold prediction on my part and especially not yours since USC has and still is being held up in the rankings by biased media crap.

USC is still ranked 12 after giving up 613 yards and getting pummeled for their worst loss in a DECADE? Everyone saw it coming that is why their was no resistance even to my (SEC biased) prediction.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-03-2009, 4:34 PM Reply   
Anybody see the Highlight of Brandon Spikes gouging another player's eyes out? How sick is that.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-03-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
What a punk. That sounds like something Romanowski would do.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-03-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
And a whole Half Game Suspension. Stay classy Urban Meyer.
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       11-03-2009, 6:16 PM Reply   
The SEC backed Florida on the half game suspension. Ridiculous. Whatever it takes to keep the National Championship within reach (not that they would have lost in the next game or 2 anyways)
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-03-2009, 6:23 PM Reply   
Yeah, I am a huge SEC fan (Roll Tide!!), but I have to agree that what Urban Meyer did with Brandon Spikes is a joke. I mean if he had done that off the field it would have been assault! Half a game...give me a break! Guess that shows Florida only cares about championships.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-04-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
Sean - so? Have you played football? No im not condoning what spikes did, it was wrong, but cmon.

If you wanna post up cheap shots thats fine, take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cERuyek02wA

Do you hear florida complaining? no cause its called football.. SPikes half a game was deserving, no doubt but calling for more is gettin questionable. Spikes along go his helmet ripped off twice in that game, once was terribly blaten. The dude from georgia even said he shouldnt be suspended at all.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       11-04-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
Ha ha ha ha some of the comments on that clip are priceless!
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       11-04-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
That late hit deserved a penalty for sure, but come on. He had stopped running, and they were face to face. He gave him a late hit. Its nothing that was going to seriously injure Tebow. it is not the same as having a guy on the ground and purposely driving your hands into his helmet to try and damage his eyes. It was malicious and was every bit as bad as the Blount punch.

Just because it happens in piles, doesnt mean it should. He got caught and should have been punished for it. But Urban Meyer and the SEC showed what theyre all about.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-04-2009, 11:11 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edDTmix6vWs
worse, and no he was never suspended.

"He gave him a late hit. Its nothing that was going to seriously injure Tebow"

It very well could have easily injured Tebow. Tebow didnt see it coming, whats preventing Tim from getting another concussion?

Your right, spikes got caught doing something he shouldn't have done, and he has issued and apology and is being punished. What more do you peolpe want? Want him to sit out the rest of the season?? get real, this is college football, this is two teams that hate each other.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-04-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
It very well could have easily injured Tebow. Tebow didnt see it coming, whats preventing Tim from getting another concussion?

Give me a break, my four year old could take that "hit"

Not saying it was right, but that was a love tap at best.

(Message edited by zo1 on November 04, 2009)
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       11-04-2009, 12:04 PM Reply   
Nobody is saying he should be out for the season, but it should sure as hell be more than a half of a game. It should have been a 2 game suspension.

LeGarrett Blount was suspended for 7 games (assuming he comes back this week) for that punch, and he was at least provoked.

Regardless of whether the 2 teams hate each other, you shouldnt be able to get away with a malicious act. (a 30 minute suspension doesnt count).. But hey, whatever it takes to win, right?
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-04-2009, 12:05 PM Reply   
Eric, come on man! Are you serious? You are comparing that first hit to what Spikes did?

On the second video, are you just going to keep posting videos to prove that Florida has had dirty plays happen to them, so it's ok to have Spikes try and gauge someones eyes?

"is being punished. What more do you peolpe want?"

Half a game is not a punishment, it's a joke. At least one game, if not two.