Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-02-2021, 2:24 PM Reply   
This video from The New Your Times points out Liberal Democratic Hypocrisy.

https://youtu.be/hNDgcjVGHIw

I love the quotes, "Liberals are great at Showing up at March & putting a sign in front of their home" but that's about it "They Say We believe in these values BUT NOT IN OUR BACK YARD, LOL I love it
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-06-2021, 5:01 PM Reply   
This is the Way it’s been in democratic strongholds forever. All these hypocrites pushing their agenda and policy on everyone but themselves while they line their pockets and bank accounts. It’s a brilliant strategy . People are too stupid to actually look into things and simply rely on rhetoric and media to regurgitate their voice because it makes them warm and fuzzy.

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-06-2021 at 5:03 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-06-2021, 7:16 PM Reply   
Uh huh, because only the left practices hypocrisy

https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7nn...en-son-college
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-06-2021, 8:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Uh huh, because only the left practices hypocrisy

Did you read the article you posted ? Can you point out the hypocrisy there ? The guy used an acquaintance to write a letter for his son to get into college in 2014. Which just about every college student needs . He then reported on story that came to light much later on , well after the asked letter, of which his son didn’t even use.

Last year, during his attacks on Hunter Biden, Carlson admitted that he knew the president’s son and his wife well.

So in other words he reported on the facts that one of his acquaintances was a complete bustout POSwho’s crooked dealings and drug problems were covered up by daddy and his power. I fail to see the hypocrisy there . One might actually call that investigative reporting , putting your job obligation ahead of your personal feelings/relationships.

Comparing a college recommendation letter to state/national policies which are costing the lives and health of people across America is completely asinine . I am surprised your country even allows you to access the internet at this point. I would expect that type of lunacy response from our resident Ostrich , not from you. The lockdown has melted your brain. Be better.

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-06-2021 at 8:56 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-07-2021, 9:17 AM Reply   
Tucker is a fake populist, he talks constantly about how corrupt the establishment is, how evil the democrats are yet in reality he moves in these circles and is buddy buddy with all of them.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-07-2021, 9:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Tucker is a fake populist, he talks constantly about how corrupt the establishment is, how evil the democrats are yet in reality he moves in these circles and is buddy buddy with all of them.
While they are all in the same city and have the same profession, me thinks you are projecting. We do not know what these folks do in their private time.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-07-2021, 10:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
While they are all in the same city and have the same profession, me thinks you are projecting. We do not know what these folks do in their private time.
Eh, yeah we kinda do. Tucker calls up Hunter and asks for a personal favor. No projection required.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-07-2021, 10:14 AM Reply   
Do you reckon these grifters have ever cared about prisoner mistreatment before now, lol.
Attached Images

Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-07-2021, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Do you reckon these grifters have ever cared about prisoner mistreatment before now, lol.
I don't know. We have multiple murderers who were out out free on no bail warrants, but you trespass with the democrats, they put you in solitary and claim you are a danger to society to be locked away for a year with no bail. Yet democrats set fire to city after city and even took over a state house with actual violence and burned a federal court house with no arrests. Interesting story. You tell it.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-07-2021, 10:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Eh, yeah we kinda do. Tucker calls up Hunter and asks for a personal favor. No projection required.
Interesting. Have a link?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-07-2021, 11:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Interesting. Have a link?
Sure:
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-07-2021, 12:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
in 2014? This is 2021. Life time in politics.

From the article:

VICE News could not verify the authenticity of the email exchange, and Carlson and Biden did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Even though Biden wrote the recommendation letter, Buckley Carlson did not attend Georgetown, but instead studied government and political science at the University of Virginia. He graduated in 2019.

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 12-07-2021 at 12:39 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-07-2021, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
in 2014? This is 2021. Life time in politics.

From the article:

VICE News could not verify the authenticity of the email exchange, and Carlson and Biden did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Even though Biden wrote the recommendation letter, Buckley Carlson did not attend Georgetown, but instead studied government and political science at the University of Virginia. He graduated in 2019.
That doesn't change the point, Tucker makes out he is with the people holding authority to account but it's all a sham, he peddles outrage while swimming with the sharks.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-07-2021, 1:20 PM Reply   
You do realize you can ask someone for something in 2014 and then realize in 2020 they are frauds that perpetuating dangerous lies about America. I am pretty sure that there no need to dig that deep in the ol Hunter back then until the Biden and democrats started to lie to the American public for political power. If anything, I would hold Tucker in higher regard to go after someone is supposedly swims with unlike the CNN folks who know they are dirty and protect them.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-07-2021, 2:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
That doesn't change the point, Tucker makes out he is with the people holding authority to account but it's all a sham, he peddles outrage while swimming with the sharks.
Ralph, are you out of lockdown yet? It been a few years now, was wondering when you guys are going to be allowed outside. here its pretty bad down under, lots of angry people and some insane rules you guys are under? Are they limiting your internet yet? I didn't see you posting and though maybe you guys were not allowed to go online?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-07-2021, 2:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
Ralph, are you out of lockdown yet? It been a few years now, was wondering when you guys are going to be allowed outside. here its pretty bad down under, lots of angry people and some insane rules you guys are under? Are they limiting your internet yet? I didn't see you posting and though maybe you guys were not allowed to go online?
Yes mate we are out now, it was a pain in the neck but gave us time to fix the botched vaccine roll out. Supposedly no more lock downs moving forward, they have a new concept for mitigation with mask use and limits on group numbers linked to hospital status. Sounds reasonable in principal but let's see.

Good news is our total deaths from covid is 50. Not 50,000, not 50 per day but 50. So yeah the government completely dropped the ball with the vaccine roll out which resulted in the second lockdown but at the end of the day they have done an amazing job in minimizing the death rate. Economies and businesses recover, dead people do not I guess.

Don't get me wrong we still have selfish idiots here but they are less than 10% of the population.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-07-2021, 7:14 PM Reply   
Technically I don't think this is hypocrisy but I don't think what Jesus had in mind for his followers celebrating his birthday.
Attached Images

Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-08-2021, 7:00 AM Reply   
What's your point? Petty sure he didn't have this in mind either. Name:  images.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  17.4 KB
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-08-2021, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Technically I don't think this is hypocrisy but I don't think what Jesus had in mind for his followers celebrating his birthday.
I don't think Jesus was a Green Bay Packer fan either. Good catch!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-08-2021, 11:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
You do realize you can ask someone for something in 2014 and then realize in 2020 they are frauds that perpetuating dangerous lies about America. I am pretty sure that there no need to dig that deep in the ol Hunter back then until the Biden and democrats started to lie to the American public for political power. If anything, I would hold Tucker in higher regard to go after someone is supposedly swims with unlike the CNN folks who know they are dirty and protect them.
What dangerous lies was hunter biden peddling?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-08-2021, 11:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
What dangerous lies was hunter biden peddling?
Oh, I don't know. Selling access to Joe to the Chinese and Ukrainians to start. Who knows how deep it goes.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-08-2021, 11:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Oh, I don't know. Selling access to Joe to the Chinese and Ukrainians to start. Who knows how deep it goes.
Selling access? Im sure if the Chinese or Ukrainians want to talk to Joe, they know the phone number. Why pay when you can just pick up the phone?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-08-2021, 11:52 AM Reply   
If you don't think a republican Christian congress women glorifying minors and guns is questionable behavior I don't know what to tell you.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-08-2021, 11:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Selling access? Im sure if the Chinese or Ukrainians want to talk to Joe, they know the phone number. Why pay when you can just pick up the phone?
bad optics and paper trail when you are selling back door access for cash.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-08-2021, 11:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
If you don't think a republican Christian congress women glorifying minors and guns is questionable behavior I don't know what to tell you.
I had 2 guns in my closet since I was maybe 7 years old. guns are a very normal thing to have in actual America. I would say guns to middle America is similar to the access you have to tampons as a young male over there. You see, outside of the democrat city killing fields where 50% of the murders are committed by 3% of a very specific population, guns are used for hunting and general protection. Almost every boy grew up playing army and even had gun safety in school. We had hunters education in seventh grade club time.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-08-2021, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
I had 2 guns in my closet since I was maybe 7 years old. guns are a very normal thing to have in actual America. I would say guns to middle America is similar to the access you have to tampons as a young male over there. You see, outside of the democrat city killing fields where 50% of the murders are committed by 3% of a very specific population, guns are used for hunting and general protection. Almost every boy grew up playing army and even had gun safety in school. We had hunters education in seventh grade club time.
I have zero problem with any of that, surely you can see the difference between that and an elected representative and her children posing in front of a Christmas tree with AR-15's?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-08-2021, 12:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
But no, I don't think it is a great look. They really need to get rid of the Packers shirt in the picture and the one kid (of course in the Packers shirt) is not presenting his trigger finger as obvious as outside the trigger guard like the others. That is a classic sign of a Packer fan. Just a little bit off with normal people.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-08-2021, 12:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
I have zero problem with any of that, surely you can see the difference between that and an elected representative and her children posing in front of a Christmas tree with AR-15's?
And what is different between AR15 and other guns? No. We did not go around staging photo's with rifles or hand guns as a mater of day to day life, however she obviously trying to make a political point. I think she should leave her kids out of it though. She should use better judgement than to make her kids part of a campaign. Other than that, the AR15 is just a 22 rifle with extra powder. Very easy to shoot. Good for hogs and other small game. The cartridge was developed in the 1950's as a small game round then adapted by the military to go to a smaller caliber instead of the 30 caliber rounds.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-08-2021, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
And what is different between AR15 and other guns? No. We did not go around staging photo's with rifles or hand guns as a mater of day to day life, however she obviously trying to make a political point. I think she should leave her kids out of it though. She should use better judgement than to make her kids part of a campaign. Other than that, the AR15 is just a 22 rifle with extra powder. Very easy to shoot. Good for hogs and other small game. The cartridge was developed in the 1950's as a small game round then adapted by the military to go to a smaller caliber instead of the 30 caliber rounds.
I don't have a problem with AR15's in general, more the gun culture where you think you are cool if you are carrying a gun that looks like military issue.

We pretty much on the same page for the other stuff
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-08-2021, 2:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
I don't have a problem with AR15's in general, more the gun culture where you think you are cool if you are carrying a gun that looks like military issue.

We pretty much on the same page for the other stuff
it could be a cool factor. Just like people did not want to buy the ugly packaged electric cars but now that you have an electric car that is patterned off of a Mazzarati, it is now an in thing. No difference in function. Of course the same can be said for all the anti gun idiots that want to ban a rifle because it looks like a weapon of war and is colored black. From a practical standpoint, you can use the same lower assembly of an AR series and use it on a multitude up upper assemblies and have several versions of rifle for different types of shooting and maintain your same trigger setup. it is easier to change sites as well. It has an easy well understood safety control as well. It is a fantastic platform.
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-08-2021, 3:57 PM Reply   
Not a Packer fan but a Raider fan according to the other kid... Must have a commitment to excellence.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-09-2021, 8:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ive had guns since i was a kid too. Never found their way into any of our Christmas pics. She has some loose screws up there. Your stamp of approval makes you part of the problem pal. These nuts will F up the 2nd amendment for all of us.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-09-2021, 9:03 AM Reply   
What is she teaching those kids? doesnt she know the Trump/GOP is anti NFL with all the BLM posers and such? Arnt they removing her from her committee assignments today, like Margarine Trailer Trash Green and Paul Gosar? Why are they even on the Govt payroll if they have no job and their districts have no representation? Excellent GOP policy.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-09-2021, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
What is she teaching those kids? doesnt she know the Trump/GOP is anti NFL with all the BLM posers and such? Arnt they removing her from her committee assignments today, like Margarine Trailer Trash Green and Paul Gosar? Why are they even on the Govt payroll if they have no job and their districts have no representation? Excellent GOP policy.
Packer fans are not very smart. What do you think she is teaching the kids. Looks to me like they got some new cool toys for Christmas.

They can remove her from the committees if they want. Next year the all will be back in the committees and a bunch of radical democrats will get the boot. Works both ways. Quit using radical government agendas to suppress people, then you will not have people electing over the top people to fight back.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-09-2021, 9:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ive had guns since i was a kid too. Never found their way into any of our Christmas pics. She has some loose screws up there. Your stamp of approval makes you part of the problem pal. These nuts will F up the 2nd amendment for all of us.
Who said it was my stamp of approval. I don't think it is good optics either. You guys just prove you are part of the problem though. Always worried about what someone does with their families. You are part of the twitter idiots that believe they are self important and big businesses believe that these idiots equate to sales. How about this. Ignore her and she will not have any power over you. Her kids having rifles just like the rest of us is not an issue. Oh NOSE..... there is a picture of it now. Big Fing DEAL man. Maybe that picture was meant as a push back against a specific critic and now the whole world believes they are not part of an A/B conversation. YOU are the problem.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-09-2021, 9:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldt9 View Post
Not a Packer fan but a Raider fan according to the other kid... Must have a commitment to excellence.
Raider fan has proper trigger discipline for sure. Not like the usual Raider fan but maybe the move to Vegas is improving the lot.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-13-2021, 8:50 PM Reply   
Here is some hypocrisy for you:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...adows.amp.html
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-14-2021, 8:23 AM Reply   
Funny How quickly Ralf side tracked this thread. I posted a link to a video, that I would lees to a discussion about “That Topic” instead of discussing that topic Ralph post a link to a video, in a attempt to (Re-Direct) looks like almost everyone took the bait & chased him down the Re Direct rabbit hole. How about this. Next time someone try’s re directing Don’t take the bait. How about this have them start a new thread about their “Re Directed topic” so it can be discussed.

Example: this is how our politicians work. They don’t like the topic! What do they do. They Chang the conversation
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-14-2021, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Funny How quickly Ralf side tracked this thread. I posted a link to a video, that I would lees to a discussion about “That Topic” instead of discussing that topic Ralph post a link to a video, in a attempt to (Re-Direct) looks like almost everyone took the bait & chased him down the Re Direct rabbit hole. How about this. Next time someone try’s re directing Don’t take the bait. How about this have them start a new thread about their “Re Directed topic” so it can be discussed.

Example: this is how our politicians work. They don’t like the topic! What do they do. They Chang the conversation
True. Ralph is trolling hard.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-14-2021, 9:35 AM Reply   
Is Ralph a TROLL? I don’t think so. I think he is doing what most Lefty’s do, they know they are wrong & instead of admitting what they are doing is wrong or their Policy’s are Failed and we to re look at them, they Double down on stupid by Attacking & changing the conversation. The left Brags about transparency and Speaking truth to power if that’s still true then why do they always try and change the subject
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-14-2021, 10:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Is Ralph a TROLL? I don’t think so. I think he is doing what most Lefty’s do, they know they are wrong & instead of admitting what they are doing is wrong or their Policy’s are Failed and we to re look at them, they Double down on stupid by Attacking & changing the conversation. The left Brags about transparency and Speaking truth to power if that’s still true then why do they always try and change the subject
Maybe, however I am beginning to think he is Troll status. Simply throwing random stuff against the wall to see if it sticks. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt as wanting to have real conversation but sliding on over to trollville
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-14-2021, 6:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm a little bit trolly, just having fun. I find this pretty entertaining. The point of the redirect was just to highlight that being a hypocrite is not unique to the left, there is plenty of it in the right too. Don't get me wrong I think democrats are corrupt shills for their corporate masters, there is no doubt about that.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-14-2021, 6:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
I think he is doing what most Lefty’s do, they know they are wrong & instead of admitting what they are doing is wrong or their Policy’s are Failed and we to re look at them, they Double down on stupid by Attacking & changing the conversation.
Ironically I'm considered right wing in my country, I vote for "national" which is the equivalent of the Republicans, it's just they are way left of the Republicans, even they agree that an investment in Healthcare, education and a social safety net is required for a functioning society.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-15-2021, 10:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ironically I'm considered right wing in my country, I vote for "national" which is the equivalent of the Republicans, it's just they are way left of the Republicans, even they agree that an investment in Healthcare, education and a social safety net is required for a functioning society.
That is because you read and listen to ultra left news from the US. We have the largest economy known to the history of the world. We have the ability to fund things differently than you. It is not that Republicans are not into funding these things, we just know once the federal government gets a hold of them at the federal level, they get infested with political ideology and never can come off the books. We also have states that fund these things too.

What makes you think we do not fund education, medical and social safety nets? What you are missing is large section of our society not willing to participate in the community. They are not interested in education. They are interested in pleasure.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-15-2021, 11:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
That is because you read and listen to ultra left news from the US. We have the largest economy known to the history of the world. We have the ability to fund things differently than you. It is not that Republicans are not into funding these things, we just know once the federal government gets a hold of them at the federal level, they get infested with political ideology and never can come off the books. We also have states that fund these things too.

What makes you think we do not fund education, medical and social safety nets? What you are missing is large section of our society not willing to participate in the community. They are not interested in education. They are interested in pleasure.
Oh sure, people going bankrupt paying for cancer treatment and paying $300 a vial for insulin sounds amazin. If only people so interested in pleasure.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-15-2021, 11:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Oh sure, people going bankrupt paying for cancer treatment and paying $300 a vial for insulin sounds amazin. If only people so interested in pleasure.
Bankruptcy is a legal transaction. There are many types. It does not mean your life is over. It means you need to document why you could not pay and if you are legit, you don't pay or you pay a small percentage. This is also in regards to private medical insurance. If you go to county you pay on a ability to pay structure. You people don't want county which is the government version of all this that is in place and paid for already by our taxes. They don't like it because it is not a convenient as private insurance providers and may not have all the latest toys for care that the private insurance providers offer. Sure beats things like your taxes that would go up for paying for every ones private medial insurance. It is much harder to get out of paying your taxes. They simply put you on payments with compound interests and take your property.

If people are paying $300 a vial for insulin, then they need to get on medicare or start paying for private insurance. Also, $300 a vial sounds to me like a government regulation issue to me. No competition for the medicine. That is typically due to the government getting involved.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-15-2021, 11:56 AM Reply   
62% of all bankrupcies are because of medical debt. Doesn't sound like a well functioning system in the richest country in the world to me.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-15-2021, 12:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
62% of all bankrupcies are because of medical debt. Doesn't sound like a well functioning system in the richest country in the world to me.
and so. That means they can discharge it. Sounds like the system is working to me. It means you get to keep your home, your car, and everything else. It is private medial insurance. They wanted high quality care from a private company and then could not afford it. I am not saying it is all perfect, however it is an avenue. Like I said, good luck getting out from the tax man to pay for it. That is what the obama care did. It made poor people pay through tax debt for private insurance that they really could not use day to day. Then it made the prices jump another 25% to boot for insurance. I am sure that works. Hate to break it to you but even in Germany, they still have to buy private insurance because their system still does not work for well enough. Also, the part that of healtcare that is government funded is half of all medial payments yet only has 1/4 of the people. We pay a lot for government healthcare. Don't let talking points tell you that lie. Matter of fact we pay a percentage for 40 years of work life before most can even access it and it still is on the verge of going under.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-15-2021, 12:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Also they more than likely received top flight care as compared to the rest of the world.