Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-31-2017, 12:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlzelenik View Post
I wish the dealer support for Centurion was better here in the Southeast. Would definitely love to have a Ri257.

For now I'll just have to stick with my gold standard SE. Its rough water ride is akin to floating through the clouds of heaven

Agree—I would take a good look too if I had a dealer. They’re pretty sexy!
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-31-2017, 12:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
If this boat is the gold standard, then does that mean that it will/is out selling the G25, X26, and LSV25?

As pointed out by other WW members, the deep V hull found on Centurion doesn't make them ride better than the holy grail Supra lineup

Asking for a friend....

Your posts are hard to follow. Never said they ride better, never offered Supra as a holy grail. Simply said: they ride nicely. They’re dry, I like how it does. But hey, I like your spirit, even if you aren’t quite spot on!
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       11-02-2017, 6:55 AM Reply   
This thread is funny. I go on big Powell trips where most of the best boats are represented. If ridden and driven most of them. First off the Supra SA/SE series is phenomenal and are great surf and wake boats. Nautique G23 is a better surf boat than the G25 but the G25 isn't a slouch and is preferable in a place like Lake Powell where the water can get extremely rough in a hurry. With that said the G's aren't great rough water boats. The 'Bu's rank slightly lower than the boats listed above but they are still worthy and I wouldn't kick them out of bed for eating crackers.

With all that said the Ri257 is the king of surf boats and right now is the gold standard. It does have the best rough water ride and the surf wakes are unsurpassed. The truth is nothing quite comes close to the size, length, push, and adjust-ability. The only knock I have is there are so many wave tuning options that it can get a little overwhelming. However, once you figure it out it's easy to dial and you can save the presets.

Using sales numbers to gauge a boat's performance is stupid. Those numbers are affected by the number and locations of dealerships and production capacity. Pavati has one of the coolest wake boats on the planet but they will come close to selling as many boats as Mastercraft or Malibu.