Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

View Poll Results: Cable vs Boat (if within 2hrs)
I ride only ride cable now 2 5.41%
I ride cable more than boat 9 24.32%
I ride boat more than cable 12 32.43%
I go to the cable 1-3 times a year 3 8.11%
I tried cable and it's not for me. Only boat 1 2.70%
There is a cable within 2 hours of me, but haven't gone yet. 3 8.11%
There is no cable within 2 hours of me. 6 16.22%
I started out riding cable. 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-27-2015, 9:19 AM Reply   
Living in Norcal I have been able to ride year round for years and it was always behind boats. But now after 2 years of having cable parks here, I am prefering cable riding. I often turn down boat rides to ride at one of the cables. There is something about the vibes, the features, and the environment that are just more enjoyable. Of course riding behind a boat is still fun, but I've definitely been over it lately.

For those of you with cable parks within 2 hours of you, have your riding habits changed?

Last edited by wakemitch; 01-27-2015 at 9:24 AM.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-27-2015, 9:36 AM Reply   
Have 2 awesome cable parks within vicinity. Love riding at them both. In terms of actual riding enjoyment, I'm split. I like riding boat/cable equally. However, my time on the boat is all about spending time with the wife and friends and "de-compressing" from the stresses of life. So, I spend more time on the boat and riding boat, than I do cable.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-27-2015, 7:25 PM Reply   
If I bring my surfboard to the cable park and ride my surfboard around the cable park, would that be considered surfing?
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       01-27-2015, 9:43 PM Reply   
I ride more boat than cable but prefer cable to boat. Hard when I'm not really in an area with a whole lot of cable. Closest is 3+ hours and only a 2.0
Old     (hrwboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-28-2015, 6:05 AM Reply   
Switched to cable and never really think about riding behind the boat anymore although I get talked into it occasionally. I live about 30 minutes from Hexagon and ride there almost everyday.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-28-2015, 6:34 AM Reply   
If you consider yourself a boat rider or a cable rider you are a dinosaur. The future great riders will dominate both. They are too similar to act like there is any difference. Two words: Raph Derome.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-28-2015, 7:29 AM Reply   
I started the cable in 99 because one just opened and my boat doesn't make a satisfying wake no matter how much weight. But I'm always trying to bum a ride if it's a decent boat. I could see myself going either way on preference if I had a nice V drive.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-29-2015, 7:23 AM Reply   
Boats better but cable is more convenient at times where time is an issue.. im old school boat for sure and the cable cant replace the vibe on a boat but it has its place.. I have so many cable choices within 2 hrs or less its hard to not ride..
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-29-2015, 8:53 AM Reply   
The skatepark like atmosphere of the cable is really fun. Everyone is so nice and always motivating and pushing each other. I can go by myself to get a quick ride in after work, and I will always run into guys I know.
Old     (GoneBoatN)      Join Date: Jun 2014       01-30-2015, 2:40 PM Reply   
I live for both. I own a boat, enjoy going out with my friends and cable park is a bit farther away so I ride boat more just because of those reasons. If it was closer and I could get my friends to go, I would most likely be 50/50.

Last edited by GoneBoatN; 01-30-2015 at 2:40 PM. Reason: grammer
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       01-31-2015, 10:05 PM Reply   
I love both but cable is a win for me for sheer ease of use and access ATM. Now I have kids it is so much harder to get the boat out/crew organised vs me popping to the park after work for an hour.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-04-2015, 5:40 AM Reply   
I've never owned a boat, so my time riding was always limited, I focused on not crashing rather than learning new tricks (so in that manner my boat experience is quite different from most people here I would guess).
Since the System 2.0 opened, my riding has improved massively (albeit from a very low base ;p ), I really enjoy it.
I still enjoy boat, but I ride cable much more often.