Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rscott22)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-26-2011, 8:42 AM Reply   
Hey Guys,

I am about order a RONIX setup consisting of 2010 size 11 one boots and Viva with slider base 140. I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on this board and binding setup and how well it has held up for you and how good or bad the quality is.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-26-2011, 8:46 AM Reply   
My buddy broke 2 vivas last year..... Ronix makes a great Product that is light, But when its so light it dose not have much strengths....
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-26-2011, 8:53 AM Reply   
I have never used the One Bindings but I broke my Reliks last year... It was about a month after my one year warranty was up. Luckily for me Ronix still helped me out by sending me some 2011 Reliks free of charge. Hopefully I won't have she same problem.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-26-2011, 9:06 AM Reply   
Ryan,

I've been on Ronix product since 2008 and have been very happy with their durability. I currently ride a Viva and it has lasted the last two seasons now. I have broken a board about every year and a half for the last few years, and my Viva is still holding strong. It's a very light setup, but for the weight it's held up extremely well. They did a great job with the construction of that board. The bindings are built very well, very light and comfortable. Like any product out there though, things happen sometimes. In the race to make things lighter, all the companies have looked for ways to make their product lighter, which sometimes can come at the expense of extra panels, glue, etc. Ronix bindings are super light, but built very well. Should something happen though, hang onto your receipt and everything just in case. Ryan and his service department at SquareOne (Ronix and Radar's) parent company is extremely helpful should anything happen. Ronix really want to do everything they can to deliver a quality product and make sure they take care of the riders who support them. I'm a Ronix fan for life and can't wait for the ice to push off so I can stomp into my Cells and take my Viva for another rip!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-26-2011, 9:35 AM Reply   
I have the first generation Ronix 1 board and bindings. The board has held-up nicely (not that I'm a punishing rider), but the boots gave me issues pretty-much from day one. The pieces on the end of the laces would come off. One time I fell during a competition and came-out of my boots. When putting them back on the binding hardware came-off in my hand! I had to finish my comp run with a loose binding and the loose pieces in my teeth! Also, the base plates warped really badly. And after a couple of seasons the cloth linings ripped. I still use them, but they're pretty banged-up. But as I said, these are first generation bindings and Ronix may have ironed-out all of these issues by now.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       01-26-2011, 9:50 AM Reply   
There is a guy in our riding crew who goes huge and even at 85ft lands way out in the flats. In the course of 2 weekends he broke his vault, my ibex, and his viva that he replaced the vault with. We all still ride Ronix and are stoked to try out some of the 2011 gear since we were told they changed the construction process. Every board he broke, broke when he landed way out in the flats. I think in their quest to make the lightest gear they sacrificed durability but have addressed this issue with the 2011 line. I guess only time will tell.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-26-2011, 10:18 AM Reply   
2010 had some issues. The insert packs were not bonded to the core with resin to save weight, but when the board flexed it would create a recess inside the board and this is where the breakage would come from. Ronix uses the best foam in their cores, it by itself is nearly indestructible, but the construction process they used wasn't ideal. 2011 Ronix lineup has addressed this issue, I've been riding my phoenix since it came out aggressively on rails and kickers with absolutely no issues. Last year, I broke 2 sintered ones in 4 sets, so I'm really impressed with how well the 2011 stuff holds up.
Old     (rscott22)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-26-2011, 10:23 AM Reply   
Hey guys thanks for all the info! I am a very abussive to my snowbaord (jibbing, big jumps and landing straight on the tail etc.) so I just wanted to make sure that the Viva board will be able to with stand the abuse I give it. I shouldnt be hitting to many sliders or landing in the flats if i can help it so hopefully it holds and if not seems like RONIX really backs up it's products with a great warranty. Thanks for all the info so far guys keep it coming!
Old     (rscott22)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-26-2011, 10:36 AM Reply   
hey guys went ahead and bought thr RONIX setup I listed before. I got everything board & bindings new with warranty for 500 bucks! seems like a steal for me considering new it comes to around 900!!!!!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-26-2011, 11:25 AM Reply   
I bought a 2007 Ronix Coven and 2007 Cell bindings in 2007. The board is still going strong, it has kind of been demoted to a beginner though, but I do ride it from time to time. Also, a 2007 One, bought in 2007, but in good shape. The bindings are in almost brand new condition, but I retired them in 2007 due to a broken ankle. I bought some 2009 Cells with my Vibe last year and have been very happy, zero issues with the bindings. My personal experience is that I am very satisfied with the quality of Ronix products, and would definitely buy again.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-26-2011, 7:07 PM Reply   
I had a pair of 2010 One bindings and loved them. The liner was a little iffy, but Ronix took care of it no problem. Currently riding a set of 2011 Relik's and couldn't be happier. I used to ride a Covin, but I didn't like the detachable fins for the cable (broke way too many of them).
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-26-2011, 7:45 PM Reply   
I broke two 2010 ronix ones ON BOAT. I broke them both in about a month, I got a warranty replacement for the first one but, i didnt even get a reply to my email about the second one. Pretty bummed. Currently boardless...
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-27-2011, 12:27 AM Reply   
I have a pair of first generation ronix cells, so they have done 3 full season on them and while they are pretty beat up, they are still my main set going into this season, I'll ride them until they can not ride any longer. I wouldn't ride as hard as most of the people here and would not get as much time on the water as I would like but my next bidings will be Ronix again.
From what I've seen the bindings hold up better than most brands
Old     (rscott22)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-27-2011, 5:27 AM Reply   
Im seeing alot of good and bad about RONIX stuff here is there anything better out there (boot wise) that will hold up better?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-27-2011, 6:35 AM Reply   
Ryan, if you're riding hard you'll run into little things with just about every boot on the market. Ronix will hold up just as well or better than the others and you've got a great customer service department covering your butt. I highly recommend Ronix's boots, not to mention they're super light and comfy. Like your favorite pair of sneakers... that go up to your shin haha
Old    Ron1xNautique            01-27-2011, 12:08 PM Reply   
I've been riding my setup for just over a year(boat), the board still looks great no problems but the lacing on the Ones are very thin. My buddy broke the upper lace during a bad wipeout and lost the hand grip to the river. Grizzly Watersports was quick to send out replacement laces but didn't have the handle. My advice is: If you take good care of your stuff it will hold up well but sharing your setup with friends takes it toll very quickly. Overall I'm very happy with Ronix, I demoed a 2011 One/Ones from Perf in Orlando while on vacation at OWC and it was really nice. Just thought I'd mention my experience w/ Performance was great.
Old     (rscott22)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-28-2011, 4:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1xNautique View Post
I've been riding my setup for just over a year(boat), the board still looks great no problems but the lacing on the Ones are very thin. My buddy broke the upper lace during a bad wipeout and lost the hand grip to the river. Grizzly Watersports was quick to send out replacement laces but didn't have the handle. My advice is: If you take good care of your stuff it will hold up well but sharing your setup with friends takes it toll very quickly. Overall I'm very happy with Ronix, I demoed a 2011 One/Ones from Perf in Orlando while on vacation at OWC and it was really nice. Just thought I'd mention my experience w/ Performance was great.
Actually I bought my stuff from Grizzly Watersports in Washington and they are great to work with! I hope I never have any problems with my stuff but, if I do I think Tony @ Grizzly will take care of me. Thanks for all the info guys!
Old     (railrider)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-11-2011, 4:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakesetter_WW View Post
I have never used the One Bindings but I broke my Reliks last year... It was about a month after my one year warranty was up. Luckily for me Ronix still helped me out by sending me some 2011 Reliks free of charge. Hopefully I won't have she same problem.
what size are your broken reliks bro? i have a broken relik too, size 11.. the right bindings is still good.. the left was torn apart..
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-11-2011, 7:53 AM Reply   
+1 for Grizzly, I've done some business with them and they're great. Also +1 for Ronix, my 08 Ibex and 09 Reliks still both look almost brand new. I dont go into the flats with them at all, and I am guilty of babying them (someone tell me I'm not the only person to wax their board), but I've been reallly happy with how they've held up.
Old     (canadian_waterboy)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-11-2011, 9:53 AM Reply   
I've been on Ronix since 2008. I've broken a board and a pair of bindings every singe year since then. The great thing is, the gear is under warranty. I forked out in 2008 to buy all the stuff new, but since then i've got new boards and bindings every year because they keep breaking, and i keep getting them warrantied. so to answer your question. NO ronix is not durable.... but in my opinion that doesn't matter because they have an awesome warranty program!
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-11-2011, 10:49 AM Reply   
first off I LOVE Ronix but..........just like others i have had to replace several bindings because they do not last. I love them they are the most comfortable bindings out but because of that and how light they are there are many issues with durability. i am a big fan of how they have backed their products and have always been good if something warranted replacement but im getting to the point that i would rather have something a little heavier that would last more than 8 months.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-11-2011, 1:07 PM Reply   
DON'T get a 2010 board from ronix. Get an 09 or an 11. The 2010 boards have a different core than previous years. I broke two "ones" within a month, and I know of other people having the same experience with the 2010 models. I heard that they switched up the core in 2011 because of all the problems.

Boots are great though.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-11-2011, 10:31 PM Reply   
09 Ones still going strong for me. Most comfortable binding I've ever rode. Never heat molded them either, just right out of the box.
Old     (dan_lorenze)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-12-2011, 7:25 AM Reply   
At the time I purchased my 2011 Vault the owner of the store where i bought my board told me that the new boards were more durable then previous years...
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-12-2011, 7:32 AM Reply   
this is my finger way underneath my bindings on a 2010 marek nova tightened down as tight as possible. when i put these on my 2011 vibe for the cable i can rock back and forth with about half an inch play on my toes and heels.
Attached Images

Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       04-12-2011, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog_ra View Post
this is my finger way underneath my bindings on a 2010 marek nova tightened down as tight as possible. when i put these on my 2011 vibe for the cable i can rock back and forth with about half an inch play on my toes and heels.
I have seen alot of people with this same problem! I believe they warrantied a few, Ronix is AWESOME with warranties so I would try to warranty them if I were you because I know the baseplates warping and separating from the board was a huge problem.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-12-2011, 12:51 PM Reply   
Yes they are very good about warranty and as of today these have officially been RA'd. again i love Ronix and they stand behind their product but they def need to make their products a little more durable.
Old     (hyperliterider90)      Join Date: May 2010       04-12-2011, 2:45 PM Reply   
What about the 2010 Bill?
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-13-2011, 7:40 AM Reply   
ALL the 2010 boards are weak. I get another year if possible.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-13-2011, 3:23 PM Reply   
I own 08 ones and cells, still good as new and I use the hell out of them.
Old     (railrider)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-13-2011, 10:27 PM Reply   

my nine month ronix relik bindings.. the plastic where the cordura cloth like material is attached got separated the plastic is broken and unrepairable, as you can see in the picture its torn apart....

does any one here have this kind of experience? and by the way im looking for a size 11 2010 ronix relik,cell or one (left binding only).... so i could pair it up again with my relik binding.. =)
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-14-2011, 11:00 AM Reply   
I had a similar problem with the One's as stated above, now I am using Reliks and they work great. I am riding an 09' IBEX with no problems and bouht the wife women's bindings (forget which model) and no problems.