Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-15-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
What are some video sections that you consider underrated? Everyone talks about sections like Parks in 12 Honkeys, Randall Harris in NBT or Transgression, or Harf in Drive.

My nominee is Keith Lidberg in Transgression. CRAZY rail riding (hits broken rails, chest high ollies, gaps the whole transgression A-frame) and brilliant editing/cinematography.
Old     (fbmuline)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-15-2010, 12:49 PM Reply   
Couldnt agree with you more on Lidberg's part in Transgression. Killed the rail until it was down for the count....
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-15-2010, 3:23 PM Reply   
Gabe Lucas' part (split with T. Hansen) in Drive. Chad Sharpe in Pre-Pop. (At the time when the video was first released) Rathy's part in Push Process.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-15-2010, 4:38 PM Reply   
Benny G in The Butter Effect
Old    cougar4            10-15-2010, 4:49 PM Reply   
Jeff House's section in Hi-Light was pretty sick.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-15-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
+1 for Jeff House in Hi-Light.

Rusty in Butter Effect.
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-16-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
So many...
Keith lyman, Rusty m, Shawn Watson, Bullards Bay in the Butter Effect
Rusty and Jimmy's house in Rewritten
Shane Bonifay in Relentless and Box of Fun
Erik Ruck in Incomplete
Benny G in Innuendo
Randall Harris in Drive
Collin Wright in 12 Honkeys
Danny Harf in Counterfeit This
Aaron Rathy in Push Process
Collin Harrington in Relentless and the Truth
Kevin Henshaw and Steve Mckinnley's shared part in Relentless
Shawn Watson and Shane Bonifays shared part in the Truth

If I had to pick one I think I would pick Shane Bonifay in Relentless
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-16-2010, 6:16 PM Reply   
gator, nelson and murray in mayday
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-16-2010, 10:00 PM Reply   
forgot about those, murray's part is crazy
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-27-2010, 1:16 PM Reply   
The "crash section" from The Chick Flick..
Old     (TelepromptedAnthems)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-27-2010, 2:01 PM Reply   
Every Thomas Horrell wakeboarding part ever made, but especially his parts from Mayday, For What It's Worth, and Decline of the Waterski Monopoly.

Also, pretty much every Greg Nelson part ever made.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-27-2010, 6:52 PM Reply   
Parks in Switch 22
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-28-2010, 5:15 PM Reply   
crash section in chick flick for sure!! not joking i saw only that section of the video at a shop one time and it made me want to buy it. some of the hardest falls ive seen by far
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-28-2010, 8:19 PM Reply   
Tino Santori in metronome, something about that section is just so so rad. also Watson in the faction.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-28-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
Necrason in Boombox .... great edit, music, and shots.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-28-2010, 8:32 PM Reply   
Love that section with from Skurf's UP with Thomas and Gator in Costa Rica. Man, and the opener from that vid also was SICK with Nelson and Byerly on Lake Tahoe all full-suited up (note: NO trunks over wetsuit from the two most stylish guys in the sport). That's some quality stuff from them four dudes right there.

Hey, Teleprompted, did you ever find that VHS copy of Skurf's Up that you were looking for? I'm not necessarily sayin, but imagine I dug around and found a pretty clean copy. IF that were to have happened, maybe we could work out something mutually beneficial...

Leslie Kent's first section from Beyond 3 also was probably one of the great underrated vid sections. No girl to date had ridden with anywhere near that kind of style, and most people had not even heard of her when that came out. Then later filming for same vid, she was first girl to stick the 5.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-28-2010, 8:34 PM Reply   
Yeah, and good call Necrason from Boombox, that was a great one.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-28-2010, 8:37 PM Reply   
And, YES, another vote for crash section from Chick Flick. I remember seeing that at the screening, and people were almost falling over, cringing in pain just watching it.

This is a good thread.
Old     (TelepromptedAnthems)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-29-2010, 8:49 AM Reply   
Hey dococ, I literally just bought a copy of Skurfs Up on ebay. Thanks though...

And I'll co-sign on the awesomeness of that Byerly/Nelson part. I wanted that black and blue Flight 69 so bad when that movie came out.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-29-2010, 9:02 AM Reply   
Lyman's part in Push Process. Wake jump to rail. I couldn't believe it.