Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-27-2003, 1:22 PM Reply   
I'm heading up to shasta for a week on friday and was curious about the water/air temp and overall riding conditions. How high is the water... is there any beach exposed to play horseshoes??
Old     (mibu)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-27-2003, 9:00 PM Reply   
From what I hear the lake is fuuuul!The water temp in the paper is about 49.The temp outside should be in the mid 90s I'm going up on sat for one week,got a cabin.I'm going to bring along my drysuit just in case..
Old    snowdog            05-27-2003, 9:46 PM Reply   
Just got back lastnight, spent the last 2 weekends in Shasta, 8 days total, and I gotta say, its GREAT. The lake is really full, very close to maximum capacity, which has pulled out a bit of junk from the shore, but very managable for this time of year!

We posted some pics from last weekend ( http://gowakin.com/wake/ ) and will have some fresh pics up on monday, TONS of pics from Shasta Memorial Day (houseboat madness) and about 100 from East Park Memorial Day.

The weekend Temps topped out at 97 and had a low of about 60 (with about 10 minutes of nighttime drizzle Sunday night). The water is a bit cold if the sun is down, but really nice when the sun is shining. Its the first warm water that I have had this year!

SHASTA IS AWESOME!
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-27-2003, 10:57 PM Reply   
We have gotten screwed by wind on ever trip we've made this year... was the wind blowing??? Looks like the air temp is going to stay up for the week!
Old    sickboy            05-28-2003, 8:36 AM Reply   
Hey John, where are you staying at? I'll be up there for the day on Saturday.

mb
Old    snowdog            05-28-2003, 12:07 PM Reply   
Wind was blowing, but we kicked it in some deep coves, got nice water every set! Lake is sooo big, just gotta know where to hide!

WIND MPH
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/getAll?sens_num=9&get_basin=&sort=
}
Old    gotglass            05-28-2003, 4:52 PM Reply   
water went from very cold last sunday to very nice this last monday. I would say in one week the water temp went up 10 degrees. Sac arm is pretty busy it seems. Monday I hit Hirz bay on the McCloud side and got killer water. Not as much pressure and some good coves to ride in. I live near the lake so I am there about 4 times a week. I wil be there this wekend I am sure. I f ya have any questions let me know. have a good trip to the lake.
Old     (mibu)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-28-2003, 7:48 PM Reply   
Mark, I'm staying in the lakeHead area. I'm arriving there on Sat.So it will probably be in the early afternoon,can't come soon enough...I have thw whole week and plan to ride every chanch I get!!!!! Hey what kind of boat do you have?
John MIBU
Old    sickboy            05-29-2003, 8:56 AM Reply   
John, I've got a Mastercraft Maristar with a polished tower, and a black primary stripe. I'm not sure where we're dropping in at, I'm visiting my dad in Red Bluff and taking him out for the day on Saturday. If you spot me, call out, we'll grab a beer or something. And I'll keep an eye out for that bright yellow 'bu you got, shouldn't be too hard to miss!!

mb

mb
Old     (scottay)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-30-2003, 9:16 AM Reply   
Hey, we will be on the Pitt arm all week also. Yellow 'Bu, Blu Sanger, Blu X-star. Look for us if you wanna hang out. scott