Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-10-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
Has anyone used this type of tower before? I'm looking to upgrade from my pylon and found a decent deal. Is it sturdy enough? Does anyone know if a standard bimini top (36" high) work underneath it? The seller says "probably" which leaves me less than convinced.

Upload
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-10-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
I have no personal experience with it but I've seen a couple boats on the water with the same tower so it apparently works
Old     (agf80)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-10-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
A buddy of mine has a tower very similar if not the same and it seems very solid. Can't help you with the bimini though.
Old     (izzy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-10-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
I used Big Air. the tower was $799 and my stock Biminy fits just fine. I love it!
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       03-10-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
I helped a friend install one and it is plenty sturdy. Your current standard bimini will almost certainly fit "under" this tower, but width is going to be the limiting factor. These towers can be adjusted with the top bar, so you have some mounting options, and it doesn't arch inward aggressively, so it might be OK.

Post a pic of your bimini setup and I think you could get more input.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-10-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
The bimini top is really a secondary concern. At worst case, I can make it work. I'll have to side mount anyways because the plates are too big to top mount. I was just wondering if anyone already had a bimini-under-tower setup using this tower so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. If I pull the trigger here, I do promise some install pics.
Old     (wakedv)      Join Date: May 2007       03-10-2008, 2:26 PM Reply   
Is it just me or does that tower look to be installed backwards?
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-11-2008, 9:16 AM Reply   
RJ, I was thinking the same thing?
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-11-2008, 9:22 AM Reply   
it's just like the "monkey bar" minus the strap to the bow
Old     (slowjet)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-11-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
I'm with RJ, I think it would look better and be more solid turned around. JMO
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-12-2008, 6:05 AM Reply   
Most factory towers do not work with factory biminis, most have to get integrated tower bimini's. However, universals do give you some flexibility with specifically installing the tower in a location where you can make it work. If you go to Monstertower.com and look at customer boats, you'll see Monster's with factory bimini's on them.

Cody Farmer
XTP