Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (delta_glass)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-02-2006, 2:01 PM Reply   
I was blessed being a member of a boating family while growing up. I started wakeboarding when I was 13 behind our 19' Jet boat. In highschool my dad upgraded to a Sanger V210 and good times were had by all.
I am now 21 in my 4th year of college. Since I have been away at college I have only ridden a handful of times which is a big departure from riding roughly everyother weekend when I was in highschool. Last year I only had one opportunity to ride, later that day we sold our boat to some family friends since we never used it anymore, sad day needless to say.
I had to opportunity to go vacation/riding on the Colorado river this past weekend with some friends, first ride of the year and hopefully not the last! It was epic, I was stoked. I thought I would share some photos.

We woke up every morning at 5:45 and would ride till 8 or so. Some guys slept in the boat, true committment!

Enjoy
Upload
Upload
Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    walt            05-02-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
It looks like you had some talent on the boat.

Nice pics.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-02-2006, 2:33 PM Reply   
I would sleep in the boat to if had that to look at all day.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-02-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
the water doesn't look bad either.
Old     (shortywakeman)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-02-2006, 2:56 PM Reply   
Looks like nice weather, and water. Is that the parker strip?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-02-2006, 3:06 PM Reply   
Evan, you need to hook up with the riders at UCSB. My friend Jared is at SBCC and he rides a fair amount. If you wanna ride there is plenty of opportunity near there. on a side note I miss the river, my dad sold his house out there in September. This will be the first summer with no River trips in over 15 years. Sad times...
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-02-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
That looks like fun!
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-04-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
ahhhh....the river---shotgunning beers at sun-up!! i love it! best times of the year!!!!

where on the river were you?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-04-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
Evan,

Long time no see bro!!!! Hope all is well down south, looks like your guys r still rideN an RageN. Take care....
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-04-2006, 12:58 PM Reply   
Ya that brings back a lot of memories of when I lived in So Cal, we always went to the colorado river and had a blast and great water in the early mornings, that is if we could ever wake up from the night before. GOOD TIMES!!!
Old     (delta_glass)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-04-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
We were on the Parker strip, we rode mainly on the southern part (down river)
Old     (oldmansteck)      Join Date: May 2002       05-04-2006, 3:51 PM Reply   
ahh Parker always something to do, even if you cant ride....Upload
Old     (sbboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-04-2006, 9:47 PM Reply   
Ahhhh the memories. Gotta Love Parker.

Hi Stephen...I'm sad for you about Dad's river house. You will have to make a Bylthe trip with me. Let me know if you ever down here. :-)
Old    lpcrew            05-06-2006, 4:45 PM Reply   
HELL FN YEAH IS THERE STILL A SLIDER OUT THERE HAVNT BEEN THERE IN A YEAR ER SO....
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       05-07-2006, 6:22 PM Reply   
Sweet pic's.
That last pic reminds me of Victorias on the Delta
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-09-2006, 10:36 PM Reply   
Any more pix of the girls? The shotgunning is hella funny, good pix altogether. Parker looks fun, I've never been there, maybe hopefully sometime :-)

Brian- Are you not going out to the Delta anymore? I am planning on going out Sunday and will probably have room. (not sure if you remember, but we met at a competition on the Delta last season, I parked next to J-Rod's boat and we chatted a lil)