Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-15-2006, 8:28 PM Reply   
Ok, so I searched and didn't find anything specific to the 03-04 VLX and 05-06 V-Ride.

I've got it down to where I can get the left (port) side to setup nicely.
* Fill left tank
* Fill center tank
* 450 sack in left ski locker
* 450 sack on floor infront of v-drive
* Wedge down
* 2 people on left side
* if theres a 3rd passenger, they go to the right,
* 4th goes to the left. And so on.
* (note, no weight in the bow)

The problem: Getting the Right (starboard) side to shape up. Same config just inverse. We had driver + 4 people yesterday. 2 people behind the driver, one person sitting next to the driver in the passenger seat. one person in the bow on the right side. Finally with that config, The wake would shape, just wouldn't get very big, barely enough to ride.

Thoughts, suggestions?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-15-2006, 8:42 PM Reply   
we have been out with shannon in her 04 bu and this is a really tricky boat on the starboard...

pretty much the same but wedge up(the wedge gives more drive but less clean), 150 lbs ballast & 80 lbs lead up front and we try to keep all peeps on the starboard side and run slower at 2875 rpm...

with this setup, the wake is good but not as long as port..(check with shannon on the weight... i might be off)

somthing that i noticed is the boat has much more list on the starboard than the port DESPITE weighing it exactly the same..the next time out, we were thinking less list (less weight on starborad) and more pitch forward to lengthen the wake out..

btw, this is pretty normal because of prop rotation (my nautie 211 has a great goofy wake but much shorter regular wake)...

(Message edited by clubmyke on October 15, 2006)
Old     (dgoose)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-26-2006, 11:54 AM Reply   
This is what I do.
Put 700 in locker, 700 on seat all the way forward, 500 in way way and ALL people on surf side sitting on the rails or up front. If you put just one person on the non surf side it will jack up your wake and even if there in the middle. JM2C
Old     (dgoose)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-26-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
This is what I do.
Put 700 in locker, 700 on seat all the way forward, 500 in way way, suft side and center MLS full with the wedge down and ALL people on surf side sitting on the rails or up front. If you put just one person on the non surf side it will jack up your wake and even if there in the middle. JM2C
Old     (dgoose)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-26-2006, 11:57 AM Reply   
link to my pics.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/355562.html?1158035214
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-26-2006, 12:51 PM Reply   
What speed do you surf at?

I've found to the contrary. If I have all the weight on one side it won't shape as nice as if I balance the boat a touch. With the weight config I outlined above while trying to get the 'goofy' wake to shape, I put 2 people behind the driver, one person sitting next to the driver behind the glove box, one person in the bow infront of the driver. And one person sitting on the right rear on the sundeck. Once the sundeck person moved to standing directly over the center tank the wake shaped up. It was crap and wash before that.

When I first started doing this, I'd load up the ski-locker, and throw the sack on that side and have people sit on that side. 2 problems, the wake wouldn't shape that nicely, and two you could only turn the boat one direction.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-26-2006, 12:51 PM Reply   
What speed do you surf at?

I've found to the contrary. If I have all the weight on one side it won't shape as nice as if I balance the boat a touch. With the weight config I outlined above while trying to get the 'goofy' wake to shape, I put 2 people behind the driver, one person sitting next to the driver behind the glove box, one person in the bow infront of the driver. And one person sitting on the right rear on the sundeck. Once the sundeck person moved to standing directly over the center tank the wake shaped up. It was crap and wash before that.

When I first started doing this, I'd load up the ski-locker, and throw the sack on that side and have people sit on that side. 2 problems, the wake wouldn't shape that nicely, and two you could only turn the boat one direction.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-26-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
craig,

does your vlx list more on starboard than port when weighed the same ?
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-27-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
What does "list" mean?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-27-2006, 9:03 AM Reply   
here is a example...

Upload
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-27-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
I'm trying to recall. I believe so.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-27-2006, 2:53 PM Reply   
That's about 20 degrees, what it take to make a good wake on my Mighty Centurion. Watch your step on the swim deck.
Old     (critter)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-01-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
Craig
I have been playing aroung with my wake. This was are set up last weekend. 4 bags of lead in Port locker, 580 fat sack on lead bags in lockers and one bag on hard tank in locker. 350lb fat sac in the nose walkway and 150lb fat sac on seat directly behind the V-drive with stock ballast on port & belly. This weekned my husband who is 6'2" 210lbs rode for ever and was able to get a couple of airs in. Then we had a newbie that has rode behind Clubmyke boat once wiht out the rope and he rode forever and is totally hooked now. I was getting bummed about my surf wake compared to Clubmyke wake and now I found it.

Oh I forget to add the 5 bag of lead, 2 bags at driver feet and the rest stack behind the driver seat, kind of making room for a third person behind the drive.

(Message edited by critter on November 01, 2006)
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-01-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
good to hear !!! less list is what we suspected (its about time :::-))))

so when is the next session ?
Old     (critter)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-01-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
Nov 10th forsure
Old     (critter)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-01-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
Opps I just notice I said Port side. I meant Starboard side.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-02-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
that would be the weekend i am working in az !!!!
Old     (critter)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-02-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
Well now Nov 10th in the air. Aimee & I might go to Mammoth for opening weekend, so might not miss anything at the lake.