Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-23-2019, 7:22 AM Reply   
I still call it perfect pass but i dont believe it is. Anybody have issues with cruise in a axis. Im not sure on differences year to year but ours is a 2016 A20. Its becoming more difficult to get it to catch when wakeboarding and occasionally surfing. It doesnt seem to be effected by weight.

Sometimes you are manually controlling it up and down until it beeps. Other times it locks right off but then comes unlocked and locked again and you hear the beep multiple times. Other times it works great. Not sure if there is maintenance that needs to be done to it or ways to calibrate it.

Let me know your experience or if this is something i need to take in to the dealer. It seems like it rarely happened last year and more frequent this season.
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-23-2019, 8:44 AM Reply   
I haven't had any issues with my 16 t22

I would think warranty would cover it. only issue I have had is the surf gate getting stuck once or twice in the past 3 years.
Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013 Location: Mineral, Va       07-23-2019, 2:31 PM Reply   
I have a ‘16 T22. My cruise acts up every now and then. It only seems to happen when pulling a beginner wakeboarder or surfer. If I pull someone up really slow and ease up to the set speed very easy it doesn’t engage all the time. Not sure if you are having it happen under the same conditions. It seems to be the only time it acts up on mine. I’m guessing it’s just not enough throttle input to engage and then making sure you have the throttle pushed down far enough to let the cruise work. If I drive it manually and keep the throttle input solid enough it usually finally engages. Once engaged I always push the throttle a little further down to make sure it has enough to work.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       08-02-2019, 2:06 AM Reply   
With your “ Perfect pass”, assuming you mean your paddle wheel, which will not perform like GPS based

Two solutions, switch to rpm mode which I do not recommend

For surfing you need to have a long steady slow movement from top all the way to WOT ( wide open throttle ). If you mess around and try to throttle position higher than WOT it can surge too fast when you finally go to WOT or don’t

For riding if you are with wedge and/or rear ballast heavy you feather ( not stupid slow) the throttle speed up getting boat to plane but not quite letting cruise take over by watching speed on gauge to slow it’s approach to the set speed. Your trying to get just up to the set speed and only over shoot it a small amount where it will settle back down without surging or failing to lock in. I usually don’t go to WOT riding but the wife does I think to just does it to get plane and when she attempts to back off she can’t do it quick enough and she usually goes a few mph higher but since she has been coming off WOT or close to it , it will settle back in on the first attempt when we are riding at higher speeds like 20++, Just as long as you have been feathering back in throttle the over shout happens but it locks in on first try

Perfect pass is the marriage saver as it is known and throttle control or paddle wheel comes with limitations and technique you have to master

Took my wife forever to learn to pull me skating slowly like 16 mph with wedge and/or ballast snd not overshoot badly snd then when it settled it surges back and forth

Install PP or learn these techniques , good news if your on a river with current paddle wheel works very well and can be the preferred cruise in this situation.

Last edited by granddaddy53; 08-02-2019 at 2:15 AM.