Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-22-2010, 6:11 PM Reply   
I have an older trailer and use basic straps to tie down the rear of the boat. My friend has factory ratchet straps attached to the rear of the trailer and I thought it was very covenant. I would like to do this to my trailer, but I have heard they don’t last because the ratchets are always being submerged when launching. Any thoughts and suggestions on what straps to use and how to attach them?
Attached Images

Last edited by Shooter; 08-22-2010 at 6:18 PM.
Old     (motorcitymatt)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-22-2010, 6:33 PM Reply   
I have straps like the one's above. It's soooo nice not having to worry about losing them. This is my third season using them, I spray em down with WD-40 about once a month to keep em working. I guess only time will tell????
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-22-2010, 6:51 PM Reply   
I have been using mine for 3 years with no maintenance at all. They are great.
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-22-2010, 7:31 PM Reply   
Boat Buckle makes a stainless steal version.
Old     (99_air_warrior)      Join Date: May 2008       08-22-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
I have been using mine for 6 years and no maintenance. They still work great !
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-22-2010, 8:51 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info on Boatbuckle. A little pricy for the SS, but probably worth the money. Looks like it got great reviews too.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...h-box.jhtml.22
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-22-2010, 11:31 PM Reply   
Just get the cheaper ones unless you are in salt water. They work just fine.
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-23-2010, 7:22 AM Reply   
I've been using the cheaper (non-ss) boat buckles with no problems at all. Most likely, you will just attach them using the holes that you are currently putting the basic straps in.
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-23-2010, 7:30 AM Reply   
I have the non SS version. We are in brackish (read salt) water all the time. Once a year or so I shoot mine with PB Blaster or Corrosion Block and they work great. They would start to stick a little on retraction, then I spray them and they work great after the fact! I highly recommend over the standard tie downs!
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-23-2010, 7:31 AM Reply   
Oh and that's 3 yrs, not seasons, we ride all year long!