Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-14-2010, 1:59 PM Reply   
Looks like I'm going to have to do a transmission job on my 2001 ski supreem... snif..
The clutch is staring to slip and the ATF gets dark way too fast.

I've done a transmission job on a bronco before and feel pretty comfortable doing this myself but I'd love some instructions to follow.

Any advice?

1. remove fluid
2. remove v-drive
3. remove transmission
4. Where do you pick up a clutch kit?
5. replace worn bits
6. put it all back together.

seems simple...
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-16-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
No advice... I was hoping I'd a least get a snide comment or two... snif.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       07-22-2010, 3:50 PM Reply   
plhorn, I don't know anything about transmissions, but what has happened to my friend on his boat turned out not to be his transmission, but his shaft key on his prop. The key way that keeps the prop secured on the shaft had worn down. So when you put the boat in gear and had heavy weight or pulling a tuber or boarder the prop would spin on the shaft and feel like it was the tranny. It would lock back into place on and off causing the jerking feel also like the tranny. I would take your prop off and check the key way and see if it is rounded and no longer square. It is the piece that slides between the prop and the shaft rod. It is a small square rod.

I hope it is that and not your tranny. Hope I was of help.
Brannon
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       07-22-2010, 4:01 PM Reply   
Oh yeah Plhorn, when my buddy looked at his prop it looked like nothing was wrong the nut was tight and it was only when he took it off he could tell the key way was worn down and rounded. He was really noticing it when pulling tubers.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-26-2010, 3:01 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice. I'll check that first.