Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-05-2010, 7:11 AM Reply   
I'm looking to get a big (140+) "boat board/teaching" board for adults. I had the perfect setup, but some A$$%0)# stole 3 boards from me last fall. It was an Obrien cheapy, but it had nice adjustable bindings that would fit a large range of feet sizes, they also got my old board, a LF Omega 139 which was perfect for those who had gotten up and were learning to make some decent cuts.
Anyway, any ideas on a large board to handle this type of scenario?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-05-2010, 7:41 AM Reply   
Liquid Force Trip 142 or 146

(Message edited by wakebrdjay on February 05, 2010)
Old     (lume1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-05-2010, 7:44 AM Reply   
My boat board is an 07 Hyperlite premier 141, i donīt know if itīs an easy board for beginners, but a lot of people (big guys/small girls) have learned on it without problems.
And itīs also good for those who know how to ride.
Old     (tysonma)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-05-2010, 12:41 PM Reply   
2nd the premier. Lucho makes the same points I would have made.
Old     (afwakepilot13)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-05-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
The Premier is a great boat board, especially if you want to teach people to ride finless and edge correctly. Other than that, 1/2 the riders out there I know learned on a Hyperlite Motive or LF Trip, which you can find super cheap used.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-05-2010, 2:58 PM Reply   
Hyperlite Motive 142- this is the easiest board on the planet to ride-and cheap- available with a set of boots for under $ 200 all over the place.