Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-23-2009, 3:44 PM Reply   
im riding a friends severence 138 this weekend. i normally ride the lyman or watson. how does it compare?
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-23-2009, 3:52 PM Reply   
btw. how loose is it?

i ride my lyman finless. and im supper comfortable on it
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-23-2009, 10:08 PM Reply   
I switched from the Lyman with fins to the Severance and didn't like it at first cause I like to cut really hard some times and it doesnt have the really solid lock in like the lyman and it releases quicker off the wake probably cause i would throw my tricks too early being used to the lock in with the fins and channels, but it has really grown on me over time and i like it a lot.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-24-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
Never ridden a Lyman or a Watson, but the Severance pops about as hard as my Ibex does, and it rides pretty loose (no bottom features, small fins). Make sure you have some fun with the flex, do some presses, ollies, that kind of thing, its a blast.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-24-2009, 7:52 PM Reply   
if i never ride another regular board again ill be happy. i cant believe how much i loved it. im going to save up and buy the 142. i got so much pop with it. the presses where so easy and fun. but the only bummer is, i couldnt ollie worth a crap. 2 foot tops if i really worked it.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-25-2009, 2:57 PM Reply   
Good to hear you loved it. It might take another run or two till you get a better feel for it and can ollie better and such. everything is different (in a good and fun way) with boards with flex feature
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-25-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
for sure. im going to try and sell some stuff so i can buy the 142. but im sure ill figure it out after a while. espically since i have a winch now. i think flex will be a ton of fun
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-16-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
how well does the severnece hold up against rails?

i hit a rail for the first time ever yesterday. and i messed up my lyman pretty bad. (epoxy time ) and i really had fun, so i want to start throwing rails in more often at my winch spot. just curious about the integrity of it

it will be my next board either way, but im curious if ill just be using my lyman for winching/rail, or if the severnece will hold up well, ill use that. a
nd not that this matters, but ill be getting the 142, not the 38

(Message edited by lfrider92 on November 16, 2009)