Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Kevin2005)      Join Date: Apr 2017       04-23-2017, 5:12 PM Reply   
I'm looking at a used x46, any insight into this boat? It will be our first boat with 3 girls 6,9,10. Wanting them to learn to wake surf and will also tube. Also curious if it is good for just cruising the lake, we are on a busy lake. I was also looking at a new xt23 but that is about 130k and didn't want to spend that much.
Old     (SoulSurfer)      Join Date: Oct 2016       04-23-2017, 6:12 PM Reply   
I think your kids skills will quickly outgrow the capabilities of the X46. Those things are only good for pulling tubes and beginner wakeboarders or surfers. Seriously.

Just kidding.
Old     (Kevin2005)      Join Date: Apr 2017       04-23-2017, 6:37 PM Reply   
How does it compare to the xt23 for beginners? Is it too much of a boat for beginners and the simple things? I intend on keeping whatever boat I purchase for a long time so wanting to make a smart investment.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       04-23-2017, 8:18 PM Reply   
Exacty as you say, you want to make a smart investment.
It really depends on what you want to do with your boat.
Yeah of course mastercraft make really good quality boats.
Every wake boat makes good "beginner" boat haha..
Mc x46 maybe not the best wakesurf boat, but he'll do the job that's for sure lol. But it's more an overall boat.
Xt23 is more focused on surf if it's your question.
You are on a busy lake too, 24 footer is huge. Over 23 I found that's just too big because I'm on a busy lake too. Also because more than 23 you cut on almost everything (performance, wave quality, handing, etc) just for more seat places.

If you are looking for great deals don't be scared to take a look on other brand too. like I said MasterCraft makes really good quality boat but they are pricy and are not really focused on surfing. They are good all around boat instead. Probably what you seeking for.
But If you want a boat focused on wakesurfing and can easily pull tubes and be pleasant to cruising instead of a boat focused on crushing and be capable to surf and wake ( because yeah it's a big difference) they are tons of excellent boat out there. With comparable built quality, better surf wave and more price friendly.
Tige Z3, super air nautique g23, supra SE, MB sports and I'm surely miss some.

It really depends on your needs and what you prefer.

Good luck!
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-24-2017, 5:23 AM Reply   
An x46 is a big boat, and needs to have a ton of weight to get the surf wake up to par. Head over to teamtalk, plenty of 46 threads over there.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-24-2017, 5:37 AM Reply   
XT23 will be a much better performing boat, surf and wakeboard. The 46 can surf with a lot of weight, but is better suited for cruising the lake than anything else
Old     (Kevin2005)      Join Date: Apr 2017       04-24-2017, 8:02 AM Reply   
Thank you all. We are going to forget the x46 and focus on trying to find a used x30. Aric...on my last thread you mentioned you had a 2016 x30. I found a 2015 with about 95 hours for about 94k that I'm considering, is that a fair price? Im also going to check out the other boats mentioned above along with the centurion. Is there any benefit of buying it new vs a couple years old? Like I said, looking to buy a boat that will last. My kids are young and beginners now but they will eventually be teenagers and experienced. I don't want to have to buy another boat in a few years.
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-24-2017, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2005 View Post
Thank you all. We are going to forget the x46 and focus on trying to find a used x30. Aric...on my last thread you mentioned you had a 2016 x30. I found a 2015 with about 95 hours for about 94k that I'm considering, is that a fair price? Im also going to check out the other boats mentioned above along with the centurion. Is there any benefit of buying it new vs a couple years old? Like I said, looking to buy a boat that will last. My kids are young and beginners now but they will eventually be teenagers and experienced. I don't want to have to buy another boat in a few years.
seems decent as long as its optioned out.. (premium audio and touchscreen package, 6.0 etc..) they have a 5 year bow to stern warranty. I love ours. Its got an amazing surf wake out of the box, the wakeboard wake is great for pretty much all levels as you keep adding weight, and the rough water ride is great as well. mastercraft is making some great surf/wakeboard boats, and I wouldnt even remotely consider them a "do it all meh" boat company. they used to be guilty of these types of boats, but the new models hit it out of the park. as far as longevity, the new screens have been proven to be pretty bulletproof as has all the other components of the boats.

After spending a ton of time in all the new boats, MC or Nautique is the way to go.
Old     (tweeder)      Join Date: Aug 2015       04-24-2017, 10:33 AM Reply   
What is your local dealer to you? If this is your first boat I would be looking for something that is the easiest to set up for surfing. You can find a used Malibu 23 LSV with surf gates in your price range. It will be an easy boat to setup for surfing and easier to learn with. They are pretty popular and you shouldn't have a difficult time trying to sell it either.
Old     (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       04-24-2017, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2005 View Post
Good call, X30 was going to be my recommendation. Best boat for the money in the MC lineup IMO. $94k for a used 2015 seems steep. Onlyinboards.com is your friend. Don't hesitate to shop boats all over the country. Find one you like get videos and lots of background info. Then if it looks good, spring for airfare to see it personally. Shipping costs are not that much and you'll save lots doing it.
Old     (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       04-24-2017, 12:42 PM Reply   
http://www.onlyinboards.com/2015-Mas...ida-64698.aspx

http://www.onlyinboards.com/2014-Mas...ois-63715.aspx

http://www.onlyinboards.com/2016-Mas...ota-61738.aspx

Here are some examples. Can't say I like many of the color choices folks have made. Definitely seems to impact the resale too. $94k for a well optioned 2015 with good colors seems like the going price based on what I just saw. I'm sure there's some negotiating room in that too.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/2016-Mas...nia-65196.aspx

Here's one with colors I like but it's low on options. Just like porsche, it's all about the options. Good luck!
Old     (Kevin2005)      Join Date: Apr 2017       04-24-2017, 2:50 PM Reply   
Thank you for all the great input. It is greatly appreciated.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-25-2017, 8:53 AM Reply   
http://www.onlyinboards.com/2016-Mas...xas-62320.aspx