Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-26-2016, 10:29 AM Reply   
NBA is back! Great to see the Cavs taking care of business and LBJ doing LBJ type things. Meanwhile in Golden State...
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-26-2016, 11:39 AM Reply   
Won't be watching any NBA this year. Decided when I flipped on the first preseason game and saw the singer of the National Anthem kneeling. Turned it off right then and won't be back.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-26-2016, 12:32 PM Reply   
^^Seriously? Did that really happen?
Old     (WakeWise)      Join Date: Jun 2014       10-26-2016, 1:30 PM Reply   
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...m-takes-a-knee
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-26-2016, 2:22 PM Reply   
I am really stoked for this season. I can't believe how bad the warriors looked last night. Zaza is a big liability from what I can tell so far.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-26-2016, 3:14 PM Reply   
Huh, well I don't watch for singing or political statements. I watch for basketball.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-26-2016, 8:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
^^Seriously? Did that really happen?
Yeah, at the Heat game. Denasia Lawrence sang the national anthem before Friday night's Miami Heat preseason game and took a knee while performing the “Star Spangled Banner” as she wore a Black Lives Matter t-shirt.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       11-08-2016, 1:04 PM Reply   
LBJ 6-0 for the first time ever in his career. Cavs look good!
Old     (SurfBoard)      Join Date: Mar 2015       11-10-2016, 2:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
LBJ 6-0 for the first time ever in his career. Cavs look good!

^^^^^^^^^^
+1 on that.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-11-2016, 2:30 PM Reply   
Lakers are back! Well, not really back, but at least back in the win column and playing competitively . On the road V Sacramento and Demarcus Cousins, down 19 in the 1st half they came back with a 10 point win. Cousins, again looses his cool and gets in the face of Julius Randle. Maybe he just wanted to talk about the good old days at Kentucky
https://www.yahoo.com/news/julius-ra...153307150.html

Im thinking Lakers can double their wins from last season (17). Lots of youth, lots of depth, lots of improvement ahead. They are in the west so, no playoffs but still fun team to watch after the last 4 years of disaster.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-11-2016, 8:26 PM Reply   
The Jazz are going to be back in the playoffs and I assume posh for a first round home advantage.

REALLY GOOD young team, hope the can run this for 3 years.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-18-2016, 12:31 AM Reply   
Most games lost to injury....same chit, different year...
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-18-2016, 8:08 AM Reply   
I was really looking forward to the Jazz finally being healthy and getting into the playoffs. They have really good players, but luck is not on their side.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       11-18-2016, 9:11 AM Reply   
^^I don't think I can ever cheer for the Jazz being a Sonics fan. Too many bad memories via Stockton to Malone.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-26-2016, 10:00 AM Reply   
I was so excited for the Wolves to snag the #8 seed, then beat GSW in the first round .... but, Wolves need to get their **** together in the 3rd quarter.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       11-26-2016, 11:41 AM Reply   
^^If the Wolves can keep Towns and Wiggins together they should be a good team, but seems like they need one more star player.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-26-2016, 3:22 PM Reply   
Warriors starting to find their groove and now have the best record in the league. Durant has been better than advertised in this offense. Still the team does not look a fluid as it will a few months from now. Only concern is rebounding and interior defense. Hopefully Damian jones will be solid in those areas.

Team should get close to 70 wins in their sleep.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-26-2016, 4:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCPMike0663 View Post
Warriors starting to find their groove and now have the best record in the league. Durant has been better than advertised in this offense. Still the team does not look a fluid as it will a few months from now. Only concern is rebounding and interior defense. Hopefully Damian jones will be solid in those areas.

Team should get close to 70 wins in their sleep.
I am really excited about what Damien Jones might bring to the team. If he lives up to the hype, he will be exactly what they are missing. I want to go down to Santa Cruz and watch one of his games down there. I love watching the D league warriors. It is a cool venue too.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-02-2016, 9:28 AM Reply   
The Warriors vs Rockets game last night was brutal to watch, so many whistles. It is ridiculous how Harden can jump into people and get fouls called on other people. It's also ridiculous that Draymond still kicks his feet head high after the trouble it caused him in the playoffs/finals.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-02-2016, 11:16 AM Reply   
I watched the Golden State V. Houston game last night. Too many whistles and BS Hardin fouls but still a really fun game to see. How can watching Durant, Curry, Thompson, Green, Hardin and Ryan Anderson (was really hot too, great off season pick up) not be a good thing? Even with the faux fouls the Beard is a serious talent. I think GS has gotten better on the offensive side yet not as good on the defense side as previous years. Too bad it could be their Achilles heel as the game slows down in the playoffs. Still early and my Lakers are .500, the tide has turned.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-02-2016, 12:17 PM Reply   
It was definitely an entertaining game to watch besides the NFL like stoppages. Ryan Anderson killed us. He was on fire
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-03-2016, 3:51 PM Reply   
Cavs drop third straight. Not good. I still don't see a team in the east that will slow LBJ & Co. down come playoff time.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-06-2016, 4:16 PM Reply   
Concur, in the East, the Cavs record wont really matter, who is going to beat them?
I missed Klay Thompson going off for 60 last night...and sitting out the 4th qtr.
Lakers beat by Utah last night. The Jazz are getting pretty good. Rudy Gobert was a defensive force and Gorden Hayward had a nice second half.

At this point of the season its Golden State/San Antonio/Cavs/Clippers.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-06-2016, 5:08 PM Reply   
^^I was really hoping the game would stay close last night so Klay could beat Kobe's 81 point game. 60 points in 29 minutes is absolutely nuts. It's crazy how good shooters are now in the NBA.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-07-2016, 5:33 PM Reply   
^^You are forgetting about the night Kobe out scored the Dallas Mavs through 3 qtrs. Kobe 61 mavs 60. He sat out the 4th qtr too.
If Klay had continued playing, good chance he could have hit the 80's. Once you get close everyone starts feeding you every time down the court.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-07-2016, 7:50 PM Reply   
Not saying Utah is threat for Championship, but winning with a ton of DNP's from starters. Hope they can get the kids healthy and make a run.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-08-2016, 8:50 AM Reply   
Utah is looking really good. It might be a tough one for Golden State tonight considering they played yesterday. I'm excited to watch it
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-08-2016, 1:24 PM Reply   
^Never mind. Hill, Hood, Favors, and Hayward are all out in tonights game. It will probably be a blowout.
I'll just watch the Raider game
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-08-2016, 2:08 PM Reply   
Both LA teams got smoked last night. Ouch. Im really glad that on 12/6 I had GS 1st and Clips 4th. The way that team moves the ball is what is right about the nba.
Utah is good and their talent is all really young guys which means playoff team for the next few years at minimum. Dont quit on your boys Mitch.
Houston is really HOT now. Hardin is playing like an MVP re PPG and Assists. He's been a point guard for 2 months?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-08-2016, 2:58 PM Reply   
I live in the Bay Area and a Warriors fan haha. I was just looking forward to the match up with Utah because it has been a tough match up the last couple of years.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-09-2016, 3:35 PM Reply   
You were right! KC V. Raiders was a much better game, its where my evening viewership ended up. Carr needs to get that pinkie finger right.
I did catch the 4th qtr of Sam Antonio's first road loss. Chicago FTW.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-15-2016, 5:15 PM Reply   
Rest in Peace, Craig Sager, I enjoyed every one of your outfits. No one had better courtside interviews with Pops.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-20-2017, 9:54 AM Reply   
Cousins to the Pelicans! Great move Kings. LOL.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-21-2017, 4:19 PM Reply   
As Sir Charles would say Turrible trade. Sac got almost nothing for one of the best centers in the game. They also F'd Cousins out of about $30M.
This just in Lakers fire GM Mitch Kupchek and (owner) Jim Buss today. Magic Johnson now calling the basketball operations shots. Magic was a great player but Im not sure how much faith I have in him to turn this around. A week ago he said first call he makes is to Kobe Bryant. Kobe Bryant is going to do what? Just a few years ago he said he would be at Dodger stadium everyday and then took a 6 week European vacation. I think he just misses the spotlight. Its time to STOP going back to the same old Laker trough. How did that Byron Scott hire turn out? Now, if he hires a true up and coming GM to run things I'll be more on-board and I may not have to burn my #32 Laker jersey.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-22-2017, 2:17 PM Reply   
Bye-Bye Sweet Lou Williams. Arguably the best player on the Lakers. Off to Houston for a 1st round (late) pick and Corey Brewer. We didnt get better but we got a pick. Houston just became the 3rd best team in the West.
Lots of rumors out now. Butler to Celtics and the possibility of Indiana trading Paul George (to the Lakers).
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-28-2017, 7:17 AM Reply   
Wolvies are starting to hit their stride .... I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see them sneak into the 8 seed. KAT and Wiggins are going to be a force over the next few years.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-02-2017, 3:10 PM Reply   
Durant went down, gonna be out for probably most of the rest of the season. Do they need to be in the 1 spot? I still think they will be in the finals with the Cavs.
Geez, does Mike D' Antoni have the Rockets playing well right now. They killed the Clips last night raining 3's all night. The west looks like Golden State, Spurs and then Rockets.
I also caught the 4th qtr Cavs/Celtics. Great 4th qtr, props to the Celtics.
I am suprised the wolves dont have a better record with the talent they have. I guess the young guys take a little longer than anticipated to learn how to win. Exciting team esp when LaVine gets back.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       03-03-2017, 3:58 PM Reply   
^^Cavs/Celts should be a great playoff match up. Does LBJ not age? The guy is still jumping out of the gym.

Not really feeling sorry for Durant at all, btw Warriors are on a 2 game losing streak. Last time they did that they blew a 3-1 lead, LOL!!

Wolves will be good soon but they better keep all that talent.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-03-2017, 6:18 PM Reply   
Ohhhh the Jazz.... Just when I think they're rolling, they dump a winnable game.

This season is just to build for next. Hopefully they can win a 1st round playoff series. BUT...and that's a big but....they need to get Hayward & Hill resigned in the offseason.

GO JAZZ!!!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       03-04-2017, 11:42 AM Reply   
^^Hayward is a stud. Didn't see that happening coming out of Butler. Though he would be good but not a leading scorer.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-06-2017, 12:47 PM Reply   
Just want y'all to know I dislike you. As a Laker fan my neck is sore and I am tired at looking up at all of you. You ALL have talent, some more than others and all more than my Lakers. Not only that but the idiot older brothers (Jim and Johnny Buss) tried a coup to over throw their sister Jeannie who runs the team. WTF! Neither of these guys have ever had an actual job in their lives and have less than zero support from anyone in LA. Oh, and Jeanie just fired Jim after losing more year after year to all time win lows, (17 f'' ing wins last year).
Hayward is a stud and that center will be an allstar too. What do they call him?...The Stifel tower .
Even Phoenix with only 20 or so wins has real talent, wasnt Devin Booker a second round pick?
Well if we continue to lose...we still have a chance to draft Lonzo Ball. thats all i got
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       03-07-2017, 10:15 AM Reply   
^^Not going to feel sorry for a Laker fan ever. It's like a Yankee fan complaining about not winning the World Series every year.
Enjoy the basement for a while so you know what it's like to be a Clipper fan
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-07-2017, 1:59 PM Reply   
But, But, But...I get it.
Currently sittin tight and getting comfy in the Western conference basement. Its not as bad as I thought. No pain from the sting of champagne in my eyes, no need to sweep the floor in the morning as there was no confetti dropped during the last loss. Im good.
Even now the lakers are bigger than the Clips, this is a Laker town. Clippers beating Celtics last night was there first good win since the all star break. Even with Blake, CP and Jordan the clippers are a disappointment.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       03-07-2017, 3:57 PM Reply   
^^Agreed. Clips are not good. With all that talent and still won't make it past the 2nd round of the playoffs.
I blame Doc Rivers, the dude is over rated. Only reason he won a championship was the Celts were loaded with talent at the time.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-08-2017, 4:07 PM Reply   
Probably right, the coachs that win overwhelmingly have the best talent to "coach". Phil Jackson won with Jordon/Pippen et al and then Shaq/Kobe. Spolstra a great coach? he had Lebron, Wade and Bosh. "Pop" is a great coach. He wins with very good talent. Rick Carlisle is a very good coach. Pat Riley was a good coach but too tough and burns guys out. Clips need a real GM.
Ok, there are 20 or less games left in the season. Who do you think should be MVP?
Lebron James.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-08-2017, 7:50 PM Reply   
BIG WIN for the Jazz tonight. Hitting a super tough stretch, a lot of playoff teams, a lot of road games. Not great news when fighting for homecourt in the 1st round, so this was a pleasant surprise.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       03-09-2017, 10:33 AM Reply   
This is a great clip about the MVP race:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZzqs4uIzn8
go to the 6:50 mark

LBJ should be the MVP but he won't get it.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-09-2017, 10:47 AM Reply   
I'm probably over reacting, but the Warriors are not looking solid. I'm losing confidence in how they will play in the playoffs. This Spurs game coming up will be huge.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       03-09-2017, 11:02 AM Reply   
^^Durant will be back, you'll be fine, till the Finals.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-09-2017, 11:04 PM Reply   
Jazz have the % toughest schedule in the NBA coming in. Don't think they can hold the 4th...not sure if you shut down Favors for the playoffs, but gimping. Tough season for the boys with injury, still among tops in the NBA for games lost to injury. At this point, just hoping they can hold on to top 6. Don't want the Spurs or Warriors in the 1st round.

Go Jazz!!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-10-2017, 2:35 PM Reply   
Wolves are gunna upset GSW in the first round!!!! HOWWWL!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-10-2017, 3:38 PM Reply   
Wait, didnt we determine earlier that the Wolves had nice young talent and were slowly getting better...now they are beating the Warriors in the 1st round? No doubt they are getting better... its a process. I think Durant will be back.
Any team that matches up with OKC in the first round will have their hands full, there is a dude on that team that is a relentless monster.