Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-24-2017, 10:57 AM Reply   
It's time for a upgrade...I am looking at a '13 mb F24, does anyone have experience with this boat? Does it surf good. what kind of weight does it need? Price is at 60k, is that good? Any help would be appreciated.
Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-24-2017, 10:59 AM Reply   
I will go to Mb owners too and ask....wanted to see here 1st
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-25-2017, 3:40 AM Reply   
Deff check out MB forum. I've never been on a f24 but my 13 b52 throws an amazing wave and we love the boat.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-26-2017, 8:08 PM Reply   
Man I was looking at thet same boat. From what I've heard u really need to sink it with 1700s in the rear lockers! Or maybe you can get by with just some simple surf system (wakeshaper or something). Anybody with first hand experience?
Old     (302_Rider)      Join Date: Oct 2015       02-27-2017, 7:09 AM Reply   
No personal experience with the mb but I'm looking to upgrade and getting rid of my meticulously maintained axis t22. Surfs great at the flip of a switch. Damn near fully loaded. Same price range

http://www.chessiemarine.com/default...OwnedInventory
Old     (Jeffo4)      Join Date: May 2011       02-28-2017, 5:44 PM Reply   
My buddy has a 2014 F24.
We run a ghetto gate, 900 in each locker, full stock and an 800 long sack on floor. Cav plate up, throws an awesome wave.
He is going to add slappers this spring.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-01-2017, 8:31 AM Reply   
That new of a boat and and you still have to sac out the inside?? Seems like a desingn flaw if u ask me. Save ur $$ maybe and just add GSA to ur tige.
Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-01-2017, 6:07 PM Reply   
Well I guess that settles it...no way am I spending 60k to have a sac on the floor in the walk thru, my 05 24v doesn't even have that. Question is what boats are out there and available in the 50-60k range. In 22-24ft...??
Old     (302_Rider)      Join Date: Oct 2015       03-01-2017, 6:19 PM Reply   
No non sense mine or not you can't go wrong with the axis. They have the a series and t series that surf great with stored ballast and wedge for shape. Surf gate makes switching the wave effortless at the flip of a switch. Unfortunately I don't have any wave pics on my new phone.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-02-2017, 4:02 AM Reply   
I'd agree, Supreme, Axis or Moomba for price range and NO sacs visible for surfing a good wave.. NOW they all will need more than factory for a better wave, the Axis needing atleast 4,000#s for a decent wave with a lot of rear wave push and lacks as you get closer to the boat. Interior is big but cheap (plain) feeling to me. It also has a terrible rough water ride. The wedge on Axis and Malibu makes it feel like your dragging something behind the boat so I wasn't a fan. The Axis also requires surf gate or a ghetto gate. Moomba, depending on year, will need added weight but not as much as the Axis. I would also get one with the built in surf tab system as this boat does best with it. Inside is nice and a bit more comfy than the Axis. Rough water ride is better than Malibu, Nautique or Mastercraft. Supreme is King surf in that price range and size, needing less upgrades than the previous two. No tab needed and surfs slammed better. Great push throughout wave. It is a bit boxy looking though to some. Best rough water ride of the 3, of course all this is just my personal experience on the 3. As for MB, I have no good comments..
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-02-2017, 6:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Question is what boats are out there and available in the 50-60k range. In 22-24ft...??
Ask your local dealer for a demo with the Mojo (23') and they will have it dialed for surf. Using 1100's in the rear, 750 belly, and 550 nose it will be a monster and all hidden ballast.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       03-02-2017, 7:16 AM Reply   
Totally agreed with truekaotik. For these year it's really what he said.

Personally I never rode on a MB 2014- . But MB sport now doing VERY well as I know. Since 2014 I've seen a lot and everything is great. A really good bang for the buck boat.

MB would be my second choice if I would change! Deep V hull does a good job. (Tigé first hahaha but just 2014+) I would not purshace a old Tigé tho..

Last edited by Mike88; 03-02-2017 at 7:20 AM. Reason: Tapping
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-02-2017, 12:25 PM Reply   
Here's factory full, 400 in each locker, no bow weight on a 14 23' b52 that's been slapped. Not my boat (pics off the MB forum) but the guys who've set them up properly get outstanding results. Moomba is a good boat but the wave isn't even close.
Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       03-02-2017, 4:57 PM Reply   
I've got a practically new, loaded Axis T23 for sale for $65k. Lots of upgrades too.

https://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/6019248235.html
Old     (SoulSurfer)      Join Date: Oct 2016       03-04-2017, 1:16 PM Reply   
I know you're looking at a 24 footer and the 13 has a different ballast setup, but my 16 MB F22 throws what I'd consider a very good surf wave with the included ballast - 2800 lbs subfloor and 2200 pnp (1100 lb bags in the lockers). We actually don't fill the 1100s all the way, but rather about 3/4 full. No extra bags needed on the floor or anything. As a side note, I ordered it brand new for about 10% more than the 13 F24 you're looking at.

Last edited by SoulSurfer; 03-04-2017 at 1:17 PM. Reason: missing word
Old     (Onebadssv)      Join Date: Feb 2016       03-04-2017, 8:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truekaotik View Post
I'd agree, Supreme, Axis or Moomba for price range and NO sacs visible for surfing a good wave.. NOW they all will need more than factory for a better wave, the Axis needing atleast 4,000#s for a decent wave with a lot of rear wave push and lacks as you get closer to the boat. Interior is big but cheap (plain) feeling to me. It also has a terrible rough water ride. The wedge on Axis and Malibu makes it feel like your dragging something behind the boat so I wasn't a fan. The Axis also requires surf gate or a ghetto gate. Moomba, depending on year, will need added weight but not as much as the Axis. I would also get one with the built in surf tab system as this boat does best with it. Inside is nice and a bit more comfy than the Axis. Rough water ride is better than Malibu, Nautique or Mastercraft. Supreme is King surf in that price range and size, needing less upgrades than the previous two. No tab needed and surfs slammed better. Great push throughout wave. It is a bit boxy looking though to some. Best rough water ride of the 3, of course all this is just my personal experience on the 3. As for MB, I have no good comments..
Why would you need a surf gate or get to gate on an axis? They have hydraulic surf gates from the factory. I tested a t23 recently with factory ballast full and 4 adults, I thought the wave was awesome!
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-05-2017, 5:14 AM Reply   
You need it because the boat surfs like crap leaned. Yes the new Axis you can get "surf gate" on them and why I said that. Pre 2014 they do not come with surf gate so you need a ghetto gate, wicked wake gate or something like them. Plus you need to upgrade the ballast to firm up the wake and generate more push for tricks... Some dealers are putting the bigger bags in before Demo's so you may or may not of hade one.

Last edited by Truekaotik; 03-05-2017 at 5:17 AM.
Old     (Onebadssv)      Join Date: Feb 2016       03-05-2017, 6:04 PM Reply   
The one I went in had factory hard tanks plus plug and play bags that bring it to a total of around 3500lb of ballast. I am a sucky surfer and couldn't fall out of the back it had so much push. That being said I have never surfed a g23, supreme or centurion so I'm comparing to mostly older boats.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-13-2017, 9:51 AM Reply   
Daaannngg!! I don't know if that picture is distorted, but that wave looks insane!! Does anybody know if they've have changed the hull design at all on the b52 23? I looked at a 2012 recently, would it be the same as that 2014 shown above
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-13-2017, 10:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk22 View Post
Daaannngg!! I don't know if that picture is distorted, but that wave looks insane!! Does anybody know if they've have changed the hull design at all on the b52 23? I looked at a 2012 recently, would it be the same as that 2014 shown above
Once slapped it will be exactly the same. Best part is losing a bunch of weight because it gets to the point of diminishing returns.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-13-2017, 12:48 PM Reply   
don't laugh at me here, but by slapper and get slapped are we just referring to surf gate systems? Do you need to full GSA or can you get by with suck gates or the ronix wedge etc?
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-13-2017, 2:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
don't laugh at me here, but by slapper and get slapped are we just referring to surf gate systems? Do you need to full GSA or can you get by with suck gates or the ronix wedge etc?
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-13-2017, 2:54 PM Reply   
okay so a basic surf gate setup? Does anyone know how this compares to say the MB switch surf system?
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-13-2017, 3:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
okay so a basic surf gate setup? Does anyone know how this compares to say the MB switch surf system?
Depends on what version. Gsa works well just takes more weight.