Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-07-2006, 6:10 PM Reply   
Why do my 2006 Zeus say 'made in china'? I thought CWB was the only top 3 brand still made in the USA?
Old    roadking            06-07-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
All of CWB boards are made in the USA, not thier bindings. Bindings for all companies have been made overseas for quite awhile. Domestic production is too expensive and cost would be prohibitive. Asia is also ahead of the USA in ways to be cost effective in production of bindings and labor.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-07-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
Ok, but my CWB platinum is made in the US, ok. Thanks

I guess as long as they send replacement parts for my bindings, I am ok.

(Message edited by malibuboarder75 on June 07, 2006)
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-07-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
Lynnwood Washington to be exact...
Old     (bizzuck)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-07-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
Brian, you can't be serious. The only reason Asia is ahead of the USA in ways to be cost effective is because half of that continent lives in poverty and is willing to work for $5 a day. Also they wouldn't be producing anything if the machines that produce the parts weren't built and/or designed here.
Old     (bksmith)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-08-2006, 7:49 AM Reply   
Brian To be exact, not all the boards are mfg in Lynnwood. The low end High Volume stuff is made in China. IE. Sol, realm, trooper. All the high mid and high end products are made in the good old USA. There catalog is very clear. All boards mfg in USA have a little Made in USA symbol on them.
SWGA, FYI
Have you been to Thailand or China? lets just say $5 a day in Thailand is not bad and $5 goes along way there. You see just because your use to paying $5 for a big Mac and coke makes you think they live in poverty. I am not going to say there is not poverty or unhealthy conditions in ASIA but look out the window and you will see the same thing here in the good old USA.
Also the last statement about the machines. They make the molds, dies and everything in China. Not here in the USA, Europe! They are not sitting round working with candles and stone tools.

Check out my latest waste of time at http://www.tranquilbase.com
Old     (gmhdesign)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-08-2006, 8:13 AM Reply   
I agree with Brian. I’m an outdoor gear designer and all of my factories are in china. America is at a completely different time in history. We had our industrial revolution and have now moved on to a new place in time and industry… It’s really not such a bad thing that these manufacturing jobs have moved on to other countries. Soon China’s economy will grow to sophisticated to support these same jobs and then they will move on to places like Iraq… if those people can ever get their s#1t together, and then those people will benefit from the same industrial process… At the same time People here in the states demand lower prices… Look at the success of Wal-Mart… Tell all the Americans to stop shopping at Wal-Mart if you want to go back to the Industrial way of life… It’s really not as black and white as I have laid it out here, but you get the gist...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/wake1ghuth/Redwal7.jpg

(Message edited by gmhdesign on June 08, 2006)
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-08-2006, 9:03 AM Reply   
Brian - are you serious? $5 a day in Thailand gets you living in a factory-supported compound eating from the canteen with no tv. Yes - food & clothing is cheaper over there but not proportional to the lower wages.

Very few people can afford to own a car. $35K will get you a used Honda Civic. Try buying that on $5 a day
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-08-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
I just got back from Thailand and one of the largest makers of Boards, surf, wake, kite is Cobra. A German company They are based out of Thailand and make boards for most of the major board companies By the way $5.00 in Thailand will get you further than minnimum wage in most parts of the USA. It is just like anywhere else, if you want to make more money then work harder. Very few people can afford a $50,000.00 boat in the USA but I still see enough people in the USA with boats too (myself included). So Chris quit all that social thinking crap to yourself and get out their and ride!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-08-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
hey tom, i think you and i need to ride and work together, now that i'm in the sacramento area.
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-08-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
Tom - I have been to Thailand more than 20 times so I know what I am talking about. It's not "social thinking" - it's reality. Most of the people over there seem happy though - so more power to them!

Oh- and I just took the day off and rode yesterday.

(Message edited by team_o on June 08, 2006)
Old    bocephus            06-08-2006, 9:53 AM Reply   
Go ahead and just say it, THE USA SUCKS and that's why people are dying in the Arizona desert to get here, riding in the back of a 150 degree truck trailer for 1000 miles with 100 other people, and literally killing each other to get in. China, Tiawan, and Thailand all the have same problem, I see it on the news all the time. People are trying to break into China like crazy, I was thinking of going there myself, man China is awesome!
Old     (bksmith)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-08-2006, 9:54 AM Reply   
Chris,
Think about how much unemployment there would be in these places if the US companies did not invest in factories and machines? Just wondering if you have taken and Econ and or live in the real word. Jobs=money=less poverty and increased spending with in the economy. That is principal no matter what country (Capitalistic country) or economy your in.
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-08-2006, 11:34 AM Reply   
Brian - before you start questioning whether I "live in the real world" perhaps you should take a course in reading comprehension.

If you could comprehend what I wrote, you would see that nowhere did I that Asia would be better off if the US companies did not produce goods there. I mean that's just common sense, right?

All I disagreed with was your "$5 a day is not bad in Thailand" comment, which is still as wrong now as it was this morning.

But thanks for the "Econ" lesson!

Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-09-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
wow....this thread is all jacked up!
Old     (wakerider900)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-09-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
CWB is shipped from HO/Hyperlite if you really do your homework.
Old     (bksmith)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-11-2006, 9:52 PM Reply   
Jonathan,
AH. Yeah right. Tell me what CWB products are shipped from HO because I can go in the Connelly wearhouse and make sure they are not there. just wondering? I will make sure if you let me know.
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-12-2006, 9:13 AM Reply   
if udo your homework?

so ups ships HO and CWB, so they own them? then they must own dell, bose, etc...anything shipped by ups...