Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old    iloverusty            06-02-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
i think we need more chicks that need to ride . what the heck do u think ?? That would be more sick if there were .
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-02-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
Amen sista! I dated a girl once who was a ripper, was landing backrolls and everything. Probably the hottest thing ever to have your girlfriend throw down on pretty much everyone else in the boat. Some girls just don't wanna go through the whole hassle of riding, those that do are winners in my book.
Old    iloverusty            06-02-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
i havent been out yet , but ya its killer . all you see is guys , and none of a hot piece of a$$ like us girls .
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-02-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
most definitely!!!!!! girls that ride rock!!!!!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-02-2006, 11:47 AM Reply   
girls should stay in the kitchen and cook dinner, not be out wakeboarding. also don't forget the laundry!

haha j/k of course girls should ride.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-02-2006, 1:28 PM Reply   
Aissa: did you just say you haven't been out yet? Then what's the deal. I thought you were saying more girls should be out riding.

Oh well, any girl that calls herself a hot piece of A$$ has got to be alright with me.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-02-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
Aw geez, Tim. So sorry to do this to you, but you set yourself up for it so well! (hope you and the rest of WW take this in the joking spirit that it was meant!) ... but since your comment leaves open the possibility that you might be spending the next few days w/o female companionship, i've attached a little gift for you ... in case you wanna role play! Upload
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-02-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
Totally agree.. girls should get out more... I totally love to wakeboard and skate and i can't live without it.. honestly I CANT!!!! So I am trying to get other girls in my country hooked on it as much as I am.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-02-2006, 11:24 PM Reply   
Yep! And they should all be on my boat!
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-03-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
Heck yes we should ride!!! I ride and it's pretty much my life! Most of my friends actually don't wakeboard so i'm lookin for anyone that wants to ride!!!
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-03-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Girls shouldnt ride. They can ride in the boat. Look hott, get me a beer, and wind the rope in! Thats the role!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-03-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
Buzz - what the hell are you talking about? they already ARE!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-03-2006, 4:26 PM Reply   

Buzz...when do I get invited out????
Uh oh...forgot...I am older than you...not a reef girl!!!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-03-2006, 10:51 PM Reply   
SoCal,

Ha! If age had anything to do with it, I would not be on the boat either. Older than me? If so, not by much. You would probably show me up anyway, I am pretty sure.

Anytime you make it down to San Diego, you are more than welcome to hang with us. You would really like our group. I throw a token "dude" on the boat once in a while. Usually try to hit Fridays, and one weekend day with the wallies. Let me know. It would be cool to have ya!

PS - Have a blast in camp. I will be thinking of you while I am floating on Shasta!
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       06-04-2006, 7:01 AM Reply   
I'd like to see more girls riding... Duh.

Lucky for me, my girl has started riding, more frequently, and seems to be enjoying it. That should make buying a boat a lot easier, right?

-Blake
Old    lissie            06-06-2006, 2:25 PM Reply   
C I E /ya well mabe if i had a friend who owned a damn boat i would be out an doin that shyt and hittin that crap .. thane dog , do u see any pro girls out there , not too many . I HOPE UR ASS SPLITS OPEN WHEN U FALL TOO HARD BRA .
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-06-2006, 3:09 PM Reply   
They don't seem to really promote this sport toward girls. Even girls' boardshorts are made tight thru the hips and legs ... more for fashion (i.e., for guys to look at) than to actually ride in! I've yet to meet a girl who wears boardshorts AND knows how to ride (other than the girls on Kraig's boat)!!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-07-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
tim, i think your right! just outdated a little bit. BW, the ideal situation was women in the kitchen, laundry room, anything to please their man. nowadays, the situation still involves cleaning, but it should be cleaning the boat, stocking the cooler, and knowledge of how to drive the boat!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-07-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
Of course girls and women should ride more...half the fun is doing something enjoyable with your 'better half'. My suggestion guys, start doing more of the cleaning and cooking yourselves so you can get your women to ride more often. :-) And lets see some girl pics up here!

Upload
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-07-2006, 9:46 PM Reply   
I agree... guys start doing some stuff with your girls... theyll start joining you...

Upload
Upload
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-07-2006, 10:25 PM Reply   
oh boy.. here we go with the male bashing! I think each household is different.. Im sure there are plenty of women running around out there where the man is slaving away at work, and the women are out buying new coach purses twice a week and the men, they dont do dishes, they dont do laundry... they work! and then there are households out there where the women work as well and the work load gets distributed and some of you ladies may take for granted what is getting done.. like the man might not do dishes or laundry, but he changes the oil on the cars, fixes the leaky faucets, mows the lawn.. a househould where everyone holds their own.

So basically for some of you women to ride doesnt mean that the men have to start doing dishes etc.... Im sure there are not many men out there that just wakeboard all day long while the women are cooking and cleaning at home and making sure he has a nice dinner after his long day of wakeboarding all day every day!

Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-08-2006, 8:18 AM Reply   
i didnt mean it as in do the dishes... go with you girl to do things she likes to do, such as shopping, art galleries or such...
Maybe shell end up liking wakeboarding as much as you do after she does it for a while.. like me.. I never didnt like it, but once i tried it i got hooked!
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-08-2006, 8:53 AM Reply   
Cris, I agree with you. I also think maybe some girls are nervous about trying it because a lot of times they're the only girl on the boat with a bunch of guys, which can be intimidating. I'd say if a guy wants to get a girl to wakeboard, maybe invite that girl AND her friend out so they can both try. That would probably give the girl more confidence to give it a shot.
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-08-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
Of course more females should get out and ride...actually, more PEOPLE should get out and ride so it brings the prices of gear down more for the rest of us income challenged folks (supply and demand baby...suppy and demand).

In my perfect world my job would pay me enough to afford the boat I really really want and my boyfriend's job would pay him enough to afford the truck he really really wants and we'd be out riding more. Of course our vehicles would run off of water instead of gasoline too.

Upload
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-08-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
Id be more than happy to invite my wife and all her friends on the boat with just me :-), im sure any guy on here would agree
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-08-2006, 10:20 AM Reply   
My wife doesn't even know where the kitchen is.... She can find Nordstrom or the Coach outlet with her eyes closed though. LOL.

Most of the girls we've ridden with over the years just aren't that interested in pushing themselves the way the guys do. The like being on the boat, but rarely want to get into the water. Whatever, more ride time for us.

I do agree though, I'd love to see some more girls out there getting it done.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-08-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
My buddy here from work brought his wife out with us last Teusday and it was awesome to see her tear it up on the water! I was really impressed with her riding skills. I just think its always cool to see girls tear it up.. whether it be on a wakeboard, snowboard, motocross, ATV etc...
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-08-2006, 4:45 PM Reply   
If faced with a choice, this is the boat I'd rather be on......
Upload
www.thechickflick.com
Old    bocephus            06-08-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
Maybe the chicks could start paying for some stuff instead of trying to leave me with the bill. The cooking and cleaning is called payment for services rendered. It's called Lykus 101!
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-08-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
Sucks to be you man...I pay for all of my stuff (except for the Proline Delta Carbon 17" Handle my boyfriend just got me for our anniversary). Sounds like you should find some new chickies to hang with...you know...ones who know what gas money is.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-08-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
I also want to be on that boat!!! Im (almost) always the only girl in the boat! I try to get my friends to join me but they're wussies and dont want to try either because theyre scared, or because theyre scared of alligators, or because they tried once and couldnt get up... Well, the fact that I dont own a boat and cant invite them more often is also a factor... I go out most weekends in a friends boat, and me and my boyfriend take turns for paying for gas and snacks... And I pay for all my equipment (also except for my super pretty and board matching LF Angel handle)
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-08-2006, 7:03 PM Reply   
I'm usually the only girl on our boat also, but I've been out recruiting and have actually met enough girls who wanna learn to ride or know how that I've talked Kraig into having a "girls only" day (he gets to drive us, of course - lol). Just need to pick a date! I pay for my own stuff too, but I'd gladly cook a meal for some dude if he'd throw some wakeboard goodies my way!!
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-09-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
Yes I do think more girls should ride. I am thinking of starting a clothing line for them called "Two-do"......ALL Daisy Duke style, low rise shorts and swim bottoms......so low, you need two hair-do's to wear them!
Seriously....even the ugly chick wake boarders are HOT!
I think more of them and less of the large, old, loose skinned hairy-backed men throwing W2W 360's would be great!

DC
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-09-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
Yeah, I'd like to be on that boat too. I love the X1 wake. LOL

I've actually got no problem with the fact that my chick doesn't ride. I wouldn't be all that excited over watching her get the crap beat of her like I have all these years, plus she's a lot cuter without any facial scars (I've got two that I can attribute to wake related activities).
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-09-2006, 1:19 PM Reply   
My girl has a nice scar right between the eyes from the board to her face. But I think it adds character. But when you have a chick that you can teach it is really great. I have taught her back rolls tantrums and front rolls. She is now more into wakeboarding then I am. Later, Mike
Old     (fungirl)      Join Date: May 2001       06-09-2006, 2:06 PM Reply   
My friend and I have what we call Delta Girls Weekend. We round up a bunch of girls and wakeboard or teach them to wakeboard. Its great to at least get someone up...even if its only for a few seconds!
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-09-2006, 3:00 PM Reply   
heres a couple pics i got taken when i got my senior pics done. I'll have more later this summer..but yea i wish wakeboarding in general was more popular around the tri-cities. But thats why im goin to college to study business and open my own shop here. There are some girls who tear it up, and hopefully by the end of the summer, i'll be one of them!!
UploadUpload

(Message edited by wakechic06 on June 09, 2006)
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-09-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
Just got my sweetheart 3 new pairs of boardshorts. Maybe now she'll get out and ride more often. Of course my broken ankle doesn't help out the situation.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-10-2006, 6:28 AM Reply   
I think your broken ankle is perfect for that situation ... she gets lots of ride time while you drive the boat!! (sorry 'bout your ankle, tho)
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-10-2006, 6:34 AM Reply   
Oh, here's another thing that some of you ladies might be interested in. www.girlswakeboardingclub.com Some great ladies started this in Dallas. Maybe you could do the same in your area. I know that here they usually have monthly get togethers and riding. I think they even have a tourny lined up.
Old     (astonmartini)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2006, 7:11 AM Reply   
I haven't gone through and read the past 40 posts, but if girls want to learn it's cool w/me and sometimes I feel like I'm showing off when they're only being an audience instead of riding, also.

At the same time, 4 girls in the back of the boat plus my friends last weekend added significant weight even if they weren't 'big girls' (more than 400 lbs total). I didn't care about collecting gas money from them, and it would have taken a lot more time and patience to teach multiple first-timers.

Old    dyonisus            06-13-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
For sure more chicks should be riding. Why not they can ride as hard as some of the dudes out there. This summer you can check out the SlidingGlass team out riding hard all across the US and Canada.

Plus the new Chick Flick DVD to come out should really show why more girls should be out riding and just how hard they ride.