Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-19-2016, 8:07 AM Reply   
Our family is heading to TN for a wedding later this month. I've always wanted to do a tour of the factory in Loudon. Any feedback from somebody that has done one...worth it?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-19-2016, 10:10 AM Reply   
I would do it. I'd be very curious.

Also our boat is getting sprayed on the 26th so if you're there you might spy it!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-19-2016, 11:11 AM Reply   
I've done it, it's really fun seeing how the boats are made. I think it took about and hour or so for the tour. Definitely eye opening to see the process in the flesh. Makes you appreciate the boats and the end product a bit more.
Old     (twowake)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-19-2016, 2:19 PM Reply   
We went down and watched our boat being built, If you are a Malibu enthusiast it is worth the time.

Last edited by twowake; 04-19-2016 at 2:20 PM. Reason: spelling edit
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-20-2016, 1:07 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback guys. We bought our Malibu new in 2005 but have always thought it would be fun to do the tour.
Old     (MarkMason)      Join Date: Feb 2014       04-21-2016, 1:34 PM Reply   
I have recently toured both the Malibu plant and the MasterCraft plant. Both are located about 20 miles from each other in East Tennessee. I can say, with out a doubt, the MasterCraft plant and factory tour is leaps and bounds better than the Malibu plant tour. From the facility to the tour guide's product knowledge and over all experience, the MasterCraft visit was superior. If you are ever looking at comparing both brands, do yourself the favor and go to the plants. It is easy to see which is the better process and product. Hands down, MC wins every time IMO. It is very clear why they won "Industry Week's Best Plant in North America 2016."
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-22-2016, 6:24 AM Reply   
I got a tour of the Nautique factory when I bought my G.. those things are built like tanks!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-22-2016, 1:38 PM Reply   
Malibu, MC, and Skier Choice are all very close to each other. Check them all out.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-22-2016, 8:29 PM Reply   
Romo's #1 fan has it right (even if he is a Romo fan). Check them all out if you have time. I think pretty much any boat factory's tour would be cool. I did a tour at MB last year and that was even fun despite my inability to remove my Nautique goggles. It's nice to know how different companies put their things together.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-25-2016, 12:41 PM Reply   
I'm suprised Tony Romo's #1 Fan hasn't checked out the Tigé Factory in Abilene Texas. After all he's obviously a big Cowboys fan.