Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mfenton)      Join Date: May 2009       03-11-2017, 11:02 AM Reply   
bought a used boat with a pair of rev 10s already installed. One of the horns is busted. Would this be under warranty? I just want to get it fixed
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       03-11-2017, 11:47 AM Reply   
I'm not affiliated and am not in the industry, so I'm just sharing common knowledge. So if the plastic horn flare is broken then that would not be warrantied....because it didn't happen in the course of normal operation. If it's a used product (second owner) then it's not under warranty unless part of the original boat and the boat itself is still under warranty....which would be a boat issue. However, that doesn't mean Wetsounds won't help you out if they have in possession the appropriate part, and it never hurts to politely ask (not expect or demand). In either case, the plastic horn flare part (if I'm understanding you correctly) is a simple thread out & in and can be easily replaced. Go straight to Wetsounds for this. I've found that they do everything within reason when they are given the opportunity.
Old     (mfenton)      Join Date: May 2009       03-11-2017, 1:56 PM Reply   
Yeah im just going to call them monday and see what they say. The horn isnt physically broken it just doesn't play. Its no big deal if I have to buy another horn or crossover. I just figured i would post on here because im sure its happen before to someone.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-11-2017, 4:37 PM Reply   
Could be an amp setting, could be a disconnected wire, blown tweeter or cross over. Worth taking the driver out for a quick look after checking the amp.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       03-11-2017, 6:25 PM Reply   
So if the horn tweeter isn't playing, remove the driver from the pod. Check the physical connection between the crossover and tweeter, which are the terminals under the small magnet at the very rear of the larger midbass driver magnet. Then connect the crossover tweeter output to a multimeter set in the AC voltage mode and turn it up. If you get a voltage, then the tweeter is likely the problem. If not, it's likely the passive crossover.