Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-26-2016, 3:06 PM Reply   
Well I thought I had a deal for a 2010 X star but it looks like it has fallen through. I am a little bummed. It has been a while since I have been looking at buying a boat so I would like to see what the G has to offer. If anyone has one around Tulloch and doesn't mind me taking a look at the interior space/lay out that would awesome, and may be a ride when the weather improves.

Sounds like the wake is great. I used to ride behind super airs all the time and I really enjoyed those wakes.

Also going to be selling a 2003 X-2 in the near future. Lots of hours but a straight tank of a boat.

Thanks, Mike
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       11-26-2016, 4:30 PM Reply   
This is 2 completely different boats! I dont know what kind of activities or what use you want to do with your boat but G23 is a great boat! Totally different wave than the MC. Nautique wave is more vertical with less transition. In those years (2010-2011) nautique wasnt like "super popular", mastercraft was. Nautique kind of starts their reputation in those days if i can say it like that haha.
Nautique wave is huge! You feel like you're pop into the air (im talking for wakeboard, i wasnt surfing in 2011).
X-star wave for me is good. Their are really great boat! Indeed and its just my personal opinion but not better..

If you like the shape of a x-star maybe you wont like the nautique one its really different. MC are very good on confort and overlook. They are pricy too.
But for me i prefer the G23 wave.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-27-2016, 6:15 AM Reply   
If you like old school nautique wakes, look at a g21
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       11-27-2016, 6:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCPMike0663 View Post
Well I thought I had a deal for a 2010 X star but it looks like it has fallen through. I am a little bummed. It has been a while since I have been looking at buying a boat so I would like to see what the G has to offer. If anyone has one around Tulloch and doesn't mind me taking a look at the interior space/lay out that would awesome, and may be a ride when the weather improves.

Sounds like the wake is great. I used to ride behind super airs all the time and I really enjoyed those wakes.

Also going to be selling a 2003 X-2 in the near future. Lots of hours but a straight tank of a boat.

Thanks, Mike
G23 , can't go wrong now if it's an older with less than 2/1 tranny or new, wave or wake without supplemental sacs.

Friend just turned in an extremely high hour G23 to finance company here in LA. Google it, find it, buy it, clean it up, fix its stock sac leaks (or don't the boat doesn't care). Doesn't burn any oil, never stops running (one time all this year for 3 year old alternator. He owed 70000. So should be able to be bought for that or less . I had more fun in that boat than a barrel of monkeys this year. That boat and his instruction taught me how to drive my Axis that I thought didn't handle loaded down, no I just couldn't drive. LOVE that Boat, buy it and run it for ten years and get rid of it. Here's the ringer, almost 1300 hours, but an expert will tell you that's just proof of reliability. It has a fancy 2 spare tire boatmate trailer so it could be drug to California

Last edited by granddaddy53; 11-27-2016 at 6:48 AM.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-27-2016, 8:11 AM Reply   
I have been a mastercraft guy for ever. I had a 205 that I put 1700 hours on and my X2 has 1600 hour on it. I would consider myself a relatively advanced rider. I just didn't wakeboard as much for a couple years because I busted out some kids. Because of the kids I need to go bigger. My best friend has a 2008 x star so I know what that boat is all about.
I just want to look at all my options and see what the G has to offer. I am not big surf guy, I just need comfort and great wakeboarding wake.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-27-2016, 9:56 AM Reply   
If your kids are going to be riding in the near future, the G may not be the boat for you simply because the wake is not clean at low speeds. Of course, it's great at 23 mph with full ballast, but it's definitely an advanced rider's wake (same goes for the 2nd gen X-Star). If no one else is riding then get the wake you like and don't look back! If it were me though, I'd be looking at a boat that puts out a similar sized wake to those monsters and gets clean at 16-17 mph for kids and beginners (2nd gen Supra SA would be a prime example).
Old     (YYCBoarder)      Join Date: Apr 2013       11-28-2016, 1:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
If your kids are going to be riding in the near future, the G may not be the boat for you simply because the wake is not clean at low speeds. Of course, it's great at 23 mph with full ballast, but it's definitely an advanced rider's wake (same goes for the 2nd gen X-Star). If no one else is riding then get the wake you like and don't look back! If it were me though, I'd be looking at a boat that puts out a similar sized wake to those monsters and gets clean at 16-17 mph for kids and beginners (2nd gen Supra SA would be a prime example).
G23 is clean down to 19 mph with no ballast. It's also clean at 21 with full factory ballast. It's not quite as good as a BU at low speeds but definitely one of the better boats out there.

Last edited by YYCBoarder; 11-28-2016 at 1:08 PM.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-28-2016, 1:51 PM Reply   
I've been in a G23 before with a kid being pulled behind it at a slow speeds and it was no problems. At maybe 17 and no ballast it still a big wake, especially for a small kid. Any slower than that I doubt they would be going wake to wake anyway.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-28-2016, 2:01 PM Reply   
Still looking. Thanks for the all the input. But the boat is either going to be an older X Star or a used G23. Now days with less and less dealerships it is tough to even see these boats, much less ride behind them (especially how I would weight it). And even if I could see them I am not buying new.

I just can't justify 150K for a boat.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-28-2016, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddaddy53 View Post
G23 , can't go wrong now if it's an older with less than 2/1 tranny or new, wave or wake without supplemental sacs.

Friend just turned in an extremely high hour G23 to finance company here in LA. Google it, find it, buy it, clean it up, fix its stock sac leaks (or don't the boat doesn't care). Doesn't burn any oil, never stops running (one time all this year for 3 year old alternator. He owed 70000. So should be able to be bought for that or less . I had more fun in that boat than a barrel of monkeys this year. That boat and his instruction taught me how to drive my Axis that I thought didn't handle loaded down, no I just couldn't drive. LOVE that Boat, buy it and run it for ten years and get rid of it. Here's the ringer, almost 1300 hours, but an expert will tell you that's just proof of reliability. It has a fancy 2 spare tire boatmate trailer so it could be drug to California
Why did Chris get rid of his G. I know he loved that boat, I went on it when he first got it.

1300 hours is a lot of use for such a new boat....
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-28-2016, 2:11 PM Reply   
Mike - wanna come ride my MB? It is already weighted accordingly, is never allowed to surf, and understands that it is meant to provide the best wake possible
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-29-2016, 9:14 AM Reply   
Jason,
Thanks for the invite I like your style. I am old school, non of this surfing crap unless the lake is already **** water. I would take you up on your invite but with a 3 1/2 year old and a 15 month old I don't get out much. It is pretty much Tulloch or nothing. I need a bigger boat to be able to control the kids. With all the weight I have in my boat there isn't much room for them to run around. I may be old but I am going to continue to ride hard as long as my body will let me . It helps that my wife loves it and continues to ride at a decent level as well. I am hoping with the new boat my boys will discover a love for the sport as well. I think my 3 1/2 year old is about ready.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-29-2016, 9:23 AM Reply   
I do not ride in the winter any longer but several of my buddies do and they have a weight up 23'TWB. Let me see if I can get them to come your way instead of Pedro.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-29-2016, 10:48 AM Reply   
Jason,
I think we are just old. I only ride in the winter if I get good weather and my parents to watch the kids. A little different from my younger days when if it was above 45 degrees we were all about it.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-01-2016, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
Why did Chris get rid of his G. I know he loved that boat, I went on it when he first got it.

1300 hours is a lot of use for such a new boat....
Hi David good to here from you! It's not my place but it was personal and his knee needed to heal. Had a last great weekend in it and that boat laughed at its hours, I saw one burp in 8 months and at least 100 or more in it this summer and that was a 3 year old alternator. Even with wear and tear of that level usage the interior was a little worn but still nautique awesome but a little dirty cause having fun cane 1st with him and he kept up with the oil and conditioning the interior. That hull didn't get the attention cause hard water and the extended late hours of summer usage coming off the boat lift convenience. , but that's just spots, sad to see it go, somebody needs to scour the net and buy it, as it is for sale,

Chris taught me how to drive my so called dog handling axis surf boat on either turn around left or right like a sports car while driving his G with cable steering being amazingly calm and relaxed. I was a little too loud for his tastes but ever patient with everybody

With my broken leg and just being released in September from doc, I had just started to wakeboard one wake airs to build confidence and strength behind it. I had on a one wake air one of the highest jumps I've ever done and I bailed cause I freaked and wasn't trying to do it.

That boat took my frontside and backside surfing goofy and regular through the roof this summer. Did 3 amazing night surfs , one to open season on 4/4, one in summer, one on October 14 or so all in jackets and shorts. That October night I learned unlimited transfers onnthat NSS system, I owned that wave that night and many days and I will miss it badly. If I could have afforded it I would have bought and partnered with him and Bert on that boathouse slot, I WISH!!

Dave were still going, it's going to be hot this weekend. I'm ready to try your Beast Mide I understood your boat had a setting for, or recently I added 450 to bow of Axis on top of the 950 locker bag, wAve is a lot of fun and now longer and cleaned with nose weight and the emptying of opp locker sac, let's do this before season is no fun, let's drink some suds and ride and surf. I'm not propped to get my big load on plain yet but the wake is still fun and I'm sure we can get more than stock and wedge and nose bags on plane for you to have fun riding 504 430 2563.

Last edited by granddaddy53; 12-01-2016 at 9:43 AM.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       01-09-2017, 7:37 PM Reply   
I just went from a 2008 XStar with extra ballast to a 2016 G23. And I actually chose the G because it is actually the closest thing (shape wise) to the wake of a 2nd gen XStar (I LOVED my Xstars wake). The only thing is that the G's wake will get bigger and more firm than the XStar. Plus it doesn't need any additional ballast which was the biggest seller for me (My X had 3k of extra ballast but it took up ALL of my storage)! If you think you'll be doing a lot of surfing, then give up on the XStar...it's horrible for it! ESPECIALLY if you're goofy! The G also feels like it is 10' longer even though it's technically only 6 inches! If you don't think you'll wanna spend the extra cash for a G, then I'd suggest NOT riding in one...because if you do, you'll never look back!