Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (creekrat)      Join Date: May 2018       07-08-2018, 8:51 PM Reply   
So this evening I went surfing for the first time. Was behind a buddy’s 2003 bu 23lsv. All ballast was stick with 6 people in the boat and the bot listed to the port side. We were using a homemade suck gate and the board was a Hyperlite shim 4’7”. Pretty sure he did not have any water in the bow ballast but I wasn’t about to make any suggestions since I’m green to surfing. Popped up on the first try and ride in the wave for a bit getting used to it before trying to find a spot where the rope was slack but could never find the sweet spot for me. Gave it 3 runs but still couldn’t find the sweet spot to toss the rope. That being said, we are looking at purchasing a 2006 centurion avy c4 with the storm 3 package and 430 hours. Interior is in great shape as is the snap out carpet and the guy is asking $24,000 for it. I’m a solid guy at 235lbs, oldiest son is 180, youngest is 95 and the Mrs is 140. I am looking at a Hyperlite broadcast for us on our boat but not sure as far as what size we should be looking for. I don’t have any qualms buying a couple boards. Any and all help is appreciated