Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-27-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
I posted an earlier thread where I stated I was having issues with Adaptatunes. I also mentioned that I updated both of our i Touch units to the lastest software version (4.0) at the same time.

I have been having issues getting it to flip through playlists. Someone mentioned that they have heard there were issues with the 4.0 software.

I Googled this and found that there are a ton of people having issues with their car stereo working after updating. Apple does not seem to be responding to this. They say it ia a third party issue. It affects both the i phone and the i touch.

Has anyone else had any issues? I tried all the possible fixes I found online but that didn't help me. (hard reboot, restoring the itouch settings, restoring the old software version, attaching iTouch before turning on the stereo, etc)

I have a Clarion M465 head unit and I am connect through a Cnet cable.

If you haven't updated don't!!! I don't think you can go back to the old version because you get an error if you try to restore.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-27-2010, 9:49 AM Reply   
Now that you mention it I haven't been able to get my iPod classic to play through my headunit using my iPod cable. I too have done resets to no avail. F'n apple everything is someone else's fault.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-27-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
You would think 4.0 was released by some hacker.

IT BLOWS. My Clarion headunit in my truck wont play my iPhone w/4.0 now.... among a ton of other problems.
I luckily did not update my iTouch, so it's still working.
Thanks Apple.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-27-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
my local stereo shop told me not to upgrade my iphone for this same reason. They are seeing this issue alot and they had no fix for it.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-27-2010, 10:46 AM Reply   
and they released 4.0.1 which I think only deals with antenna strength indicator.... I havent updated to it yet, but doubt it will fix the other problems, incuding the head unit problems.
Old     (theanimal)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-27-2010, 10:46 AM Reply   
Wow... I thought it was just mine.
I have problems linking it to my stereo but the other thing it started doing immediately after the update was it just shuts down on its own. Then it takes a few minutes before I can turn it back on. I thought it was related to the update but i couldnt find anyone with the same problem.
I hope they release a new update soon
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
Same with mine. My updated itouch will work with my clarion headunit, has the ipod plug, but doesn work on my indash in the truck anymore
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-27-2010, 11:33 AM Reply   
I updated mine right after it came out (4.0, that is). I had the same problem until I found a site that told me to power the phone off, then plug it into the stereo (phone still off) and turn the stereo on to the iPod source. It may take a while, but it should find the music after that. Before I did that, it would just flash "READ" on the stereo display (Sony M60UI). Basically, it sounds like the USB in the stereo needs to re-recognize the phone as a different device.

Hopefully that works for you...if not, hopefully Apple will come out with a fix for it in short order.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       07-27-2010, 12:55 PM Reply   
Yeah will both my daughter ipod touches are completely screwed up. They won't even show up now on I tunes and I restored it back to the original and everything. I was on the phone with a tech from apple for over an hour and she told me that a newer version will be released soon to fix all of these problems with the i touch and i phone. That was 2 days ago. I own a Mac to and she couldn't figure out anything to help me out. I downloaded the I tunes 9. I am pretty pissed off as well since I use my daughters i--pods on the boat and now I have nothing except old scratched cd's to play. So I guess wait for the revised version of i tunes as well. I tunes 9.21 is what I was told.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-27-2010, 1:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ohangtime View Post
I updated mine right after it came out (4.0, that is). I had the same problem until I found a site that told me to power the phone off, then plug it into the stereo (phone still off) and turn the stereo on to the iPod source. It may take a while, but it should find the music after that. Before I did that, it would just flash "READ" on the stereo display (Sony M60UI). Basically, it sounds like the USB in the stereo needs to re-recognize the phone as a different device.

Hopefully that works for you...if not, hopefully Apple will come out with a fix for it in short order.
does your phone ever power on? I assume so if the HU ends up finding it as a source. I need to go try this....
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-27-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
We had issues with an iphone with 4.0 this weekend but no issues with my itouch with 4.0. Kind of odd...
Old     (dfred)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-27-2010, 2:02 PM Reply   
I had the same issue, it was almost like the software had a skip in it, ran slow and not very smooth....almost like it was made by Microsoft. I updated to the 4.0.1 yesterday and it works again. no more pounding on the home button or beating a hole through the screen. try the update it fixed more than just the bars...