Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-09-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
Here's some pick’s of my 07 Cadillac Escalade EXT.
With all this talk of tow vehicles I thought I would share my new rig with you all.
Its only got 600 miles on it but I can all ready tell you it’s the best rig I have ever owned.
Even if you take away all the bells and whistles this is an awesome rig. Comfort performance style and the ability to transform into a truck form a Suv. The bells and whistles are the reason for getting the Cadillac over the Avalanche. The caddy comes with the 6.2 liter 403 Hp and 417 lbs of torque that you cant get in the Avalanche. I never test-drove the Avalanche because after looking at the inside of the Escalade I lost interest in the Avalanche. This thing rides super plush. It’s very quite inside. It makes a long drive a breeze. Some of the things Im enjoying. #1 Remote start. It knows the outside temp and adjusts the inside temp according to how hot or cold it is outside. Example if its cold outside when you remote start it will fire up the defrost and turn on the heated seats and steering wheel and when you jump inside its all warm and comfy. Puts a smile on your face. The same is true in hot weather it fires up the AC and turns on the Air-conditioned seats. #2 The self adjusting headlights that turn on and off the high beams with on coming traffic or tail lights from cars in front of you. #3 the retracting running boards. #4 Reverse camera you can back right onto the ball of your trailer easy#5 in dash DVD and 6 disk in dash CD player. With XM radio and Aux / I pod hook up #6 Voice activated nav and phone. #7 Memory seats push a button and the seats and mirrors and pedals adjust to a 2nd driver (my wife) you take the key out and the seat goes all the way back so its easy to get out. #8 Self-adjusting air ride suspension. Drop the boat on the receiver and put a load on it and it level’s your ride. It also knows the receivers in and turns off the parking/back up sensor’s. Its got a million more goodies that I haven’t played with as of yet but so far I love this thing.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-09-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
oohh grant, I feel sorry for you... does it match the Bling Bling??

by the way, awesome.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-09-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
Super sick ride and congrats.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-09-2007, 10:26 AM Reply   
As soon as they build one on a 3/4 ton chasis with a diesel I'll take it.

Nice ride though. Those options are sick. I really like the remote start and climate control thing. I'd love to sit inside my house in tahoe and fire my truck up then walk out in 20 minutes to find it fully thawed. LOL. I think the rear camera is key too. I think only people that hook up a trailer as often as we do would appreciate that.
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-09-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
That is a really nice ride...those sound like some really smart features. Are those the stock rims?

When ever I see an EXT I think about what car and driver said:

"A three-ton, $54,000 mullet.

Why? Well, the common description of the short-on-top, long-everywhere-else hairstyle is “business in front, party in back.” That fits the EXT perfectly, only in reverse. This truck’s party of chrome is up front, and the cargo-hauling pickup bed, the business end, is out back. "
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-09-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
Grant - thumbs up on the new ride, I love the Cady's
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-09-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
Diesel Escalade

Why would you want a 3/4 ton diesel for a luxury vehicle? IMO diesels are farm equipment. Loud noisy smelly and not necessary for hauling your boat. I mean they are great if you need to plow the field or haul some serious equipment but all these people thinking they need a diesel to haul there 5 thousand pound boat and trailer I just laugh. I see all these people talking about how fast they are and how much torque they have yes I agree they has some pull but if we both were pulling our boats side by side I bet you your diesel not going to put the hurt on me up some hill so why have it. Now if you hooked a 20 thousand pound tractor and trailer to your diesel and hauled it yes you have an advantage and IMO that’s what a diesel's for hauling heavy loads. IMO a boat is not a heavy load and I would rather not have the stiff bouncy 2 hr ride of a 3/4-tone jackhammer diesel all the way to the lake. I guess its all-personal preference to each his own. Props to you lifted diesel truck guys on 22's as you bounce your way to the lake.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-09-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
That was pretty funny Grant. ^^^

I had a chance to drive a CTSV. DAMN that was a sweet ride! Now my wife wants a CTS. The interiors on Cadillacs are very swee. I wasnt aware that they had that many bells and whistles.

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on January 09, 2007)
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-09-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
the last model EXT's were actually 3/4 ton..is this one as well????
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       01-09-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
I agree grant. No one needs a diesel to pull a 5k boat . . .

But

No one needs a auto dimming headligts or pop out running boards either.

Sweet ride. I really like the Caddy's. What made you go with the EXT over one of the SUV models?

By the way. People dont plow fields with trucks. Most use tractors for that.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-09-2007, 11:22 AM Reply   
It's all about "Choices" lets face it, a stock F-250 2 wheel drive would probably haul any of our toys, but it's all about what "BLINGS" you the most. Right? IMO, To each his own. Diesel, Caddy, or donkey. What ever puts a smile on your face.
Old     (awf_axis)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-09-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
Welcome to the "Caddy" club....

Upload

Time to sign up

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/
Old    mendo247            01-09-2007, 11:45 AM Reply   
very nice grant! ive wanted one of those for years..

but damn quit hatin on the diesels huh buddy lol.. well as a matter of fact i bet i would put the hurt on you towing up a hill lol.. yes a diesel is overkill for wakeboats.. however they are safer, and who doesnt like overkill? as far as the jackhammer comment, have you driven a chevy diesel?? IMO i could have bought you an avalance put a grille on it and cut some fancy holes in the fenders and saved you $30,000 bahahaha
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-09-2007, 11:48 AM Reply   
Woops I ment to say 1 ton. Not 3/4 ton. The plow the feild comment and farm equipment comment was a joke. I know theres lots of people out there with nice desiel's and lots of time and money tied up into there rig I dont mean to insult them sorry.

As far as Why I went with the EXT over the SUV. IMO theres lots of great SUV's out there not just the Caddy. If your looking for a SUV then thats a tough choice. This IMO was the only thing that was a great cross between a truck and SUV. I still need to haul a sheet of plywood or make a dump run and this seemed like the best choice. Plus I can plow the feild with this LOL
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-09-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
I sell GMC trucks, and just got off the phone with another idiot that thinks he needs a diesel to pull his boat. I own a lance camper & pull my boat just fine with a gas motor. But we all know about the "little mans" complex. I guess that is the same reason why some boat builders are going over 25'
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-09-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
Oh, and you're telling me that someone driving a Caddy doesn't have little mans syndrome.....LOL

People drive what they drive for one of two reasons: 1) Utility or 2)It does good things for their ego. In a best case scenario then you get the best of both worlds and get an ego boost out of a vehicle with utility.

I drive a diesel and absolutely love the fuel mileage. I also happen to love the way it sounds. I think turbos are cool. I actually know first hand that a Escalade EXT will pull pretty good. They definitely have a horsepower advantage over a diesel and would likely out accelerate a diesel to a point when towing a light load like 5k. That is until you start modding a diesel and blow the doors off the Caddy. My boss and his buddy dragged out of a restaraunt one night, both towing race car trailers. My boss was in a F-250 diesel, his buddy in the Caddy. The Caddy pulled the diesel. Now it wasn't totally fair because my boss was hauling an enclosed trailer with tools and spares (around an extra 3k lbs), but the Caddy definitely has balls. It'll also get sub 10 MPG towing up hill to tahoe when loaded so the choice is yours.

Anyway.... We've done this argument and we ought not start it again here. Grant: Nice rig, very nice. I wish they'd offer some of those options in a diesel. I'd be stoked... Ha, ha, LOL.

Phillip, BTW: You must just be pissed because you don't have a diesel yourself. There is no way a person that regularly hauls a camper and boat at the same time wouldn't opt for a diesel if they could afford it. A gas motor just doesn't make sense once you factor out the additional cost of a diesel.
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-09-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
No, could afford it and dont want it. and better fuel milage, stop it, I have plenty of friends with diesels and none of them get over 13mpg empty. + the added expence to the maintanience and forget it.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-09-2007, 1:08 PM Reply   
That rig is unbelievably gangster. Nice choice!

Upload
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       01-09-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   
Grant, I love the caddy. If I could afford it I would have one just like Daves.

I dont know about all this little man complex talk.

I have a cheap old truck and an old boat so I guess that should mean that I am a horse, right.
Old    mendo247            01-09-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
HAHAHA, you really started something grant!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-09-2007, 3:34 PM Reply   
Richard: I havent driven in a Chevy Desiel. But for towing a boat I still would rather take a gas Chevy Surban over a Desiel any day. Unlike Evan I hate the sound of a Desiel. They are like the new loud toy to own. It used to be Harley Davidson's with open pipes now it seems to be the Desiel's with the Whistle pipe's Wooo Wooo (bub rub style) that are making all the noise these day's. Yea your pimpin all the up and down El camino in your 1 ton with the whistle pipes on 22's.. To me thats so ghetto but to each his own.
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-09-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
Grant - your so MARIN (LOL)...............
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-09-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
Roll with style!! That caddy does it for me!
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-09-2007, 3:48 PM Reply   
yo grant,
there's a reason for the "whistle pipes"....though the sound is an added benefit, opening up the exhaust increases gas mileage, and lowers exhaust gas temps while towing hard heavy loads.
Burning up a turbo because of excessive exhaust heat wouldn't be cheap to replace.
I'll take my 4" turbo back stright pipe any day of the week. Whistle pipe or not.

When's that new record you have wit Fitty Cent drop again?
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-09-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
Grant,
Great vehicle, but from the photos it sure looks like there is very limited legroom for the backseat passengers. Is it as bad as it looks?
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-09-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
Grant,

This is the first time I have heard you condemn something that is loud!!!
Old    mendo247            01-09-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
hahahaha ill be sure to post some pics when i get my 22's.. o and fyi, in a drag race you would sneak out a win.. my 06 2500 in stock form will run a 15.1 and your ext in stock form should run 15 flat! hook up some trailers and the diesels 650 tq should pull away.. and i guarntee you if they were to come out with a duramax esclade it would blow away the gas version in sales.. imo gm nees to pull there head out get one in the suburbans also..

but i will admit i am jealous of the ext..very luxirous.. why you need retratcing steps on one ill never know..
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-09-2007, 4:10 PM Reply   
I love the new caddy's. hmmmmmmmmm but there ain't a caddy in the world that would make me trade my diesel in.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-09-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
The rectracting steps work pretty nice. Normaly with out the retracting steps the seat takes a beating at the fold getting in and out, If you use the steps you can lift yourself out of the seat and on to the ground. A few times I havent used the steps and you can see and feel how it would tear up the seat silding in and out and off the seat. I to thought they were kinda goofey at first but now I like them. Im a tall person 6-1 and they work well for me I can see how a smaller person would find them nice as well. Wake shoe I run my seets all the way back so it gets tight back there. When people are back there I scoot my seet up a bit and its no problem. But for as big as the EXT is it is kinda small back there. I guess thats the price you pay for having the bed.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-09-2007, 4:42 PM Reply   
Damn, I need to learn how to put LED's in cup holders!

Congrats...that thing is nice.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-09-2007, 5:17 PM Reply   
yeah that is sweet and that is your style but ill take my bouncin ride all the way to the lake, i prefer the power to pull. Congrats on the new toy. Upload
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-09-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
You definetly want the steps. Your seats will take a beating without em.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-09-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
First off your new ride is sweet. Second of all I have a Silverado diesel. I love the mileage and the power. Its not that a gaser wouldnt pull my boat it just does it way better. I guess with that truck and house its easy to talk down when you sit on a wallet that fat P Diddy
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       01-09-2007, 10:37 PM Reply   
I dont know about the rough riding diesels. My buddys dad picked up a new Duramax and that thing is sweet. He has the Allison, and I would trade my truck in a heartbeat just because of the tranny. It is a freakin mind reader. It rides real smooth to, just like my 1/2ton used to.

On the other hand, having the ability to put 4k with of "stuff" in the bed isn't a terrible thing either, saves on multiple loads.....

The ride is nice!

I saw you do it in the Harley, how good are the burnouts in this???
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-10-2007, 12:12 AM Reply   
Nice ride but I feel the way about half truck half suv things the way you do about Diesels.That rig is sweet until you see the back half! But I do wish I had the coin to drive a caddy.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-10-2007, 6:25 AM Reply   
Grant-
Will that be your daily driver?
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-10-2007, 6:32 AM Reply   
That is totally BALLER! There's a new Avalanche in the parking lot here at work and it taunts me every morning! I love those things! Sounds like the Caddy has some really cool options!
Old    swass            01-10-2007, 7:02 AM Reply   
I guess I'm an idiot with a Napoleon complex.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-10-2007, 7:40 AM Reply   
Grant,

Stop calling that thing a truck!!!

I'll bet that heated leather seat feels reeeeal nice when your driving down the road in your buttless chaps.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-10-2007, 8:02 AM Reply   
My piece of farm equipment, well gotta go plow the field with it now.

Upload
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-10-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
This might be the funniest thing I've read on this website. Props

"Stop calling that thing a truck!!!

I'll bet that heated leather seat feels reeeeal nice when your driving down the road in your buttless chaps."
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-10-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
Ohhhhh, I love it.... Burnouts, what burnouts? You can't turn the traction control off in the Caddy's. Reason #1 I wouldn't buy one. I guess I'm just like a little kid, but I love whipping doughnuts in the foot deep fresh snow when I wake up in Tahoe. I guess it's good that you're not tempted to do that in the Escalade because you'd probably rip off the front bumper cover.

Phillip, as for the 13mpg..... BS. I'll call it all day. I drive the crap out of my Diesel and have yet to manage 13 mpg. It's more like 16 including around town and freeway and closer to 20 on I-5 when I'm cruising under 80.

Diesels ghetto, huh? Ghetto like redneck ghetto? How many gangsters you see rolling diesels? How many in Escalade's? Whatever. That comment coming from someone who loves the attention of a screaming Lambo. Oh, and I guarantee you had Flows on that old Harley truck. Eh? Everyone likes making noise, some just do it differently.

BTW, I love the sound of a big block, small block, lambo, Ducati, diesel, etc..... (though I can do without loud Harley's). I like loud toys. There's a place and a time for them and I'll never hate on someone for showing pride of ownership.

Grant... I still like your EXT. I think this thread turned really funny.

NAW... That shirt cracks me up.

(Message edited by guido on January 10, 2007)
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-10-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
that white chevy looks retarded. the EXT looks way cooler
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-10-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
It is a truck. It fits the description. It has a bed. I think it even has a proper body-on-frame (though that's not required). I personally don't approve of any truck that you can't put a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the back of but to each his own. Nice truck. Hope you enjoy it, chaps or no.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-10-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
Sam, that's because it's farm equipment. Not even the same catagory.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-10-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
This is the one Cadillac I love,the CTS-V. Not sure if I would want a Cadillac truck, SUV or whatever you want to call it for the fear of getting it dirty or scratched up, especially when Im going to the lake.
Upload

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on January 10, 2007)
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-10-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
I call it what ever.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-10-2007, 9:13 AM Reply   
Yeah, those CTS's are sweet. If only you could get one with a diesel. LOL!!!!

Incidently..... I'm pretty sure you can get a CTS in a diesel in Europe. Also, for those that think diesels are for farm equipment: spend some more time traveling the world! I definitely wouldn't turn down a BMW 7 series with a diesel. I think it makes 500lb/ft of torque (I could get the exact numbers, but I'm a lazy american). I wouldn't be suprised to see a lot more diesel cars returning to these shores. It'll start with the smaller trucks (like the jeeps) first and I bet they'll be in cars again within the next few years.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-10-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
Evan: I guess you got me with the loud toy comment and have a point. I guess its all what you call noise and what you call music. Someone with a well tuned sound system pumpin in their boat im all over it. But someone with blarin tower and no bass and in clip mode I call noise. A Harley Davidson with pipes I call noise and a Lambo with tubi exhaust I call music. To each his own.
Any Yes this Thread is way funny.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-10-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
"if we both were pulling our boats side by side I bet you your diesel not going to put the hurt on me up some hill so why have it. "

Because it purrrrs up the grade with 14-16 mpg WITH a boat.

"Why would you want a 3/4 ton diesel for a luxury vehicle?"

3/4 ton aside, a diesel in any SUV or truck gives you an advantage. Take the Toureg for example. I think you'll see more of this from other companies. BTW...Mercedes Benz has been using diesels in luxury cars for decades.

The Caddy looks great if you're sitting in the front seat. Looking a litle tight in the back though.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-10-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
I never ever got over 13.5 mpg with my 6.0L powerstroke while pulling my boat. I am a fan of diesels but it would have to be a Cummins or the D-max until FoMoCo gets there act together. I hope the new 6.4 gets them back in the game especially since Cummins signed a deal with Nissan for 09 and Toyota coming out with there diesel in 09 or maybe 2010. I am buying a new gasser until I see things get sorted out and see who rises to to the top.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-10-2007, 10:45 AM Reply   
JTW, you just said "while pulling my boat." Phillip said he's never seen better than 13 MPG. He didn't reference towing or not. IMO 13 MPG towing is pretty darn good. I barely got 10 in my lifted Tahoe and it struggled up every grade.

BTW, I like my Powerstroke. I know the early ones had problems, but the '06/'07s are pretty dialed. It's the truck around the Powerstroke that made my mind up, not the motor. If I based it on motor alone I don't think there's a comparison to the Cummins. I can't wait to see the Nissans with the Cummins. The Titan is a nice pick-up.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-10-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
you wont be able to haul as much booze in the back of that thing. I remember an old picture of yours that showed your houseboat trip liquor. that caddy does not look like it can take the same amount of booze.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-10-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
Absolutely mint ride. I love the extended load space when the seats come down and the fit and finish inside. Diesel or petrol, who cares; buy what you like and be happy that you love it.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-10-2007, 1:27 PM Reply   
hey bling did your caddie break down on someone's driveway.ive seen your house and it dont look like that. the pic would look much better if you parked it next to the lambo guys house with his garage opened. please dont BLING that nice new caddie.
Old    mendo247            01-10-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
i think talking about diesel trucks should be banned from thses forums.. i swear anytime the word diesel pops up you know the thread is gonna to blow up
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-10-2007, 2:41 PM Reply   
yeah, my bad....LOL. Maybe Diesel should get blanked out like all the "bad" words. Little red dots everywhere.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-10-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
D.I.E....Seattle in the house Yo!

All kidding aside, that ride looks damn comfy for a trip to the lake.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-10-2007, 5:11 PM Reply   
ewww

thats sweet... i'd do more than sh|t my pants if i found out that got that truck

hopefully i'll win the drawing and get a GMC sierra HD and wakeboat
(crosses fingers and prays)
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-11-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
BTW Grant, have you thought about what will go in the back seat? prolly hard to hide subs in the back with the seat-flippy thing. any ideas yet? guess you would'nt have to cut the bed if they were back there!
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-11-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
Grant,

Where does the rear window end up when you open up the rear of the truck to make the bed longer?

Eric
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-11-2007, 4:10 PM Reply   
I would be willing to bet that the only thing you will see added to this truck is an air bag set up and no system.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-11-2007, 4:35 PM Reply   
Airbags in a 4WD..... C'mon Caeser. Say it ain't so. Maybe a lift and some 35's for that bad boy.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-11-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
Nacho: No major system plans, I might look into this JL audio Stelth box that mounts at the Midgate. Upload
I want the unit that alows you to watch indash DVD's while driving and the Bluetooth unit.
The EXT already has Air bag's.
Eric: The rear window stores into the mid gate.
Thomas: Yea I know what your saying. We wil have to use a diesel truck from now on to hall all the Booze.
Man what happend to all the "yo mamma" comment's they were funny
Old     (blxboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2007, 11:09 PM Reply   
Hey Blingit, Im in college right now, what do you do for a living? Seriously.
Old     (99air)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-12-2007, 4:45 AM Reply   
Grant, Nice Ride.

How does that 6 speed tranny do towing the boat?

Ken
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-12-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
well, thats all ya need. couple 12's & a couple thousand watts. i'm sure you'll post up pics. ya know you want some carbon in that thing...
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-12-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
"I want the unit that alows you to watch indash DVD's while driving"

thats what we need. more distracted drivers.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-12-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
no carbon, no more chrome leave it alone. it looks real nice now so dont give bling any ideas, and please no leds. it looks dope. yes a system and at least a set of 26 inch rims, no less. please dont put any famous stars and strap stickers. a little naut is cool. its a classy rig so dont mess with it.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-12-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
Evan- Haven't you been reading this thread , we all know how Grant feels about lift kits and big tires.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-12-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
PLEASE BLING DONT PIMP YOUR RIDE
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-12-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
Wow, that JL box is stealth... Nice.

Joe, you crack me up....

Lyle, if you gotta ask, then it wont work for you. Everyone needs to find their own niche to be successful. Being a follower wont get you anywhere. Work in a field that you're passionate about and you'll make it happen for yourself.
Old     (wakeboarddad01)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-12-2007, 5:01 PM Reply   
Do you have the DVD in the back? Is it mounted on the ceiling or in the head rests? I have a ext denali fully loaded and was considering the caddy but I wonder do you hear any wind sounds or how about the security of the suv when you are not there? Also what was the price of it... Nice caddy... good luck
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-12-2007, 5:58 PM Reply   
Evan check your pms ..... Joe
Old     (aquahawk)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-12-2007, 11:27 PM Reply   
G,

Just picked up my 07 VLX at noon from Kyle down in San Ho. Welcome to the caddy club.

Upload
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-13-2007, 12:08 AM Reply   
Here's an idea for the bed...

Upload
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-13-2007, 12:15 AM Reply   
mike how big ar those subs? 18"?
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-13-2007, 2:30 AM Reply   
c hawk that looks dope. nice set up
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-13-2007, 2:39 AM Reply   
hey bling congrats on the truck. it looks nice
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-13-2007, 6:32 AM Reply   
Mikeski if looks like the bed of Eyes On Me/s work truck .... Joe