Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old    whitechocolate            02-17-2004, 11:08 AM Reply   
Ok now that the Nor-Cal Boat show has come and gone, Im sorry I forgot to ask everyone what they thought of the Pro Flight tower that was mounted on the yellow and white Sanger at the Nor Cal boat show in the Pro Flight booth? I dont know if this Sanger goes with Pro Flight to the diffrent shows so you might have seen it at other shows. If you havent seen it Ill explane, It looked like they had mouted a Pro Flight swoop backwards. It was unlike other forward swooping towers like Malibu's illision. This tower had the tow point so far forward is was weird looking. The tow point looked to be over the center of the open bow.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-17-2004, 11:13 AM Reply   
just say "why"?

How is it better? Patent dodging?
Old     (healing)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-17-2004, 11:18 AM Reply   
Like this one Grant?
off their website
revert
Old    whitechocolate            02-17-2004, 11:22 AM Reply   
No its like 50 time worse looking than that. Like I said the pull point was so far forward you would have to be in the very front of the boat standing on the open bow cusions to change the rope. Plus they had a fiberglass speaker box with a flip down TV hanging under it,
Old    whitechocolate            02-17-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
Dane I dont see how you could doge a patten by turning a tower backwards, Unless they were hoping no one would buy one and they wouldnt have to pay fee for each tower the didnt sell
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
The whole reason why you put the tower like that on a boat is so you can tow in reverse...

More functionality... If you drive the boat forward you get big wakes... when you drive in reverse... you get a pipeline type of wave...

Offers more versatility...

So now other boat companies can offer the same as Tige and Skiers Choice... but instead of a wakeplate to adjust wake shape...

You can just drive in reverse!

Maybe MB will come out with a 3 speed transmission... where you can flip a switch and drive in reverse with a flip of a switch....

Skiers Choice already did something in reverse... VLX... ooops.. I mean XLV....

hahahaha... those towers look funny.... but a funny looking tower is still better than a tow hook!
Old    whitechocolate            02-17-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
Kyle pretty funny , Its only a matter of time before some one comes in here and tells us how its better, When I was in the Pro Flight Booth and they were telling people how it was better because you can use a longer rope and you have more a penglium effect with the longer rope BLA BALA BAL. IMO Its so firgging ulgy If it made you go 4 feet higher I still wouldnt put on on my boat. Im all for function but it has to look good also.
Old     (noquams)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2004, 12:47 PM Reply   
I spoke to a rep at the show and she said the reason the tower is forward is to give more rope length. Many people want a longer rope. With the pull point forward the rider can enjoy the Sweet spot and have a longer rope. On paper it's a good idea not sure how it works in real life though.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2004, 2:00 PM Reply   
I'm with Grant, its too ugly to be any good. if you want a longer rope length then cut harder and drive faster. Failing that get a stiffy tower, if your going to be rediculous then go all the way IMO.

That SAN looks to be carrying its fair share of ballast too.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
I have a Stiffy Tower... it is fun every now and then...

The only problem is trying to get out of the boat launch... everyone gathers round to ask questions and I never get home on time!
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-17-2004, 4:11 PM Reply   
Maybe I'm missing something...

Why move the tow point forward and use a longer rope? Wouldn't you hit the wake at the same spot?

That Session with THX might benefit with a forward mounted tower... more people could watch TV.
Old    walt            02-17-2004, 6:51 PM Reply   
It looks like the install guy smoked the whole bag before he started the the install.
That really looks like crap !
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-17-2004, 10:59 PM Reply   
One thing about the tower on that san above is the lower part of it matches the shape of the windshield. Not sure what kind of tower that is but if it was turned around it would look sharp.
Old    cam_warner            02-17-2004, 11:50 PM Reply   
Good call darren, that boat looks LOADED
Old    hockeyruss            02-18-2004, 7:47 AM Reply   
WALLY'S
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-18-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
Doug, I think that is the point, you would still hit the wake a the same spot, just with a longer rope / pendulum. I have no idea if there is a noticeable difference (other than of course that the tower looks stupid).
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-18-2004, 8:51 AM Reply   
The whole crew can finally get a tan w/o pesky tan lines caused by those 'stupid bars and speakers' in the way!!
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-18-2004, 9:22 AM Reply   
I agree the tower is an eye sore. Honestly, I dislike it!! If it were turned around it doesn't look like it would match the contour of the windshield.. Looks like the tower was installed over a few cases of beer!! On a positive note... that boat is loaded, I bet approaching 3000 lbs ballast.... NICE!!