Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old    hudsonjt            02-25-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
Has anyone used Rockford Fosgate speakers on a tower? I am interested in the RF Punch 4015 6 1/2" speakers and was wondering about the sound quality and if they would survive the marine life. Any suggestions on other 6 1/2" speakers would be appreciated. I am planning on adding an amp as well.
Old    wolfpack            02-25-2004, 4:00 PM Reply   
Kicker marine 6.5
Old     (mc_driver)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-25-2004, 11:17 PM Reply   
I have four HPC-1206's (HPC-2206, now). I chose these because they have the polyurethane,titanium, something cone that, to me, offers better water resistance. So far they've been through two rainy seasons, plus the storm that blew thru here today, and still look and sound good. Here's what they look like in the cans:

Old    hudsonjt            02-26-2004, 4:22 AM Reply   
Do you have an amp driving the RF HPC-1206's? If so, what type of amp? Do you have a separate battery for this system? I am afraid that an amp may pull to much power from my boat battery that is used to crank the boat. I would hate to get stuck on the lake due to using my stereo system.
Old     (mc_driver)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-26-2004, 4:45 AM Reply   
I'm actually using one channel of the stock Clarion amp to drive the tower speakers, the other to drive the boat speakers. I have a second amp driving subs. Using one battery (don't normally play music for long periods of time with engine off)