Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-27-2014, 9:33 AM Reply   
I have broke no less then 5 I phone screens over the years. I have always gone to local retail stores like "Moble Kangaroo" or a place called "Rapid Repair"

I tryed "I cracked" because the other places were closed on Sunday.
I couldn't use my phone so I couldn't even call anyone.

You contact them via email and they email you back and find out the details.
They got back with me with in 10 mins. He asked a few questions, trying to figure out what needed fixing. Then he quoted me $110. Then we met up at a local Starbucks and he fixed my phone and tested it right in front of me. It was super quick and easy.

They are all over the place so depending on where you are they dispatch a repair guy near you. You see a picture of the person you will be meeting and they have reviews of them.
I got my phone fixed on a Sunday night at 7:00 pm check them out if you need service.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-27-2014, 10:17 AM Reply   
With your DIY skills you should judt buy the screens on Ebay and install yourself I have done a few and they are cake............The 5's are much easier than the 4's BTW.........
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-27-2014, 11:50 AM Reply   
Tracktor: By the time I order online and it gets delivered it might be a few day's. The quality screens are $50 delivered so your Paying a extra $50 to the I-cracked guys to get it fixed real quick. IMO well worth the convenience. Plus it was cool to see it done by a Pro in person one time
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-27-2014, 12:25 PM Reply   
my question is, why are you cracking so many screens!?! I am surprised you dont have the top of the line shatter proof otterbox or other type of case!
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       10-28-2014, 2:48 AM Reply   
I fix iPhones on the side for a little extra cash. Parts run me anywhere from $25-80 depending on the age of the phone. I'll tack on 25% to the cost of parts for labor and call it a day. iPhones are a rather easy fix, it's really more about where the parts come from that determines how good the repair will be.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-28-2014, 8:14 AM Reply   
I thought the whole Idea of Moble repair was a cool idea. Showing you the Tech's in your Aera willing to help you was kind of like Uber or Lyft. People willing do give you a ride in your immediate area. I can see how a service like this would put brick and mortar stores like mobile kangaroo out of business.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       10-28-2014, 9:17 PM Reply   
Absolutely. It takes me all of ten minutes maximum to fix anything iPhone 5 and newer. The older ones are more like half an hour. I do a lot of colored replacements too for people wanting blue, green, red, etc. glass for their screens.