Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-30-2013, 8:45 AM Reply   
So, I was excited as hell to get a new GoPro for my birthday. But after a couple of weeks of messing with it, I'm contemplating returning it. I've down-loaded the latest software patches (several times), I have the recommended SD card and am still having problems. I can't get it to record longer than about 30 seconds without shutting down. Perhaps worse, I google my issues and find out that many, many are having problems, similar and otherwise, with the Black edition. I'm a patient, detailed guy and generally good at fixes (of everything). But, I'm too busy right now to have another complicated tech problem to fix.

Alternatively, I'm thinking of returning it and waiting for a later purchase when all the bugs are worked out.

Are any other WW'rs having or had similar experience?
Has it worked out so the camera is worth keeping?
Old     (Kemikal)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-31-2013, 12:27 AM Reply   
I have a hero 3 white and I haven't had any issues.
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-31-2013, 11:54 AM Reply   
I had the same issue, but when I turned pro tune off it was fixed.
Old     (Jonb1822)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-02-2013, 6:10 PM Reply   
Turn off pro tune. Fixed mine too.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-02-2013, 8:49 PM Reply   
Pro Tune was never on. To be triple sure or more, I've installed the software updates three times (one automatic and two manual). I have the Scan Disk class 10 32GB card. I've formatted it each time. The camera still won't record past 30 seconds. I'm about to take it back. Maybe try another camera, but maybe wait for a while too. Check these out:
http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-CHDHX-30...DateDescending
http://discussion.gopro.com/gopro/to...video_included

Last edited by ottog1979; 04-02-2013 at 8:56 PM.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       04-10-2013, 2:11 PM Reply   
Mine has performed substandard as well. Every snowboard trip I took it on it would freeze on the video cam icon on boot about halfway through the day and the only way to unfreeze it was to take the battery out which was not an option while on the mountain. Really annoying, emailed requesting a replacement and they sent me some bs about having a good class 10 card, which I do, and how to reformat it and blah blah blah I don't have time for that shiz.