Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-19-2015, 5:58 PM Reply   
I have a 2015 Sanger 215. I've got a 900 lb sac in each locker and a 450 in the center all plumbed in. I have (2) 450 lb sacs and 750 lb sac we are messing around with.trying in different locations. Any suggestions on placement. Also, can I use some straps on put one of the port side seat and strap around the grab rail? Will that be too much weight on the rail?

Thanks.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-20-2015, 4:59 PM Reply   
The 215 is all about list. You seem to have enough weight. Try not filling the off side locker sack, or only half full. Keeping weight forward on a Sanger often helps with the shape and drive you get. If it's weighted right you won't need to strap any sack in. It will just rest there on the seat against the seat back.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-20-2015, 7:54 PM Reply   
Makes sense. We've figured out that too much weight in the front washes out the wake even though its longer. Just worried about having 450 lbs on a seat and it falling over onto someones leg.

I've 1/2 filled the offside...will try not filling next time. Thanks.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-20-2015, 8:37 PM Reply   
Yeah little to no weight on the off side. I run the 500 in the belly, 1100 in water in the surf side locker along with 400 in lead. The only other weight I have is in batteries along the back.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-21-2015, 7:52 AM Reply   
a 100% filled sac will stay better than a half filled one.
no weight on opposite side. stick a 450 in the walkway to start with. or a 750 up there and 450 running along seats on the floor.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-22-2015, 8:14 PM Reply   
Interesting on the no or little weight on the offside. Can't go out this weekend but the following I am. I will try it. Thanks all.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-23-2015, 5:40 PM Reply   
We never run weight on the opposite side. I've tested it before and it only makes the wave worse. This past weekend we were running the following setup in our V230 with great results:

750lbs. Fly High sack rear surf side
200lbs bow surf side (one person)
400lbs. Fly High sack on the surf side seat
500lbs. stock mid-ship sack
4 people sitting on the surf side seats.

Now that I have figured out where I want the weight, I want to get rid of the fat sack on the seat and put bags of lead weights under the surf side seat to free up room for people to sit more comfortably.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-24-2015, 2:40 PM Reply   
wish i wasn't goofy. cooler behind captains chair jacks my ballast game all up. could put lead in cooler, but I like the cooler! although it doesn't hold ice for **** and leaks all the cold water into bilge. I still like my built in cooler!
Old     (nautibouys)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-28-2015, 6:27 AM Reply   
We surf port side and Its taken about a year for us to figure out our optimum wake, but we've been very pleased in our 2006 V215 with a 1100 lb bag rear surf side, no weight non surfside, 400 lb bag on spotter seat surf side, 500 lb stock mid ship under floor filled. 10.5 mph. Super clean curl with plenty of push to drive a straightline all day with just driver and someone on the sunpad to catch ropes. Last year we had a 750 lb bag in the port locker where the 1100 lb bag is now and moving to the 1100 lb bag has been the game changer. As mentioned above the 215 really needs that rear corner sunk deep to get a clean curl. The kid pictured is 5'4 for reference.

Last edited by nautibouys; 07-28-2015 at 6:35 AM. Reason: additional info
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-06-2015, 7:55 AM Reply   
Damn, that's a nice wave. I just picked up my V215 last week and looking into the wakemakers bag conversion kits. It sounds like the 1100 lb bags are the way to go. I am assuming people are putting the 1100 lbs in both? I have heard of people putting a smaller bag in the non surf side but that seems strange for when filling up for wakeboarding. You want them to be equel and the easiest way would be to fill both up, right? so you would want both sides the same.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-06-2015, 10:13 AM Reply   
I skimped when I got mine. did 1100 starboard corner, 750 port. Bought another 1100 for port side this year and 750 gets moved around. I've got close to $1000 in sacs so I understand wanting to wait on the other side. Would depend on your crew and how much you want "the others" to have a stellar wave
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-07-2015, 1:34 AM Reply   
We think we have our wave dialed in. Will get a pic of it up. Per the suggestions here - we filled our 900 lb surf side sack and then added a 400 lb sack on the seat on the surf side. We also had the mid-ship 400 lb sac filled. Wave had great push and was pretty big. Next weekend we are going out and will not have as many people on the boat so we will put a 750 on the seat to compensate.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2015, 9:05 PM Reply   
Have any of you reinforced the removable engine side panels? With our 750's they sometimes get pushed out of place. I'd imagine with 1100's this would happen even more often...?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-11-2015, 8:08 AM Reply   
if they're seated down good and locked in they flex just a bit. I've had the starboard side fall out of the rails a few times while pulling the bag up to make sure it filled all the way. If I had my hand pushing down on the wall it probably wouldn't have come out. However, these walls are NOT designed to hold any weight at all so I'm definitely going to reinforce both sides

I'm going to brace both sides with 2 pieces of thin wall C
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       08-16-2015, 11:42 AM Reply   
I braced mine in anticipation of the 1100's. Peace of mind is always a good thing to have, especially during the season.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-27-2015, 12:07 AM Reply   
I kept meaning to post a pic of the supports installed on my 215 on the removable panels at the rear lockers.
Attached Images