Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       02-15-2013, 9:51 AM Reply   
I am used to running stock ballast on my 2012 X25 (kgb full and rear about 1/2 to full).

My question is, being used to the above configuration, I am wondering if I need to install the additional ballast system made for the Xstar.
Old     (Wesatfaith)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-15-2013, 9:59 AM Reply   
I've got a xstar and I'm getting rid of the sacs for it I can sell you the sacs and show you how to tie into the existing pumps so you don't have to self fill,the bags. It's easy email me if you want to buy or any info. Wesumland1977@gmail.com
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-15-2013, 10:47 AM Reply   
I've ridden 3 X Stars and all three needed extra ballast to make them "X stars".. One of the best wakes ever when loaded down - very average when not.
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       02-15-2013, 10:49 AM Reply   
bjames.
you just got a golden ticket if this guy is selling the sacs - buy them and just tie them into the stock pumps
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-15-2013, 12:25 PM Reply   
U will def want extra. The 25 hull was designed to ride a bit deeper and had less of a flat hull surface. This allowed the boat to not need nearly as much weight.

You can't compare what you did in te 25 to the Star. The Star loves weight. Even if its just 500 or 600 over stock you notice it. The depth of the water you ride in also effects the Stars weight more than other boats. You may not need/ want the entire pro tour system filled but I will guarantee you will fill it a bit. The stock Star wake. Is weake for its size IMO. One of the flattest in its category. However start throwing bit by bit in there and it rapidly builds to IMO one the most legendary wakes out there ever. It amps up fast. So try adding a little by little but as mentioned snatch up those bags.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-15-2013, 6:15 PM Reply   
I ride a '10 star and we can't put enough weight in it lol. We most of the time run stock with the added 4 fly highs and a center sack up front. The thing I love most about the boat is that you can make the wake as poppy or transitioned as you like by adding weight to the nose or rear. Ass-heavy it is like hitting a brick wall (in the best way ever) and front heavy will take you deep into the flats with ease. Tear it up and have fun man!
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-15-2013, 6:52 PM Reply   
sac that thing out! im running sacs on sacs on sacs and its dopeeee
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-15-2013, 7:24 PM Reply   
On my 2011 we'd run about 4K. You'll want every ounce of weight you can get. Minimum you'll want to match your old X25 will be about 2K. As my boat stayed on the water about half of that was lead.
Old     (jagermeister)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-15-2013, 8:28 PM Reply   
I've got an 08 Star and set it up with capacity of around 4k lbs.. You can't fill it to that capacity and wakeboard but I have it set up for wake/surf configurations... I've got the bow sacs under the two front seats that fill off the vent from the KGB center.. T off the KGB vent and run that to the fills under the bow seats.. Installed #1100 in each stern compartments.. They fill off the vents from the stock tanks.. The max fill of the #1100 are only for surf.. For wakeboarding you fill them between #600 and #750.. I cross vented the #1100 so they won't siphon when full.. Also did you change out the prop to a lower pitch?.. If not you'll be snapping dampner plates..

I'm currently installing the X10 type surf trim tabs.. With this system I won't need the #550 I put on the seat for surfing..

Last edited by jagermeister; 02-15-2013 at 8:31 PM.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       02-16-2013, 7:16 AM Reply   
You need tons
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       02-16-2013, 7:32 AM Reply   
love the xstar wake. how about some pictures? does any one have some with & without ballast pics?
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-16-2013, 8:24 AM Reply   
this is ours loaded at 24
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-16-2013, 1:49 PM Reply   
gnarslayer your wake is sick, good thing you gotta 8.1
Does the prop wash ever settles down?
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-16-2013, 3:22 PM Reply   
I ride a x-star often with a similar ballast set up as gnar slayer. It looks like it has a little wash but when you edge out it takes the wash away. Then it's crisp and clean as your getting sent to the moon.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-16-2013, 5:34 PM Reply   
Love that wake JB
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-16-2013, 10:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
I ride a x-star often with a similar ballast set up as gnar slayer. It looks like it has a little wash but when you edge out it takes the wash away. Then it's crisp and clean as your getting sent to the moon.
correct!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       02-18-2013, 6:52 AM Reply   
^^^ That wake looks $$$$!
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       02-20-2013, 2:51 PM Reply   
wow... that is one f$ck!n bad ass wake. I have the LY6, so I will need to change the prop.
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       02-20-2013, 8:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarslayer View Post
this is ours loaded at 24
THAT WAKE IS GREAT!!! Thanks for posting.

Really is amazing how much water the XStar wake will displace.
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-23-2013, 5:37 AM Reply   
Wow, great pic and great looking wake! When I've seen properly weighted Stars at tourneys, that what the wake looks like...