Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old    alanp            01-28-2007, 5:38 PM Reply   
disclaimer: i have nothing to do with this site.

ive been toying around with the idea of a new(used) boat. they take ads from a bunch of different sites(boattrader, craisglist yahoo etc) and compile them. pretty cool and saved me alot of time.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-28-2007, 6:33 PM Reply   
Yeah, it's a good resource. I really miss Flipsell, though
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-29-2007, 5:25 AM Reply   
Only problem is some of the ads are really out of date.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-29-2007, 6:44 AM Reply   
How can I make the site better? I'd love some feedback. The site is very new so I'm definitely still up for suggestions on ways to improve it.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-29-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
just my $.02 - I don't like 'Please Call', when I see 10 or 12 of them in a row I just leave that site and hit another location. So I would always have them show last regardless of search order
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-29-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
i found that site about a week ago. i noticed a LOT of broken links. i guess must be outdated or withdrawn ads. probably pretty tough to keep up with, but a nice idea for sure.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-29-2007, 2:27 PM Reply   
perfect Chris, I can probably make that happen (I hate that too btw). 99% of the "please call" listings are from other sites and I plan on pushing those to the back anyway to feature listings placed on Onlyinboards.com. Eventually i want to get away from pulling ads all together (or make it an option to search ads from other sites or just my site).

Bruce, I assume you mean broken becasue it was a boattrader ad that said "this ad no longer exists". Is that the case? Sometimes ads from boatquest.com don't come up right and maybe those were the broken links you were referring to. Not sure.

But either way, please be patient, we're working on making this a great site. Adding a new section for dealer demo boats that should be working very soon. Thanks for the feedback, anything and everything is good!
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-29-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
ian, no i mean when i clicked the link after doing a search, a second window would come up and say page not found. it wasn't related to a particular publication--it didn't seem to matter. i got about 10 or so off of one search.
Old    alanp            01-29-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
a couple of things ian. since your listing was free i decided to list my boat, thank you. however i had to make a couple of changes to the listing and i found it a little confusing. i would have liked to have seen an "edit" button to start the process. put the button beside "make it featured and delete". Once you edit the process it becomes confusing too rather than "save this listing and complete" id prefer "update this listing" button when the process was over. i would also revise the "add new item" because a couple of times i thought i had to hit this button because i had "added" something to my listing. i would maybe change that button to "list another boat/item". this wording for me clarifies what the button does.

if possible it would be nice to have a dealer listing by state. ie arizona, and list all the dealers in that state that you have. alan
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-30-2007, 5:59 AM Reply   
Great, thank you Alan. I will work on making it more intuitive and I can fix the dealer part to be listed by state no problem. Thakns for the feedback!
Old     (khollin1)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-30-2007, 2:31 PM Reply   
I agree with Alan's initial post. Great site, very useful. Although I'm not currently in the market for a boat, I know that's where I'll start when I am looking to buy. Plus it makes my hobby of drooling over wake boats a little easier.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-30-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
I concur, great site.