Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-30-2015, 12:05 AM Reply   
Just saw this vid of the world cup in China, David O'Caoimh stuck the first ever BS TS9 in a contest, so sick.

Its at 1:24 in the video. Also check out Raimi's sbend in the beginning she almost ate it big time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Vw...ature=youtu.be
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-30-2015, 4:18 AM Reply   
It was wrapped...
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-30-2015, 5:17 AM Reply   
Ok trick good and all but I'm more curious of everyone's honest thought on this wake? Some interesting slow mo views from the boat.
Old     (jamesruberti)      Join Date: Nov 2012       09-30-2015, 6:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by svnfightsvn View Post
It was wrapped...
I think it was cuffed. Not wrapped
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-30-2015, 7:22 AM Reply   
Huge respect for the skills. I think the look of the cuffed tricks need to grow on me. All I see is Zane cutting in for a slurpee.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-30-2015, 8:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Ok trick good and all but I'm more curious of everyone's honest thought on this wake? Some interesting slow mo views from the boat.
Water looked atrocious... Want to know what riders thought, or what we think?

What do you think?

Raimi almost died on that S-bend - that was herky jerky. Does she complete those regularly?? Looked sketchy for sure..., but an amazing athlete to pull it down how she did. I would have crapped my pants!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-30-2015, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Huge respect for the skills. I think the look of the cuffed tricks need to grow on me. All I see is Zane cutting in for a slurpee.
Took me a minute to get used to them as well. Then I went out and did a few and was laughing silly that it worked. I should restate that I did a few TS BS 180s and 3s that way def not 9s.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-30-2015, 4:40 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=wakebordr11;1923453]Water looked atrocious... Want to know what riders thought, or what we think?

What do you think?

/QUOTE]

Water was atrocious but so was that wake! That was horrible! In those slow motion spots if u pause u can see how bad that wake is crumbling! Several times the rider would be crashing through a totally folded, washed out wake! I'm guessing the riders where hating it.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-30-2015, 8:27 PM Reply   
haha yeh the cuffed approach takes a bit of getting used to. Ive been doing bs TS 1's and 3's that way since I saw David stick his first TS BS 9 that way.

Its actually a lot of fun, and you can grab the hell out of it doing it that way as well

Raimi got a get out of jail free card for sure on that sbend.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-01-2015, 9:27 AM Reply   
Great to see the sport getting pushed.

David's instructional videos on YouTube are great, you can tell how passionate he is about the sport.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-01-2015, 9:40 AM Reply   
I thought JD Webb just landed a toe back 9 at Brostock. First toe back 9 off the wake at a contest? Regardless, very good riding.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-01-2015, 10:43 AM Reply   
I think JDs was off the doubleup.

While we're talking about this video.....I think it's crazy that the women are still doing un-grabbed Ts 5s, Hs 3s, and tantrums and backrolls in their passes. Those are the same tricks that the girls have been doing in their passes for 10 years. I get the strategy of risking no more than you have to and riding hard enough just to win, but still....
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-01-2015, 12:52 PM Reply   
Jarrod I was thinking the same thing about the girls and was thinking the girl in your last video should compete in pro women's division.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-01-2015, 2:18 PM Reply   
Andrea rode on the Pro Tour in Reno in 2008 I think. We went to support her - it was pretty cool. Back then sliders were a big part of it and at the time West Coast riders had a big disadvantage because of that. She gave it a go though. She's ex-pro snowboarder also.

Sorry for the hijack.