Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-29-2014, 4:37 AM Reply   
I guess this guy is tail gating so the driver in front whips out her cell phone and starts recording. As soon as the tailgater gets a chance he swings around to make his pass and as he is doing it, it looks like he notices she is recording so he makes the mistake of Comming back to stare into the cam and flip her off. This turns out to a bad move for the guy in the F250

http://youtu.be/3XqZoaWKv2k
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-29-2014, 5:43 AM Reply   
IDK it looks like the woman was driving slow in the passing lane and he has reason to be pissed with her. Not that that excuses his actions, but she looks just like the kind of annoying driver that pisses me off as well. Move the #$%^ over lady.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-29-2014, 5:53 AM Reply   
^ x2..... They both suck
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-29-2014, 6:09 AM Reply   
X3 ^^^ 55 mph in the fast lane WTF move over lady. Law in oregon says move over but it never stops the dumb a$$ that thinks I pay taxes I can drive where I want. Police here have actually started giving out tickets to the slow drivers in the fast lane. With the amount of traffic we have here in Portland it only takes one dumb a$$ to ruin the commute fore evreyone. It takes me almost an hour and a half each day to drive thirty miles home from work.
Old     (Kjkimball)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-29-2014, 7:21 AM Reply   
Here is a statement posted online by the lady who took the video:

"This happened to me on SR 41 in Tampa on Monday March 24th. This pathetic excuse for a human being tailgated me for about three minutes. After about a minute, and me shaking my head, I pulled out my phone and started recording. I couldn’t move over because there were trucks in the right lane, and I sure as heck wasn’t going to speed on a rainy day with the roads being as slick as they were. I was turning left in about a half-mile when this happened. [...]

He initially fled the scene of the accident, but thanks to this video he has been caught and charged. Massive props to the Sheriffs Department and most especially the Highway Patrol who responded to the scene. This moron could have easily killed somebody with his moronic behavior, and my laughing at the end would have been replaced with tears. Needless to say though, I’ve never seen Karma come back so fast."
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-29-2014, 7:26 AM Reply   
I saw her pass a couple trucks but she could of easily gotten over and let me by.

We have a major problem here in washington of people driving in the left lane. I see people get on a 4 lane freeway and go straight to the left lane and drive 60 mph. Idiots. If people are passing you on the right move the F over.
Old     (the_right_kind)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-29-2014, 7:33 AM Reply   

This reminds me of another crazy video i saw recently

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=620_1341213161
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-29-2014, 8:02 AM Reply   
I do not pity him one bit, however,

she could have moved over, but was too busy videoing... isn't that dangerous as well?
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-29-2014, 9:15 AM Reply   
That bitch should have been beat down in god damn street. The guy is an idiot for crashing his truck but, if the lady had any common courtesy, she would have gotten over for 10 f'n seconds and let him by. God I hate people.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-29-2014, 9:47 AM Reply   
I agree with most here so far. Guy was an idiot but so was the person driving slow in the outside lane! Move the frick over!!!!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-29-2014, 11:25 AM Reply   
Got to admit I laughed when the guy spun out. Kinda proves the ladies point, it wasn't safe to drive any faster. Especially in a lifted monster truck.
Old     (Birdman)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-29-2014, 4:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Got to admit I laughed when the guy spun out. Kinda proves the ladies point, it wasn't safe to drive any faster. Especially in a lifted monster truck.

Your probably one of those people that drives the speed limit or below in the left lane when it clearly states SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT agreed guys an idiot for spinning out but this happens to me all the time and it really pisses me off
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-29-2014, 6:02 PM Reply   
let me start by saying I hate people that drive slow in the passing lane but to me if you watch the video it does not look like it is a cursing lane passing lane road. you can see they pass several turning lanes on the left. if she was going to make a left turn she was in the proper lane. passes can then be made on the right.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-30-2014, 3:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
Your probably one of those people that drives the speed limit or below in the left lane when it clearly states SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT agreed guys an idiot for spinning out but this happens to me all the time and it really pisses me off
Actually no, I try to be as considerate as possible. As I get older I tend to drive slower and have more tolerance for other people, can't be bothered with the drama of tickets or frustration of trying to get there a couple of minutes faster.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-30-2014, 9:17 AM Reply   
Instant karma pretty much says it all.
Old     (Birdman)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-30-2014, 9:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Actually no, I try to be as considerate as possible. As I get older I tend to drive slower and have more tolerance for other people, can't be bothered with the drama of tickets or frustration of trying to get there a couple of minutes faster.

It isn't a couple minutes on a 500 km+ drive with 25 km speed difference were talking an hour or more
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-30-2014, 9:40 AM Reply   
Good point that if he spun out that easy,it must have been a bit slippery. No matter how much of an idiot she COULD be he is 100 times more an idiot.
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-30-2014, 10:04 AM Reply   
I doubt he spun out easily, I would be he floored a big block diesel with a ton of torque and then completely loss control due to breaking tires loose trying to be a bad ass, anyone not behaving in such a way would have no problem.

And the fact that she is videoing her sped showing what, 58 or so, in the fast lane as proof that she deserves to be there says it all - she clearly could have moved right, but was trying to make a point.

Instant karma may have got him, but hers is still coming....
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-30-2014, 11:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
And you're probably the guy that does 60mph or 65mph in a 55mph zone...so what makes you better at following instructions from a sign?
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       03-30-2014, 2:57 PM Reply   
FYI, cops can pull you over and ticket you for speeding if you are doing 55 in a 65 mph if the weather doesn't permit high speed driving. If it was indeed raining and slippery, the guy would have been ticketed for speeding anyway. Yes slower traffic should keep right, but that sign is intended for drivers that are well below the speed limit. If that lady is doing 65 in a 65 zone then she isn't doing anything wrong.

Ill admit, I'm usually the exact opposite. Im the big truck doing the speed limit while some D-bag in a car is on my ass, However, I almost always drive in the slow lane. It's the speeders that weave through traffic, cut people off, and pass on the right, that get on my nerves.

To the people that think speeding is the only way to drive, I wish you could see some crazy, gnarly car accidents that fire fighters have to see just because you in a hurry or trying to look cool.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-30-2014, 5:28 PM Reply   
Frankly I'm not surprised all the everyone calling out the woman in the fast lane that was videotaping. How would you feel if that idiot spun out and hit your loved one in a head on collision??
Or better yet how about you walking down the street or riding your bike and having contact with a spending truck of that size. Completely useless and idiotic behavior. And yet it's deemed an accident?

I do find that the drivers of large trucks like the one in the video feel they can intimidate other vehicles like tailgating and other douche bagery driving tactics. I hope the guy learned his lesson and does it drive like that anymore. Driving fast through congested traffic is like a chess game can't just pull up behind a slow car and flash your high beams and expect that they're going to pull over
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-30-2014, 5:51 PM Reply   
I'm as angered as anyone by left lane bandits holding up faster moving vehicles on the FREEWAY. This video appears to be shot on surface streets, with multiple left turn lanes, and cross traffic. If this is indeed the case, and she really was planning on making a left within the next mile or so, then screw the jerkoff in the truck. The fact that he and he alone was responsible for his accident tells me he's a piss poor driver, and/or he is an anger ranger who needs to take a deep breath and relax a bit. As a commercial driver for almost 30 years, it amazes me how many times I see people driving beyond the abilities of their own skill set or of the vehicles ability. The current generation of vehicle control systems have instilled a false sense of ability into an awful lot of people.

No, I don't plug the fast lane, I move right for faster moving vehicles no matter how fast I'm going. But as I get older, I get less and less enraged when someone slows me up for a mile or so. I've been first on scene to at least 4 fatal crashes in the last 10 years, and it's really had an impact on how I behave behind the wheel of my car. In my truck, if I have an accident that is my fault and causes more than 20K in either vehicle or medical damage I'm terminated immediately, so I tend to behave the best I can when driving commercial.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-30-2014, 7:54 PM Reply   
If your Driving a Lifted Diesel then you belong in the slow lane by default.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2014, 10:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprior View Post

instant karma may have got him, but hers is still coming....
bingo
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-31-2014, 1:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
It isn't a couple minutes on a 500 km+ drive with 25 km speed difference were talking an hour or more
Yes, 1hr exactly. What's your point? Go out and drive at a 90k avg for 500k. You will need to be going 105 to 110 most of the time. Then go out and try to drive at 125k avg. You would need to be hitting 140 to 150 most of the time. The limit here is 100 if you get caught at 140+ it's mandatory loss of licence for 6 months.

Last edited by ralph; 03-31-2014 at 1:25 AM. Reason: stupid predictive txt
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-31-2014, 8:43 AM Reply   
Mabey he had a set of these hanging and they helped spin him out
Attached Images

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-31-2014, 8:48 AM Reply   
I don't care what the speed limit is if he wants by it's her responsibility to get the hell over. The fast lane is a passing lane, not an in forcing the speed limit.

Brett, I agree with you. I've noticed whenever I drive down to Seattle from BC that nobody moves over in WA state. In most places you do have more than 2 lanes so you can go around but people need to learn to move over. I'm sure everywhere has the same issue. The one that really gets me going is the people that drive in the HOV lanes and are going slower than the traffic in the slow lane. I get angry just thinking about it!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       03-31-2014, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
I don't care what the speed limit is if he wants by it's her responsibility to get the hell over. The fast lane is a passing lane, not an in forcing the speed limit.

Brett, I agree with you. I've noticed whenever I drive down to Seattle from BC that nobody moves over in WA state. In most places you do have more than 2 lanes so you can go around but people need to learn to move over. I'm sure everywhere has the same issue. The one that really gets me going is the people that drive in the HOV lanes and are going slower than the traffic in the slow lane. I get angry just thinking about it!
Wrong, buddy. The *passing lane* is the passing lane, not the fast lane. Also, she is on a 2 lane divided industrial parkway. There is no passing lane or keep right... She doesn't have to move over and risk getting blocked out of her left turn. It's safer for her to just stay put than making multiple lane changes in traffic.

Now, do I think she provoked him? Probably. Was she wrong? Yes, for videoing, getting out laughing and changing her speed/just not letting the pig head by. Who knows if she had to turn in a half mile or mile and if that amounted to 30 seconds or 5 minutes in traffic. Lots of people have no concept of distance like that.

Was he wrong? Yes. Was he driving outside his skill level? Yup. Was he a d*ck head? You betcha. His d-bag actions cost him 10s of thousands of dollars over what amounts to probably 2-5 minutes time, tops. That is one hell of an hourly rate! 10,000 dollars in 5 minutes is 120,000/hr. Nice one.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-31-2014, 9:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjkimball View Post
Here is a statement posted online by the lady who took the video:

"This happened to me on SR 41 in Tampa on Monday March 24th. This pathetic excuse for a human being tailgated me for about three minutes. After about a minute, and me shaking my head, I pulled out my phone and started recording. I couldn’t move over because there were trucks in the right lane, and I sure as heck wasn’t going to speed on a rainy day with the roads being as slick as they were. I was turning left in about a half-mile when this happened. "
This turned into a bad situation when she decided to become judge and jury on his driving habits. In all that time time, she couldn't get over? BS. Shaking her head? Taunting. Using a hand held device behind the wheel. Just plain reckless. She knows he's upset with her yet she decides to increase the danger? It is the authorities job to enforce the laws, not drivers. If he wants to break the law, that's his problem. She (or anyone else) needs to figure that out. When drivers start taking other drivers actions into their own hands, that is when things go from simply averted to a crash. The guy in the truck is still stupid for crashing but, she is worse.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-31-2014, 10:02 AM Reply   
If you let other drivers actions like "driving the speed limit" get under your skin
To the point where you start tailgating and escalating the danger you have issues. Try switching to de-caff and playing some relaxing music 😀.

I went for a ride with a friend and was stressed out by the way she drove. She had no for sight she would drive right up onto a slower moving car and then get frustrated because they were slowing her down???. I was thinking, "didn't you see that car was going slower when you pulled up behind them"
Why would you think someone was going to just move out of your way because "it's the right thing to do"

I don't let idiots impact my day/life/commute. Some people are out to mess with you and the min you let them they have won. We have all been behind that driver that seems like they are TRYING to F you up either by speeding up or slowing down to some how block you I call them freeway games and the people that play them will end up with Karma knocking at their door one way or another so don't feel like you have to teach them a lesson.
Old     (quik876)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2014, 11:53 AM Reply   
Funny thing is she turned the video over to police and NOW he's in jail for fleeing the scene of an auto accident. LOL...what an idiot
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-31-2014, 6:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by quik876 View Post
Funny thing is she turned the video over to police and NOW he's in jail for fleeing the scene of an auto accident. LOL...what an idiot
Awesome
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       03-31-2014, 6:44 PM Reply   
All the news articles I read said police didn't charge her for anything.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-01-2014, 8:59 AM Reply   
So it's legal to shoot video with your phone and harass other drivers while driving in Florida? That makes sense.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-01-2014, 9:22 AM Reply   
Regardless Delta Force there is no need for her to be that person. Why not just get over an let the person by? She's not helping the situation.