Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       01-14-2014, 9:43 AM Reply   
Pro riders will always choose their flagship boat as the best.
Stock vs stock, I'd choose the G21 wake. More of a lip like the 210, but still has the long G transition.
I'm riding behind it next week so I'll make sure to get some video/pics.
I'm sure the G23 wake gets bigger than the G21when slammed, just like the 210 vs 230 when slammed.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-14-2014, 9:58 AM Reply   
Fixable the reason I reply is because I don't believe you are the wake god that you think you are. Who do you think you are that you can tell 99% of us that we don't need a wake like a G throws? Must be fun riding in your boat when you allocate ballast by skill level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-14-2014, 10:06 AM Reply   
Sorry, but I would agree that 99% of wakeboard boat owners do not need a slammed g wake.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       01-14-2014, 11:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb7 View Post
Sorry, but I would agree that 99% of wakeboard boat owners do not need a slammed g wake.
Do all riders NEED a slammed G wake? Of course not, but there are tons of people that would prefer it. Just because I can do the same tricks behind a stock 210 doesn't mean I wouldn't rather be floating them/holding grabs for days behind a G21. If you have the money and you're not riding way beyond your skill level, why not ride the wake you have the most fun on?
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-14-2014, 11:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Fixable the reason I reply is because I don't believe you are the wake god that you think you are. Who do you think you are that you can tell 99% of us that we don't need a wake like a G throws? Must be fun riding in your boat when you allocate ballast by skill level.
When did I ever say that I was any kind of wake god?? I am an intermediate rider, at best, and never claimed otherwise.

I am sorry that you NEED the G wake, to get your tricks down. You must be a wake god!!!....... Or you need to seriously work on technique.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-14-2014, 12:16 PM Reply   
"Do all riders NEED a slammed G wake? Of course not, but there are tons of people that would prefer it."

Thank you, Captain Obvious.
Attached Images

Last edited by scottb7; 01-14-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-14-2014, 12:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
When did I ever say that I was any kind of wake god?? I am an intermediate rider, at best, and never claimed otherwise.

I am sorry that you NEED the G wake, to get your tricks down. You must be a wake god!!!....... Or you need to seriously work on technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post

Well making crazy statements telling 99% of people what they do and don't need implies that you are the supreme all knowing.

Put it this way, what percentage or people need a x-25? And where do you start your list of what people need for their particular skill set? Are the bottom wake boarders only worthy of a bayliner? Or does your list of needs start at a 12ft john boat powered by a 9.9hp merc? And at what skill level is a tower even needed, top 50%?

I'm glad that there are some out their such as Ttime that get it.

Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-14-2014, 12:27 PM Reply   
Just thought I would double check. But no. I think we are right.

Want: have a desire to possess or do (something); wish for
Need: require (something) because it is essential or very important

I still stand by my opinion that 99% of people don't NEED a slammed g boat wake for the tricks they are doing. But yeah. We all WANT one.

That being said, I agree with you that probably a good 75% of us could do our tricks behind the average runabout. (Kind of wish people would not pick on Bayliner, because they provide a huge amount of recreation for the money. And the people that do pick on Bayliner are obviously snobs. Retract your cheap shot at Bayliner and you won't be branded a snob.)

But that is the point. I admit I WANT more boat then I NEED. Get it. Admit it.

I even admit I have kind of become an inboard snob. Admit it. Man up. Admit it.

Last edited by scottb7; 01-14-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-14-2014, 12:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Well making crazy statements telling 99% of people what they do and don't need implies that you are the supreme all knowing.

Put it this way, what percentage or people need a x-25? And where do you start your list of what people need for their particular skill set? Are the bottom wake boarders only worthy of a bayliner? Or does your list of needs start at a 12ft john boat powered by a 9.9hp merc? And at what skill level is a tower even needed, top 50%?

I'm glad that there are some out their such as Ttime that get it.
1) This thread is about the X25, and G21. Not a bayliner. This is not a general wake topic.

2) Never did I say a bigger wake is not preffered. I said it is not NEEDED. We are not talking about huge differences here. The wake difference will not make, or break, somebody's experience behind either of these boats. You are talking like the G wake is twice as big. It is not. Not even close. Wake size is so close on most of these boats, it is not even worth mentioning the difference. G included..... Comparing to a I/O, or your 12' john boat, is a big difference. Who are you trying to kid? You act like I have never seen, or ridden a G23, when, in fact, I have a considerable amount of time behind one.

3) My main point, was that you were spewing BS about the X25 wake. If that wake is "tiny", so is every other boat.

4) Some folks will fork out an extra $20k to get the slightly bigger stock wake that they prefer, and some won't.

Nobody said it wouldn't be preferred. I don't know what you are getting all butthurt about....

It is not a crazy statement to say 99% of WW is not pro riders. It is crazy to say that an X25 has a "Tiny" wake.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-14-2014, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Just thought I would double check. But no. I think we are right.

Want: have a desire to possess or do (something); wish for
Need: require (something) because it is essential or very important

I still stand by my opinion that 99% of people don't NEED a slammed g boat wake for the tricks they are doing. But yeah. We all WANT one.

That being said, I agree with you that probably a good 75% of us could do our tricks behind the average runabout. (Kind of wish people would not pick on Bayliner, because they provide a huge amount of recreation for the money. And the people that do pick on Bayliner are obviously snobs. Retract your cheap shot at Bayliner and you won't be branded a snob.)

But that is the point. I admit I WANT more boat then I NEED. Get it. Admit it.

I even admit I have kind of become an inboard snob. Admit it. Man up. Admit it.

I absolutely agree...... But this is a comparison thread between the G21, and X25............ Jussayin
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-14-2014, 1:41 PM Reply   
Ok fix I think your saying that you prefer the stock wake of a x-25 over the stock G-21 wake for some reason. Awesome your entitled to your opinion but please quit spouting off what the other 99% may like, need or prefer.

And just for the record a G that is displacing almost 3k more water weight than the stock x25 will undoubtedly have a MUCH larger wake. Twice as large? Not sure how to measure that but bigger indeed! Hard to argue physics.... And I and everyone I seem to ride with prefers a huge a$$ wake! Hence why everyone runs well over factory ballast!

Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-14-2014, 2:30 PM Reply   
Absolutely! Cool story, Ron.

If you keep putting words in my mouth, I may actually start believing it myself!
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-14-2014, 3:16 PM Reply   
Ron, I have a philosophical question for you. When you say, "please quit spouting off what the other 99% may like, need or prefer."

Why is it wrong for Eric to tell people what they should do, but NOT wrong for you to tell Eric what to do?

I know he does not need me to stand up for him, but I am just kind of curious. I kind of thought anyone could just what ever they darned well pleased. This aint team talk or planet nautique.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-14-2014, 4:32 PM Reply   
Scott your absolutely correct. I was kinda a a$$ with that post and wish I had written it differently. Got to involved in the banter, being called a troll and told that my take on the comparison between these 2 boats was total BS brought the worst out I guess.

Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-14-2014, 5:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
What do you mean "last year's 23 sold yet"? You get a new boat every year like Jeff on Planet Nautique?
I look forward to Jay's build threads. Plus, better yet are the end result pics. Somebody is going to get a beautiful used 2013 from him.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       01-14-2014, 7:34 PM Reply   
Jet Ranger, come please get this thread back on track. Scott Ron and Eric are out of control
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-14-2014, 7:47 PM Reply   
Jet is great. But I think Ron just got it back on track. Thanks Ron for your admission. I glad you get it. I get your point, too.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-15-2014, 4:19 AM Reply   
calling Jetranger back to get a thread on track.... never thought Id see the day!
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-15-2014, 6:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
calling Jetranger back to get a thread on track.... never thought Id see the day!

Here's another doozy I'd never thought we'd see, a Mastercraft v. (insert other manufacturer here) thread where everyone defends Mastercraft and the one guy against MC gets called a troll!

Sounds like I've made an impact, I'll have to start vigorously defending Ti-guh now (which will be my truest challenge yet as they simply have no redeemable qualities).

As for Nordicon, in the words of my Latin friends, the man is a troll, ibid and ipso facto.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       01-17-2014, 10:08 PM Reply   
I cannot believe Dr. Flipper (aka Jetranger) is still on WW with is idiotic comments. Really? I mean is he actually for real? A year later and he's bringing the "fake rich guy attack" out again? Is he too clueless to even come up with a new approach to bashing worthy contributors? Not surprising... I gather JR has an issue with those that have money... Likely stems from issues with his multi-millionaire father who could pay cash for Correct Craft, the company that is. Nice one JR, nice one! As we say in Canada - GYSOTI (Get Your Stick on The Ice!)

Last edited by Holidayking; 01-17-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-17-2014, 11:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
just to be clear there probably isnt a single trick that you will be able to throw on a stock G21 that you wouldn't be able to throw on a stock X25 unless you are a REALLY advanced rider. Both have amazing stock wakes. 2 of the best in the business.
Firsthand experience- We had an X-25 for a year, and I have ridden in and watched pro riders ride and surf behind the G21. The G21 is a far better boat for the way that we use a boat. Wakeboard Wake- The X-25 will give you a very steep wake that is very fussy and doesn't respond well to chop and/or wind. The landings are hard as there is little or no transition. If you want a really nice wake for wakeboarding, I would rule out the X-25. In fact if you want even a decent wake for wakeboarding and want any more than stock ballast, I would rule out the X-25. The G21 wake is close to the G23, although it is a bit steeper. It is definitely far better than the X-25 for wakeboarding. You are looking at the difference between the best wakes in the industry behind a G, compared to a wake that was never intended for wakeboarding. The X-25 hull was originally intended for MC's center console fishing boat.
Surfing- The X-25 has a very nice surf wake on both sides. We had the surf tabs on the 2012. They helped quite a bit. I would imagine the new MC system is even somewhat better. The G21 has an excellent surf wake on both sides. The NSS is a really nice innovation. Not having seen the new MC system in action, I am not exactly sure how it works, but it looks like you still need to overweight the surf side. You weight the Nautique evenly and let the NSS do its thing, and that is really nice.
Mechanicals and Quality- Both boats are well made and both have excellent power options.
Interior comfort, and intangibles- These are a matter of personal preference, so come to your own conclusions. I personally really like the Nau-Teak flooring, and the rear facing seats, which are not available on the X-25, unless something has changed for this year.
As for the quote that this post is responding to, I disagree. The G21 stock wake is far bigger with a better shape than the X-25 stock wake. That is undeniable fact.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-18-2014, 7:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holidayking View Post
I cannot believe Dr. Flipper (aka Jetranger) is still on WW with is idiotic comments. Really? I mean is he actually for real? A year later and he's bringing the "fake rich guy attack" out again? Is he too clueless to even come up with a new approach to bashing worthy contributors? Not surprising... I gather JR has an issue with those that have money... Likely stems from issues with his multi-millionaire father who could pay cash for Correct Craft, the company that is. Nice one JR, nice one! As we say in Canada - GYSOTI (Get Your Stick on The Ice!)

Have you been under a rock these last few months? I'm a hero here to most. I'm defending Robert's honour and espousing liberty and freedom from tyranny. My rants are irony-driven social commentary which serve as satire. Everyone gets that now. Mastercraft bashing on this site is non-existent and all trolls are quickly castrated by my verbal acumen. So don't come down here from Canada preaching freedom to the country and countrymen who invented the word!
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-18-2014, 8:12 AM Reply   
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-18-2014, 8:15 AM Reply   
Well put pprior. If it wasn't for us, Canada and the rest of the British empire would be wearing liederhosen and driving Mercedes'.
Old     (BoarderBlasiman)      Join Date: Mar 2013       01-18-2014, 9:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltawake View Post
Firsthand experience- We had an X-25 for a year, and I have ridden in and watched pro riders ride and surf behind the G21. The G21 is a far better boat for the way that we use a boat. Wakeboard Wake- The X-25 will give you a very steep wake that is very fussy and doesn't respond well to chop and/or wind. The landings are hard as there is little or no transition. If you want a really nice wake for wakeboarding, I would rule out the X-25. In fact if you want even a decent wake for wakeboarding and want any more than stock ballast, I would rule out the X-25. The G21 wake is close to the G23, although it is a bit steeper. It is definitely far better than the X-25 for wakeboarding. You are looking at the difference between the best wakes in the industry behind a G, compared to a wake that was never intended for wakeboarding. The X-25 hull was originally intended for MC's center console fishing boat.
Surfing- The X-25 has a very nice surf wake on both sides. We had the surf tabs on the 2012. They helped quite a bit. I would imagine the new MC system is even somewhat better. The G21 has an excellent surf wake on both sides. The NSS is a really nice innovation. Not having seen the new MC system in action, I am not exactly sure how it works, but it looks like you still need to overweight the surf side. You weight the Nautique evenly and let the NSS do its thing, and that is really nice.
Mechanicals and Quality- Both boats are well made and both have excellent power options.
Interior comfort, and intangibles- These are a matter of personal preference, so come to your own conclusions. I personally really like the Nau-Teak flooring, and the rear facing seats, which are not available on the X-25, unless something has changed for this year.
As for the quote that this post is responding to, I disagree. The G21 stock wake is far bigger with a better shape than the X-25 stock wake. That is undeniable fact.
Thank god there is at least one person who understood the purpose of this thread. Thank you finally. I'm glad to hear from someone WHO HAS ACTUALLY BEEN IN THE BOAT!

On the other hand all guys bashing each other over everything completely off subject, i'm embarrassed for you. The purpose of the thread was to hear people's opinions on the performance aspects of each boat. Again thank you to those who were able to stay on subject.