Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-24-2009, 6:58 PM Reply   
what do you all think about the99 pro air. how is the wake when it is loaded? what would one with a 502 and 500 hours be worth with all the bells and whistles? thanks all
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-24-2009, 8:25 PM Reply   
Raymond, when loaded right, awesome boat and wake. Cost would also depend on the overall condition of the boat, inside and out.
Old     (liquidplayground)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-24-2009, 10:15 PM Reply   
The "Pro" had the TWC control hull which stood for Total Wake Control. Pretty intense hull design for a direct drive. You could argue it was one of the first boats designed specifically for throwing a huge wake. If you have the Double Up Experience movie go throw it in and most of that timeless riding was behind a Pro Air. Solid wake for sure.
Old     (waketac)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-24-2009, 11:34 PM Reply   
Needs a lot of weight then it produces a pretty good wake. But really a lot of weight.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-24-2009, 11:44 PM Reply   
this is a great wake. Prob 20-22 maybee My buddy has the same boat with 800+hrs and hes trying for like 17-18k. You will like it. One down side is the space in the boat after you put all of the weight...but I guess that comes with most older I drives.
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-25-2009, 4:42 AM Reply   
Thanks for all this info. THe one I am looking at is suppose to be in great shape.

1600lb auto ballast, FAE, PP, and all factory options it looks like. Bimini etc...

is this more like a 20k boat or a 25k boat?
Old     (jjgag60)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-25-2009, 8:28 AM Reply   
You need to take a hard look at the boat. This was suppose to be one of the first crossover boats. Not a lot of people like it. Some have complained it "slaps" the water. If you wakeboard buy the super air or super sport. If you ski buy a ski boat. In these times, the resale value is not in a Proair.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-25-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
3 years ago when I was boat shopping I considered a Pro-Air. Did a lot of internet research on this forum and others. Consensus from the threads and info I gathered was there were better wakeboard producing wakes in that price range than the Pro-Air. And we all know everything you read on the internet is the truth too. I think that Hull was very short lived, right?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-25-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
IMO, still one of the best DD huls/wake boats made.