Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-07-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
Let me start by saying I have enjoyed participating in the INT league the past three years. But I have an issue with the INT rules regarding the limitation on the amount of inverts you can throw in a particular division. I'll stick to the Expert division. In that division you can throw up to 5 inverts total. Yet you can throw 4 variations of a 360 and 540. So you could throw 8 different spins if you so choose, not counting any BS 180s or half cabs. Why only 5 inverts? On top of that, a raley based trick is counted as an invert. Inverts are certainly no more dangerous that a spin. And I understand you need a mix of spins and inverts for a quality run and style points. But if you enjoy going out there and throwing down a large bag of inverts, then why shouldn't you be able to? If I have 6 inverts and a raley, but no spins, then I can't compete in Expert unless I throw a bunch of grabbed 180s and half cabs. I know a guy who can throw spins (360s and 540s) all day long, but struggles with a simple invert. Yet he would kill me in the INT Expert division because I could only throw 5 inverts to his eight spins.

Since the INT has trick values and divisions can't throw a trick exceeding a certain value, then why even limit you on inverts or spins? If you want to go throw eight inverts in expert and you don't exceed the 1,350 points per trick, then who cares? Style points may suffer, but at least you can compete with the spin masters. Another possibility would be to limit your spins the same as inverts (5 total spins and 5 total inverts). And for goodness sakes don't include raley based tricks with inverts.

I guess if I have 6 inverts and a raley, I would need to compete in outlaw to be able to throw all of these even though none of the tricks exceed the point value for expert.

Does anybody else see the disparity in this?

I know someone will pop in and say "learn some spins". Well, I just happen to enjoy inverts more and isn't the INT as well as any grass root tournaments about having fun?

Sorry for the long rant. And I look forward to the INT League next year.