Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (AZFamilyofBoarders)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-03-2014, 12:17 AM Reply   
I am a 32 year old female. I have been riding for a couple years now and I am a pretty good rider. I can jump wake to wake from about 60 feet back; get a couple of grabs in and also do a backside 180. I feel like I am doing the same tricks over and over again but I am not sure where to go from here. I used to try 360's but took a pretty good fall when I missed the handle pass. I'm not scared to try anything just not sure where to start. Any suggestions??
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-03-2014, 2:27 AM Reply   
How is your switch riding? Toe side wake to wake? Have you thought about dropping your rope length out to 65 feet and working on your tricks out there?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-03-2014, 4:02 AM Reply   
Regular and switch 180's heel side and toe side. Keeping line tension low and spinning on axis are the secrets to 360's and other spins.
Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-03-2014, 2:36 PM Reply   
Get switch riding down, get out to 65' HS and TS w2w, start grabbing and poking it out for cleaner look. Tantrum was easier for me to learn than the back roll. Thats been many yrs ago. Felt more comfortable, weird. Look at some videos and start learning basic inverts
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-07-2014, 3:13 PM Reply   
How's your TS? Can always work on getting bigger pop as well. And congrats on the backside 180! That's a pretty difficult trick actually!
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-07-2014, 3:17 PM Reply   
Back roll, front roll, tantrum. Work on spinning frontside 360s on the surface on your heel side edge then do them wake to wake, pull your knees up to your forearms before you initiate the spin, many people spin too early
Old     (AZFamilyofBoarders)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-09-2014, 11:13 PM Reply   
Thank you for all the tips. We have gone out several times this season during the week and I have been practicing switch; still a struggle. Sounds like I need to suck it up and get that down first.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-10-2014, 3:45 AM Reply   
Concentrate on your body position when riding switch. Make sure your hips are locked out[ hips forward and chest up] ,don't slouch. Make sure your rear foot has 60% of the weight and the handle is at your lead hip. Then just edge away from the wake and back to the wake all the while staying outside the wake. Then edge across the wake slowly and do the same on the other side of the wake.This should help build your switch riding foundation.Good Luck!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-12-2014, 11:02 PM Reply   
You could also check out the AWA wakeboard comps which are generally out at lake pleasant in two cow cove. If you are solid with everything you have in your bag of tricks you could place in the top 3 for women's. (I'm the driver and also judge the comps) the other reason I bring it up is because there are several "chic" riders out there that constantly push each other to get better and learn new things.

PS definitely learn switch riding
Old     (rodm)      Join Date: Jun 2014       06-27-2014, 12:05 PM Reply   
Good luck girl, hope you do learn more tricks and become better

Regards
Rod M
DPF